Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
That's actually pretty fair.
Other than expectations is kind of a black box here, is ours expectations or the Habs expectation? If it's the Habs expectations, what are they exactly? Do we even knows them?

Is it fair to think the Habs are doing what they doing because they have defined goal in mind on their own defined timeline that may not exactly match what the fans are expecting? (It doesn't imply that what they are doing is the right thing to do, just that they have their internal roadmap to handle this.)
Have you ever seen this sort of development ever lead to an impact player?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Have you ever seen this sort of development ever lead to an impact player?

Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a coach caring less about a prospect production than MSL, ever. So I can't really answer that.

But right now; The management, the coach and the prospect all appear to be on the same wavelength for this. This is a first in MTL in like 20 years. So I'm good to roll with that for now.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a coach caring less about a prospect production than MSL, ever. So I can't really answer that.

But right now; The management, the coach and the prospect all appear to be on the same wavelength for this. This is a first in MTL in like 20 years. So I'm good to roll with that for now.

I dunno, Bergevin and Therrien seemed like they were tight in the foxhole and had similar ways of thinking regarding their players.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Bergevin, Timmins, and his coaches seemed completely aligned on prospect development.

Gainey had some issues with his coaches, I'll concede that -- esp with Latendresse and Carey Price.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Bergevin, Timmins, and his coaches seemed completely aligned on prospect development.

Gainey had some issues with his coaches, I'll concede that -- esp with Latendresse and Carey Price.

I don't think Bergevin, Therrien AND Galchenyuk ever agreed on anything, including the position he should play.
Clode had no appetite to deal with a raw 18 years old KK on his roster, and probably had a month long boner the moment MB gave up and got him Thompson to play instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad