Prospect Info: [2022 - 127th] Cedrick Guindon (OHL - Owen Sound Attack)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
''Skating continues to improve'' during a prospect's draft year means his skating sucks dick.
Pronman apparently ranked him the 15th best skater in the draft.

OHLWriters say he's a very good skater but could improve his first step explosiveness.

So.... just like with anything, who really knows unless you've seen him a lot.

I've seen him a handful of times, never paid much attention though. Definitely nothing stuck out as being a very poor skater though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220709-213832_(1).png
    Screenshot_20220709-213832_(1).png
    143 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pronman apparently ranked him the 15th best skater in the draft.

OHLWriters say he's a very good skater but could improve his first step explosiveness.

So.... just like with anything, who really knows unless you've seen him a lot.

I've seen him a handful of times, never paid much attention though. Definitely nothing stuck out as being a very poor skater though.

I haven't taken Pronman's word for anything yet, and I'm not about to start now. Just looking at the list there are several elite skaters not mentioned. Cedrick Guindon is a better skater than Alexis Gendron? David Goyette? Matthew Savoie? Our very own Owen Beck? Nah, don't think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toene

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I haven't taken Pronman's word for anything yet, and I'm not about to start now. Just looking at the list there are several elite skaters not mentioned. Cedrick Guindon is a better skater than Alexis Gendron? David Goyette? Matthew Savoie? Our very own Owen Beck? Nah, don't think so.
Pronman and Wheeler had a bit of a debate over Savoie's skating, Pronman doesn't think his skating is all too special if I recall correctly.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pronman and Wheeler had a bit of a debate over Savoie's skating, Pronman doesn't think his skating is all too special if I recall correctly.

Pronman is just a bad scout. Savoie was off the charts good at kubota, won 3 categories, top 5'd 6 of the 10 categories. Unquestionably one of the best skaters in the whole CHL and the draft. He's a rocket.

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
Pronman is just a bad scout. Savoie was off the charts good at kubota, won 3 categories, top 5'd 6 of the 10 categories. Unquestionably one of the best skaters in the whole CHL and the draft. He's a rocket.
Went back and checked, it wasn't Savoie they were discussing, it was Isaac Howard. Wheeler thinks he's one of the better skaters of the draft, Pronman thinks Howard's compete and skating aren't amazing so thinks he'll struggle at the next level

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
And to further add to context, Pronman thinks Savoie has above NHL level speed, but not exceptional for his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad