2022/2023 Play Off Watch

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So, while tomorrow's game isn't a "must win" for either team, it basically does decide it in my mind if it's a clean win.

Of course, if it goes into OT and someone gets a loser point... I will have to pontificate on that further!
This is the most likely scenario - the game tomorrow basically cements either team's fate.

There is one small caveat though, if both teams get a point, and both keep winning, Seattle may be in jeopardy.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This is the most likely scenario - the game tomorrow basically cements either team's fate.

There is one small caveat though, if both teams get a point, and both keep winning, Seattle may be in jeopardy.

Going to credit @cbcwpg with this:

Current Records - Apr 04

Seattle - 76 - 42 - 26 - 8 - 92 pts ( 104 max ) Last 10 - 5-4-1
Winnipeg - 77 - 43 - 31 - 3 - 89 pts ( 99 max ) Last 10 - 5-5-0
Calgary - 77 - 36 - 26 - 15 - 87 pts ( 97 max ) Last 10 - 6-2-2
Nashville - 76 - 38 - 30 - 8 - 84 pts ( 96 max ) Last 10 - 4-5-1

Remaining - Games Tuesday in bold

Seattle
VAN ARI CHI ARI VGK VGK

Winnipeg
CAL NAS SJS MIN COL

Calgary
CHI WPG VAN NAS SJS

Nashville
VGK CAR WPG CAL MIN COL

Next four games are pretty soft for Seattle. It would be remarkable if they were the team that fell out of contention (would love to see that - more CDN teams, the better).

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Seattle is not dropping out lol there’s 5 games left wtf y’all talking about

Reactions: hn777

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
My Prediction
Apr 12th Standings
Calgary +1Pt on Winnipeg and +3pts Nashville
Apr 13th
Calgary +0pt Winnipeg and +1 pts Nashville
Apr 14th +0Pt Winnipeg -1pts Nashville

Calgary finishes 15th wins the lottery and drafts 5th OA

Reactions: viper0220

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think the most Flames thing would be tieing the Jets in points and missing due to the tiebreaker.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Ha, fair enough. Jets dropped two games to the Sharks recently so no guaranteed wins for our teams.

Still... the way that Chicago is trending right now, you'd think it's a slam dunk but the jinx is a thing when you thinks things are virtually guaranteed.
4 of possible 14 pts against Chicago cbus and Montreal says other wise lol

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
4 of possible 14 pts against Chicago cbus and Montreal says other wise lol
Y’know, as a Jets fan, I delivered a subtle jinx bomb to your forums by saying Chicago was a guaranteed win.

Now, it is time I make my getaway!

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Y’know, as a Jets fan, I delivered a subtle jinx bomb to your forums by saying Chicago was a guaranteed win.

Now, it is time I make my getaway!
ha..jokes on you. Jets and Flames finish tied for pts on the 13th making you think the Jets made it...but then the Preds win their final game of the season on the 14th and nip the jets by a pt.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Nashville beat Carolina tonight. We have them by 1 point but they have a game in hand.
So damn close.
It's simple. If they beat the Jets, we celebrate. Then we just need to beat them.

If the Jets beat them, they become irrelevant to us. We just need to beat them anyway to catch the Jets.

I firmly believe that if the Flames win their three games, the rest will sort itself out.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Or just steal Ian Clark from Vancouver.
We don't need anybody in return we just need to shed his dead weight .We have the best goalie in the AHL proving he is way too good to be in the minors , we're wasting him keeping Markstrom on the roster .

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We don't need anybody in return we just need to shed his dead weight .We have the best goalie in the AHL proving he is way too good to be in the minors , we're wasting him keeping Markstrom on the roster .

That's not the pure point of stealing Clark. Clark has revived goalies in the past. Perhaps he revives Markstrom and makes either Markstrom or Vladar desirable, but most importantly, I think he ensures a high likelihood that Wolf graduates and succeeds and hits his ceiling or higher.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Tonight, we want a Nashville win in regulation more than a Winnipeg win in regulation, correct?

Overtime/shootout is all but guaranteed. I should bet money on that.
Preds win against the Jets and a Flames win against the Preds puts the Flames in the drivers seat. Preds loss against the Jets really makes the math ugly for the Flames. An OT/SO game would be horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad