Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 06.04.2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Thankfully, of those 4 Sykora and Berard would qualify, and Cuylle's not bad either

i'm not sold on berard as an nhl'er considering he couldn't crack the ahl lineup after 3 years in college but who knows...sykora is the only one that qualifies for what i was getting at but half joking in the way i said it. he at least plays with pace....he's not an elite skater but he has an engine. we don't have any elite skaters in the org or pipeline tho.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i'm not sold on berard as an nhl'er considering he couldn't crack the ahl lineup after 3 years in college but who knows...
That strikes me a bit as spinning the facts to support the opinion.

Pack, late season, up front, deep and healthy. Even guys like Trevigno, DiGiacinto, Rempe often didn't play as much.
And that Sykora, Edstrom played ahead of Berard, they'd played all season vs pros, includinng a few weeks of playoffs each.
Gonna be interesting to see so many rookie Fs find their roles come Fall - Edstrom, Othmann, Sykora, Berard, Korczak ..

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

Pack, late season, up front, deep and healthy. Even guys like Trevigno, DiGiacinto, Rempe often didn't play as much.
And that Sykora, Edstrom played ahead of Berard, they'd played all season vs pros, includinng a few weeks of playoffs each.
Gonna be interesting to see so many rookie Fs find their roles come Fall - Edstrom, Othmann, Sykora, Berard, Korczak ..

honestly i don't have a strong opinion on berard...just an observation of where he was 3 years post draft doesn't fill me with hope. i'd love nothing more than for him to become a 3rd line buzzsaw on the forecheck. i get the pack were playing well at the end of the year, but guys jumped him - sykora especially was 2 years younger and played in a pretty low end pro league. like i said, who knows, his story is far from being written, but as far as where he is 3 years post draft...you'd have liked to have seen more. especially since his first world juniors was more impressive than his 2nd, i only say a game or 2 of his college season but the game or 2 i caught last year he was far more noticeable. don't think its unreasonable to say he's been a bit stagnant over the last year plus, and a failure to make a case for a hfd lineup spot is concerning.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Sykora I think only has a 1/3 chance of playing. He/Rangers either will decide to play with the Pack, play in the WHL, or stay in Europe for another season.

Personally I'm hoping the WHL route. Physical hockey, smaller rink, and will get a ton of ice time to further develop his offense. Playing in the AHL could definitely stunt his offensive development if he is playing on the 3rd/4th line with no PP time. Lets also remember he isn't even 19 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad