U18: 2021 WJC18

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Sanctions and ruble devaluation are just symptoms of the autocracy (slowly morphing into a dictatorship) that has been gripping the country for 21 years now. This trend where even every mediocrity jumps the ocean at the first opportunity will only get bigger in the future.
You are right, I was careful in my wording not to turn this into a political blasphemy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You would be wrong on this count, Canada is always a constant target around here and has a tough time getting even an inch of posted respect from a lot of posters (of course in reality they respect Canada, they just won't dare verbalize it here) That would take some maturity, which they probably will never possess to any degree worth mentioning.

Many Canadian posters aren't angels, but the fans from other places are every bit as bad and numerous, I'm surprised a poster like you who is here for all these international events and that I have come to respect a lot sees it as you stated here. You just have to see the post above mine to witness this................total disrespect trash post and they are always there to no end.

It's a big mess of a two way street of disrespect among far too many posters.
I think I've read every post in this U18 thread... been here everyday.

I honestly can't think of one post where a non Canada fan came on and said:

Canadian hockey is in decline
My country (whatever country that is) is much better than your country... Canada ia clearly number 2 in the world AINEC

Something like that.lol I haven't seen it. I"m happy to be shown a quote.

For sure, there are a tonne of immature converstations and inults which I try to avoid. But I genuinely can't thank of anyone commenting saying Canada was inferior to their own country.

Eg. if one of the Czech posters comes on and declares they think Czech hockey has improved and has taken over Canada's top spot in the world, even I would correct them.haha

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Sanctions and ruble devaluation are just symptoms of the autocracy (slowly morphing into a dictatorship) that has been gripping the country for 21 years now. This trend where even every mediocrity jumps the ocean at the first opportunity will only get bigger in the future.

Less oil money in KHL will eventually make things better long term. There was way too much money for the players, as a result bunch of mediocrtities were getting paid millions of dollars that the clubs were never getting back through attendance or TV deals. This is a good process that will lead to better competition in the KHL long term. The problem now with this is that all the resources are making a huge come back as we speak. Copper, metals are on the rise, oil and gas may follow. With this Russia may get lots of dollars back and things will go back to the same where stupid dollars are back in the league.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think I've read every post in this U18 thread... been here everyday.

I honestly can't think of one post where a non Canada fan came on and said:

Canadian hockey is in decline
My country (whatever country that is) is much better than your country... Canada ia clearly number 2 in the world AINEC

Something like that.lol I haven't seen it. I"m happy to be shown a quote.

For sure, there are a tonne of immature converstations and inults which I try to avoid. But I genuinely can't thank of anyone commenting saying Canada was inferior to their own country.

Eg. if one of the Czech posters comes on and declares they think Czech hockey has improved and has taken over Canada's top spot in the world, even I would correct them.haha

Why limit it to that? surely you have seen plenty of comments putting them down whether it is due to reffing, unfair winning, etc.........you surely won't have to look too far for that in any game in any tournament right? There is no way I should have to go showing you those quotes will all the years and time you have spent on these boards and besides they would be so numerous I would spend half the rest of my life showcasing them them for you since there are literally thousands. Or do I get the impression that only posts of dominance/non dominance count with you?

Can't understand why that would be, it seems to be a very half blindfolded way of looking at things. Could bias be playing a part here? I am only far too happy to grant you dunce Canadian fans stating some supposed dominance on here, it seems only reasonable to give the same weight to infractions that centre on the usual never ending posts of disrespect that fans of other countries load on Canada in every single game of every single tournament here.

I don't understand you're weighting system here. I fail to see the distinction between disrespect from fans of the respective countries..................disrespect is disrespect is it not?

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In my opinion, a lot of the "hate" that Canadians feel from posts comes from perceived slights brought about by Canadian posts that appear to express an arrogant, dismissive sense of superiority, however justified (e.g., Canada vs. Sweden in this tournament), all fueled by bathing in national glory! It is kind of like rubbing your nose in it. Especially at the younger age groups, it is almost impossible for Europeans and Americans to compete with Canada because of the lack of organization and development. When Canada beats a good Swedish team 12-1 and 8-1, its great for Canadian national pride, but it doesn't seem like that is a good thing for international hockey. It could end up removing a credible basis for continued competition.

Sweden was the defending champion of the U18's...

Not sure what you are getting at...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Why limit it to that? surely you have seen plenty of comments putting them down whether it is due to reffing, unfair winning, etc.........you surely won't have to look too far for that in any game in any tournament right? There is no way I should have to go showing you those quotes will all the years and time you have spent on these boards and besides they would be so numerous I would spend half the rest of my life showcasing them them for you since there are literally thousands. Or do I get the impression that only posts of dominance/non dominance count with you?

Can't understand why that would be, it seems to be a very half blindfolded way of looking at things. Could bias be playing a part here? I am only far too happy to grant you dunce Canadian fans stating some supposed dominance on here, it seems only reasonable to give the same weight to infractions that centre on the usual never ending posts of disrespect that fans of other countries load on Canada in every single game of every single tournament here.

I don't understand you're weighting system here. I fail to see the distinction between disrespect from fans of the respective countries..................disrespect is disrespect is it not?
For sure lots of dickheaded comments going in every direction on HFboards from every nation... go to an NHL teams section for it to get even worse. I'm a big Oil fan and those fans are vicious to each other.lol My favs are the 'sleeping on people' and the 'ainec' people.lol

However, my original point was that no one is posting that Canada sucks and their country is better. Yet, during tourneys like this, I keep reading about how 'our demise was exagerated'.. except no one has spoken of a demise of Canadian Hockey on here. Even if they did, that'd be an easy argument to tear apart.lol Eg. when Yank fans post how their naitonal team is the best in the world (and I've seen those posts) it's pretty easy to point out that they are on a bad streak of 7th place finishes and Canada has won the last 3 best on bests.

Maybe I do have a bias but my team is always out by the quarters and I'm happy for whoever wins. I actually like all the nations teams and I do my best not to get into insults on here.

Reactions: jj cale

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As is typical with all international tournaments in HF, there is usually a committed and nuanced community who follow international hockey in general and then a surge of posters who come in for the Final only to post “X is #1!!!!!!!!!111111” and taunt everyone about it before conveniently disappearing again.

If people were able to just ignore the deliberately provocative posts and focus on the posters who were there all along, a lot of this antipathy would be eliminated.

Unfortunately, that’s not how the internet works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad