Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Since it's not being stated that Slafkovsky is or will be Jagr. Honestly what's wrong with that?
It just seems like we’re setting up for a big pie to slam in our face. Jagr, literally a top5 player of all time…

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It just seems like we’re setting up for a big pie to slam in our face. Jagr, literally a top5 player of all time…

...stylistically...as in his style of play is reminiscent of...even Jagr said it...so what's wrong with that??...

It was written with the gusto of Hemingway writing about catching a fish.

...hopefully not while he was on the Throne...:laugh:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'd agree if we were stating that he is or will be Jagr. Saying that Slafkovsky has similar traits to Jagr. Isn't really a big deal.

When I played University football. A couple of my coaches said I reminded them of Mike Pinball Clemons. One of the best running backs/Punt returners in CFL history. One we were the same size and weight. Two it was hard to tackle me, as I just bounced off defenders. Three I do an amazing Buckwheat imitation, which makes me sound like him lol

Their point wasn't I was or was going to be the next Pinball. There point was that I reminded them of him when I played.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Half the fun of being a fan is being boisterous about your team and their players and completely downplaying the other guys. I used to happily argue with my Ottawa fan Uncle that Subban was better than Karlsson.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
She’s probably in on it too. She must have been in on some truly champ moments. :sarcasm:

UnleashHell.gif

:biglaugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What kills me is how the guy unleashes with impunity on that balcony and to make it look matter of factly, you see and hear him activate the beep of his remote, in order to keep pretending that he was really going to his car.

However, just when you think the beep bookends the deal, he walks towards the front door and some residual squibblets accompany him in a trail of shamelessness.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What kills me is how the guy unleashes with impunity on that balcony and to make it look matter of factly, you see and hear him activate the beep of his remote, in order to keep pretending that he was really going to his car.

However, just when you think the beep bookends the deal, he walks towards the door and some residual squibblets accompany him to the door in a trail of shamelessness.

...hence why I always say just let it fly...it's the ones who stick around after you've dropped a Bomb that you want there anyways...:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
...hence why I always say just let it fly...it's the ones who stick around after you've dropped a Bomb that you want there anyways...:laugh:
Just when I thought I'd seen it all. :sarcasm:

V6JSino.jpg

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just heard the replay of an interview given by the ex-head stooge at DansLesCouillesLisses.

He said that he attended this 3 vs. 3 league featuring pro players and which included Slaf, Suzuki, Josh Anderson and several NHLers. Apparently, a spot opened for Slaf on account of Huberdeau bailing.

The game is played on an undersized ice surface. The stooge said that Slaf held his own and reminded him of a faster Malkin. Said he looked very close to being NHL ready.

One drawback he noted was that unlike the other players, Slaf looked visibly winded by the middle of the 2nd period. Don't know if it's a one-off or if he's that badly behind, fitness-wise.

What's interesting is that admission is only $5 and you get to see the players really close up. Apparently, the place has been packed every game. Proceeds go to charity.

I don't know where the league is at, but they were in playoff mode around mid-August. League may have completed its schedule, I'm not certain: The LSHL - Living Sisu Pro Hockey League

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Rookies tend to slump during the second half of the season as they aren't used to the pace at which the NHL is played. Don't think him being winded means much. Especially if its during a 3v3 which as everyone has seen during NHL overtime is usually pretty fast paced.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I just heard the replay of an interview given by the ex-head stooge at DansLesCouillesLisses.

He said that he attended this 3 vs. 3 league featuring pro players and which included Slaf, Suzuki, Josh Anderson and several NHLers. Apparently, a spot opened for Slaf on account of Huberdeau bailing.

The game is played on an undersized ice surface. The stooge said that Slaf held his own and reminded him of a faster Malkin. Said he looked very close to being NHL ready.

One drawback he noted was that unlike the other players, Slaf looked visibly winded by the middle of the 2nd period. Don't know if it's a one-off or if he's that badly behind, fitness-wise.

What's interesting is that admission is only $5 and you get to see the players really close up. Apparently, the place has been packed every game. Proceeds go to charity.

I don't know where the league is at, but they were in playoff mode around mid-August. League may have completed its schedule, I'm not certain: The LSHL - Living Sisu Pro Hockey League

...thanks for the update, amigo...kid sounds like he's on the right track so far, anyways...:thumbu:

decaprio.gif

Reactions: Runner77

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I would love management to hire Craig Ramsay to coach the Rocket, give him a big contract and he might do it. He was key in Slafkovsky and Mesar's progression, he was their national coach. I figure the trust is there, would be perfect if they spent the year in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad