Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The Search for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Man that is a take... Trocheck has 30 points and is playing a ton of minutes for the Rangers. Since December rolled around, he's been arguably their best player and a very big reason they've gone on a run. He's arguably their 1C 5v5 right now. Zibi gets more minutes because he pulls heavy PK duty. Trocheck/Bread and whoever they are playing with tends to be their top 5v5 line.
Trocheck has an NMC anyway, no idea why he'd waive it after just receiving it.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Lol Rangers regret Trochek themselves already, no one is taking him

Blues probably want him for their own playoffs
What? Vinny would actually be a picture perfect Kadri replacement. Physical, blocks shots, drives play and is sound defensively. There's no chance the Rangers are giving him up after signing him to that contract though so there's no conversation to be had.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Bold prediction: The Avs will acquire Vinny Trocheck after the Rangers trade Alexis Lafreniere as part of a package for Bo Horvat.
They would add chytil to Laf and just run zibanejad-horvat-trocheck for the rest of the season. If they got Vancouver to retain 1-1.5 million it would work. Also takes them out of the Kane possibility

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104-114458.png
    Screenshot_20230104-114458.png
    238 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Use Laf to acquire a retained Kane, Chicago wins bedard. Change of scenery agrees with Laf/playing with bedard..bleh
Laf would most definitely be a part lf a Kane trade. Look at what Giroux got for Philly. Kane controls his destiny, like Giroux did. In the end, Philly had to take what Florida offered for him, when everyone knew he was only waiving for Florida.

The time to acquire Trocheck was in the summer when it cost nothing but money. Time to move on.
Yeah I don't really know what we are talking about here. Might as well start proposing a trade for Kadri, that would probably be more realistic.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Laf would most definitely be a part lf a Kane trade. Look at what Giroux got for Philly. Kane controls his destiny, like Giroux did. In the end, Philly had to take what Florida offered for him, when everyone knew he was only waiving for Florida.
And that was a terribly dumb trade and overpayment by Florida. Not saying Kane won’t cost that but it’s pretty much cup or bust at that point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not entirely shocking Vrana cleared with the cap situation. I think a number of teams missed out on a quality top 6 guy though, and I think Detroit is unlikely to move him now. He will continue his conditioning, Detroit will fall out of the playoff race, make some trades, and Vrana will be back up and score at a high rate to end the seaosn.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not entirely shocking Vrana cleared with the cap situation. I think a number of teams missed out on a quality top 6 guy though, and I think Detroit is unlikely to move him now. He will continue his conditioning, Detroit will fall out of the playoff race, make some trades, and Vrana will be back up and score at a high rate to end the seaosn.
Do you think given his history with the assistance program and the fact that he was waived almost immediately following his completion that there may be a tough relationship between Vrana and Detroit right now. I’m wayyyyy jumping to conclusions and for all I know maybe Vrana and Yzerman had a deep discussion before even being waived but my mind can’t help but think at this point in Varna’s life when he’s as vulnerable as ever he probably isn’t too pleased about being waived and potentially ending up anywhere.

Again, it’s Yzerman. Nobody knows anything. There’s a legit chance that this was all signed off on or perhaps even requested by Vrana. But if it’s as cold as it looks from the outside it’s probably not good.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Doesn't Yzerman have a rep of being a cold blooded douche? Especially as a GM?

I do wonder if Vrana asks out following this waivers scenario. It was made pretty clear at least publicly he was being waived to make room for two other players i.e the Wings chose them over him. That might not sit well. I know I personally wouldn't want to be there anymore after knowing that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Doesn't Yzerman have a rep of being a cold blooded douche? Especially as a GM?

I do wonder if Vrana asks out following this waivers scenario. It was made pretty clear at least publicly he was being waived to make room for two other players i.e the Wings chose them over him. That might not sit well. I know I personally wouldn't want to be there anymore after knowing that.
Remember when Yzerman didn’t pick MSL for the Olympic team so then Marty requested a trade lol?

Not that it’s related the this topic but I just remembered it when I read you say Yzerman is cold blooded. I’ve honestly hated St. Louis ever since even though he appears to be loved by most.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Remember when Yzerman didn’t pick MSL for the Olympic team so then Marty requested a trade lol?

Not that it’s related the this topic but I just remembered it when I read you say Yzerman is cold blooded. I’ve honestly hated St. Louis ever since even though he appears to be loved by most.
Yzerman just strikes me as a no BS guy who will say and do what he wants, whether it pisses people off or not. He isn't in your face about it either which might make it worse lol.

This whole situation also feels like GMs not wanting to piss Yzerman off by claiming Vrana. I don't see why a team like Arizona doesn't claim him, play him and then see if they can either flip him at the TDL for a free asset or, worst case scenario they actually have a player that can help their team moving forward who is young and can score.

Reactions: The Moops

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Wow I'm shocked that not a single team took a flier on him. Guess that goes to show just how dire the cap situation is league-wide. Not even a remarkable point producer is worth the risk if there's a question mark in his personal life.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I'm spending too much time on cap friendly looking at ways to solve the 2c. If only Seattle faultered at the beginning Gourde would still be nice

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do you think given his history with the assistance program and the fact that he was waived almost immediately following his completion that there may be a tough relationship between Vrana and Detroit right now. I’m wayyyyy jumping to conclusions and for all I know maybe Vrana and Yzerman had a deep discussion before even being waived but my mind can’t help but think at this point in Varna’s life when he’s as vulnerable as ever he probably isn’t too pleased about being waived and potentially ending up anywhere.

Again, it’s Yzerman. Nobody knows anything. There’s a legit chance that this was all signed off on or perhaps even requested by Vrana. But if it’s as cold as it looks from the outside it’s probably not good.
Vrana had a choice to stay in Grand Rapids an extra week or get back into the NHL (this was last week), and Vrana chose to stay in Grand Rapids after discussion with the Wings coaches and FO. Now I don't know the details of how that conversation went, or if this was discussed as a possibility... so maybe this changes things, but I doubt this was done vindictively or without communication. Yzerman can be a dick and make tough decisions, but he talks with players and is pretty blunt about why decisions are made. The reasoning here would be well understood by all the parties... that doesn't mean Vrana has to agree to it.

One minor speedbump in this (bad jokein there) is Vrana was 'placed' into the program rather than 'volunteering' into the program.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Man that is a take... Trocheck has 30 points and is playing a ton of minutes for the Rangers. Since December rolled around, he's been arguably their best player and a very big reason they've gone on a run. He's arguably their 1C 5v5 right now. Zibi gets more minutes because he pulls heavy PK duty. Trocheck/Bread and whoever they are playing with tends to be their top 5v5 line.

Thank god we chose Manson/EJ over getting someone like him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Trocheck should have been the play last summer. Avs simply missed the boat on that one. My guess is they still had hope of signing Kadri and so they didn't really look at the UFA market too much, and they probably incorrectly believed Newhook would do a better job then he has this year as a stop gap.

But ya Vinny at $5.5M fits this team damn near perfectly. Wouldn't have even been too difficult to work cap wise either. ERod's $2M and the $1.8M in space we started the year with would have covered 75% of the contract.

If they knew Landy or Helm would start the year on LTIR they could have just kicked that can further down the road and been fine anyway for October at least.

Reactions: The Moops

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
What? Vinny would actually be a picture perfect Kadri replacement. Physical, blocks shots, drives play and is sound defensively. There's no chance the Rangers are giving him up after signing him to that contract though so there's no conversation to be had.
They aren't happy with him are they ?
Vinny is small not very physical and I thought they were regretting that signing, plus he's -8 don't think he is very good defensively but neither was Naz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad