Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The Search for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Kinda surprised nobody took a flyer on Vrana. Especially if you're a bottom feeder, that's a free 1st at the deadline if he performs as he does on average

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kinda surprised nobody took a flyer on Vrana. Especially if you're a bottom feeder, that's a free 1st at the deadline if he performs as he does on average
He's got 1 more year left, so it's a decent financial investment and I'm assuming there's information not known to the public about his situation.

Plus, I'm actually thinking at this point some teams are probably going to start aggressively tanking for Bedard and adding a potential top line winger hurts that tank a bit.

He might get traded for dirt cheap in the summer though.

Reactions: Chiarelli

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
He's got 1 more year left, so it's a decent financial investment and I'm assuming there's information not known to the public about his situation.

Plus, I'm actually thinking at this point some teams are probably going to start aggressively tanking for Bedard and adding a potential top line winger hurts that tank a bit.

He might get traded for dirt cheap in the summer though.
Ahhh okay, I'm an idiot. I thought he was UFA this summer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For shits and giggles though, it certainly would be interesting if between now and the trade deadline the Avs decided to shut Landy down until playoffs kept him on LTIR and then did this:

- Trade Newhook +2025 2nd for Hayes @50% retention + 2025 3rd
- Trade our 2025 3rd + Olausson for Vrana at $3.5M($1.75M retained)

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Vrana - Hayes - Nuke
LOC - JTC - ERod
Malgin - Helm - Cogliano

Then in the playoffs when Landy comes back, he slots in on 2LW while Vrana moves down to the 3rd line and LOC back to the 4th line.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Vrana just went to an assistance program and makes 5M+. The Avs are absolutely desperate for more cap space and shouldn't be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad