Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v4 |Next: Mon, May 24 |vs TB| 1:00pm ET/10:00am PT | Yarbrough vs Stripling (last Dunedin game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Too bad Reese wasn't the one that got hit. Imagine the jokes.

Also Bo needs to work on his defense badly.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
"Charlie has done a good job getting his guys consistent playing time"

You sure that's not because the entire bench is injured Tabby?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Didn’t think I’d be saying this earlier in the year but we should re-sign Semien.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I was about to yell at Bo for that tag, but instead we can make fun of Renfroe twice in two innings.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
First series of the year that I'm actually making a point to really try and watch.

And Ryu getting through the meat of the order and the boys following up with a run explosion is exactly what I wanted to see.

Take care of business this series and watch the whole country jump aboard the bandwagon right quick.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
you have to start wondering . who is going to be the odd one out. cant keep them down forever. we have a plethora of mlb ready and almost ready catchers.

The nice thing is that they're kind of spread out and there's time to sort things. Ideally Kirk comes back later this season and supplants McGuire, splitting the workload with Jansen unless/until one of them gets hot and seizes the starter role.

Riley Adams is likely a full time backup at the MLB level. So he's not a huge concern in terms of making room. Perhaps if they still have Jansen/Kirk by the time he's ready to arrive you carry 3 catchers and use Kirk and/or Adams as bench bats who can come in on multi-positional switches and take over the C duties if necessary. That's probably a stretch though unless at least one of them can handle some 1st (and potentially by that point Rowdy will have had to play his way out of MLB status entirely or been moved on)

Gabe Moreno is next and he's the one that's going to force a move. If the other catchers are still around then you probably look at trading someone (probably Jansen if Kirk's bat holds up) to make room for him. But he's likely at least a season away, maybe two.

Thanks Buck, glad to know Cora is the reason the Red Sox are leading the division and its not because of their remarkably easy schedule and their pitchers pitching better than they ever have while looking unsustainable.

*disapproving trash can banging noises*

:sarcasm:

Where's Nem? He will make jokes about it regardless

I resent that. I know that there's a time and a place for everything, including jokes about McGuire. This isn't a Dollar Tree parking lot.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Have to start wondering whether or not this lineup can exceed peak Donaldson/Bautista/EE. Certainly looks possible.

Mar 14, 2011
I though Teoscar's last season was a mirage and his going to revert back to being a ~1+ WAR player, I'm glad I'm proven wrong so far.

Reactions: Morgs

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I though Teoscar's last season was a mirage and his going to revert back to being a ~1+ WAR player, I'm glad I'm proven wrong so far.

I was concerned because there was discussion (I believe) about how last year he found his improved success by largely ignoring breaking balls since they were so rarely thrown in the zone at him, but he still had problems making contact on them when he chose to swing. So the obvious adjustment would be to move those curves and sliders into the zone and fool him on that while avoiding giving him the fastballs he was feasting on.

Thankfully it seems like the league hasn't gotten the message and he's still able to ambush heaters to succeed.

Reactions: lebdafor norris

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Have to start wondering whether or not this lineup can exceed peak Donaldson/Bautista/EE. Certainly looks possible.

I think it's close if you look at peak core (Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion vs Springer, Guerrero, Bichette) but I think top-to-bottom this lineup can have that era beat. You add in Semien, Hernandez, Grichuk, Biggio and the potential for Gurriel and Jansen to play up to their ability and you would theoretically have a lineup with no weak points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad