2022-2023Trade Block

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Kitchener would have declared him a defect player and could have traded him already and secured a supplemental 10th pick overall next year. I believe Kitch thinks he will be there some time in future and not willing to trade away.

Reactions: LDN

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Kitchener would have declared him a defect player and could have traded him already and secured a supplemental 10th pick overall next year. I believe Kitch thinks he will be there some time in future and not willing to trade away.
Already some truth to it

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Post players you know are supposedly on the market

I’ll start:

Bryce Montgomery (London)

Rights to Michael Hage (Kitchener)
Not sure if you mean on the market right now or sometime this season but for Oshawa I say...

Brett Harrison
Leyton Moore

Both are probably trade deadline players

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The 67’s have ten D-Men. They likely trade one or two. I’d say one of Sirman or Sawyer is likely to depart through trade.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Already some truth to it
Great timing.

I think the longer Kitchener waits, the worse it may be for them and they may get stuck holding the bag.

If I were Kitchener, his biggest value is now and Kitch can get more now than any other time in the future. If his injury is bad and he may not be available second half or other teams are not convinced, they will not give alot of picks and mostly conditionals. If he is good to go and stays with Chicago then other OHL teams will probably consider him not coming to O and once again offer conditionals.

I say if they want to benefit the most, trade him now.

As a side note, he has alot of upside and potential but also has alot of aspects of the game to work on.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Great timing.

I think the longer Kitchener waits, the worse it may be for them and they may get stuck holding the bag.

If I were Kitchener, his biggest value is now and Kitch can get more now than any other time in the future. If his injury is bad and he may not be available second half or other teams are not convinced, they will not give alot of picks and mostly conditionals. If he is good to go and stays with Chicago then other OHL teams will probably consider him not coming to O and once again offer conditionals.

As a side note, he has alot of upside and potential but also has alot of aspects of the game to work on.

The trade will be conditionals unless the team trading for him has a verbal commitment. That is pretty standard now. Fantilli and Moldenhauer are two recent examples of players committed to Chicago and traded for strictly conditionals.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Great timing.

i think they will hold onto him, his agent told everyone he was coming when he was 17.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Agreed, but I was implying that Hage would commit to OHL team now. If Kitch is to receive conditionals now, then maybe better to wait. BUT the opportunity of getting a supplemental 10th overall pick next year is hard to pass over.

Also, Kitch is a good team this year and may not need an 06 this year, and will lose a lot of players next year. So how better than to start the rebuild with 2 first round picks. And the top end of this 07 draft is pretty solid.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Agreed, but I was implying that Hage would commit to OHL team now. If Kitch is to receive conditionals now, then maybe better to wait. BUT the opportunity of getting a supplemental 10th overall pick next year is hard to pass over.

Also, Kitch is a good team this year and may not need an 06 this year, and will lose a lot of players next year. So how better than to start the rebuild with 2 first round picks. And the top end of this 07 draft is pretty solid.
agreed, other side of the argument is you loose alot but hage is ready to go as a top 9 guy next year. i think kitchener took massive steps with the two d they added.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Not sure if they're "shopping" him or if he's just been a name that's come up but I've heard other posters mention Braden Hache in rumours, apparently he said no to a trade to NB (original Outwater trade).

I'm guessing Arcuri will be looked at as a trade piece later in the season when buyers start to load up.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Owen Sound is looking to add an OA forward. Don't see them moving anyone out unless it's a top end OA and they have to send a young guy in the deal.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Any of the teams looking to add an OA D?

I’m not sure if Ottawa has it as a priority but they do need a puck mover that can QB a PP. I think hey need a centre much more but they could flip Costantini in a deal for a puck mover.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If that were true they wouldn't have just traded 3 years of him for only a 2nd, a 3rd and 2 4ths

Is it just me or is that a brutal Conditional picks return? That seems terribly light. I know they managed to get a guaranteed 4th in the deal which is nice but the picks portion is very underwhelming. They must have been told that pigs would fly before he suits up in the OHL.

Reactions: bobber

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Is it just me or is that a brutal Conditional picks return? That seems terribly light. I know they managed to get a guaranteed 4th in the deal which is nice but the picks portion is very underwhelming. They must have been told that pigs would fly before he suits up in the OHL.
A Fantilli-ish return.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
his agent is Blane from CAA, want his cell? he told me that, other gms said he said that 🤷‍♂️
So, here’s a scenario if Hage truly intends to play in the OHL at 17 as per Blane from CAA:

We’ve traded Hage’s rights to Sudbury for a small return in order to get that first round comp pick next year. So, perhaps Kitchener and Sudbury have a two part deal in place.

League rules say a player cannot be returned via trade to a former team within a 13 month period. So, next season at the end of October, Hage agrees he’ll report here and his rights are traded back to the Rangers for a healthy package making it all worthwhile for Sudbury taking part in this exercise. Explains the low conditional pick return. Sudbury didn’t have to tie up valuable picks in this trade.

Once the dust has settled, Kitchener has Hage in the lineup next fall plus a second first round pick in the 2023 draft.

The odds of this scenario being a possibility are about as far-fetched as Jacob Tortora finding his way back to Barrie after Barrie having declared him defected, then being awarded a second first round compensation pick the following year.

No! Something like that would never happen!

Nudge nudge wink wink.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
his agent is Blane from CAA, want his cell? he told me that, other gms said he said tha
I find it hard to believe an agent would broadcast personal family business when it comes to young prospects and the direction they are taking going forward. I just can't see the family being happy with an agent talking so loosely. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: sbpointer

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A Fantilli-ish return.

I get that but only one 2nd as a conditional doesn’t make much sense to me. Fantilli had two 2nds One 3rd ++ and Moldenhauer had two 2nds and two 3rds ++. For Hage to only get 2+3+4+5 and a guaranteed 4th seems really low. Essentially the difference between a guaranteed 4th and a guaranteed 6th is one less 2nd conditional 2nd. I’m just surprised It ended up being that low. Which goes to my assertion that it seems like there is almost a 0% chance he plays in the OHL. The package reflects that. Kitchener takes a guaranteed 4th and Sudbury doesn’t tie up too many draft picks needlessly.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So, here’s a scenario if Hage truly intends to play in the OHL at 17 as per Blane from CAA:

We’ve traded Hage’s rights to Sudbury for a small return in order to get that first round comp pick next year. So, perhaps Kitchener and Sudbury have a two part deal in place.

League rules say a player cannot be returned via trade to a former team within a 13 month period. So, next season at the end of October, Hage agrees he’ll report here and his rights are traded back to the Rangers for a healthy package making it all worthwhile for Sudbury taking part in this exercise. Explains the low conditional pick return. Sudbury didn’t have to tie up valuable picks in this trade.

Once the dust has settled, Kitchener has Hage in the lineup next fall plus a second first round pick in the 2023 draft.

The odds of this scenario being a possibility are about as far-fetched as Jacob Tortora finding his way back to Barrie after Barrie having declared him defected, then being awarded a second first round compensation pick the following year.

No! Something like that would never happen!

Nudge nudge wink wink.

I can say one thing, if that were to happen, all hell would break loose. That type of deal or shenanigans would likely result in sanctions. At least with the other types of “I’ll deal X player to you this year and you deal Y player to me the following year” matches competitive cycles Where those teams would be trading for players during their championship runs.

This proposed deal would essentially be scamming an extra 1st round pick from the league. I cannot see the league allowing this type of trading to take place where comp picks are involved. The comp pick is in place to compensated for the loss of the player. In this scenario, there is no loss of the player at all, yet the pick still gets awarded.

Reactions: dirty12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad