Celtics/NBA 2022-2023 Regular Season Part 1 - Jaylen Brown believed to suffer facial fracture, will miss time

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Watched a couple of possessions live and several sets of highlights, here are my limited observations.
Good stuff from the big guns. Brown is nice to watch early in the year when he keeps it simple, and before he gets slowed by leg injuries. (Do not want to jinx him but it is what it is....)
White is being phased out. It is too bad because he is a good, capable player, just not a shooter. They will need him when both Smart and Brogdon can't go.
Maybe it is just the bald look, but Horford looks like he has some of that end of career old man weight on him. See also Vonleh. ...who otherwise wasn't bad. They need a pf/c who can score a bit duh. The lineup lacks shooting when White, Gw etc are in there.

Embiid, I Like the guy. Great, outspoken player who plays hurt and is there when you need him but lays on the floor more than anyone.

Reactions: Maine Fan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They are not obligated to tell the fans anything so the fact that they do should be appreciated.

Fans should also realize that the team isn't going to tell you everything. The sooner this happens the better.

The entitlement sports fans in this town have can be really gross.
They are 100% obligated to accurately report injuries. But I guess that makes me entitled.

• Haha
Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
To those that watched the Celtics vs. 76ers game, what did you think of Derrick White's scoring or I should say lack thereof?

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
You know, we (generally speaking) sometimes criticize the Celtics for looking at the refs too much. Then I watch Kyle Lowry whine to the officials literally every possession on both ends and realize it could be worse. I mean, he gets into the officials huddle and they just let him stay there

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
You know, we (generally speaking) sometimes criticize the Celtics for looking at the refs too much. Then I watch Kyle Lowry whine to the officials literally every possession on both ends and realize it could be worse. I mean, he gets into the officials huddle and they just let him stay there
And they still give him all the calls. Makes no sense.

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Ainge must be getting annoyed.
Speaking of Ainge, do yourselves a favor and watch the Wolves versus Jazz highlights. The Wolves are wearing some sort of hideous alternate uniform that is a dark blue with florescent green numbers. Imagine Notre Dame football's dark uniforms with Florescent green numbers.
Also, remember Lauri "the stick" Markkanen? He is now Lauri "the Hulk" Markkanen. He has transformed himself by adding at least 25 pounds of pure muscle. Otoh, you have Talen Horton Tucker, who celebrated leaving the Lakers by adding 25 pounds of fat. I really did not think they even had good takeout in Utah. ...
The game was a see-saw game that went to overtime too.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Joe Mazzulla doesn't seem to answer the question being asked of him. Sometimes he is making a statement that has nothing to do with any of the questions. Sometimes it seems as if he doesn't know the answer to the question so he seems to say something totally different. If this seems confusing, it was posted that way like his interviews.

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad