Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v2 |Next: Wed, Apr 21| @ Bos |7pm ET/4pm PT | Thornton vs Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Management reaping what they sow with not getting more starting pitching in the offseason.

Reactions: Marmoset

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can we demote Stripling to the pen and start Kendall Williams in his place next time through the rotation?

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Manoah and SWR might be our 2nd and 3rd best starters right now.
I hope we don’t waste them in the minors all year while putting up with a bunch of scrubs behind ryu.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Manoah and SWR might be our 2nd and 3rd best starters right now.
I hope we don’t waste them in the minors all year while putting up with a bunch of scrubs behind ryu.

Their long-term development is too important to rush them to the majors to fill holes. They should only be brought up if they are ready.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I disagree Walker is a #4. Not worth what he got especially with our 2 studs coming.

This team currently has 2 quality starters and one of them is Steven Matz. A solid #4 who could eat innings would be a godsend. He would have cost about what this team gave Roark a year ago.

I don’t think the team has any inclination to put Manoah or SWR into the rotation this year.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Marco Estrada is only 37. cant be that bad :sarcasm:

kidding. im seeing a lot of overreactions about the pitching.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
This team currently has 2 quality starters and one of them is Steven Matz. A solid #4 who could eat innings would be a godsend. He would have cost about what this team gave Roark a year ago.

I don’t think the team has any inclination to put Manoah or SWR into the rotation this year.
Still you don't waste those dollars on Walker. Matz only has a year too. Its early be patient. If the right deal comes up go for it.
I understand your feelings though. Genuine fan.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Gotta believe but can't rush them.

Not sure it would be rushing them. Both would be knocking on the door if the minor leagues weren’t shutdown last year. They are pretty polished arms and I think both could help the team win this year.

id much rather roll with them than get bent over in a trade. We won’t be making an upgrade in the rotation until probably the July trade deadline so I’m all about seeing what SWR and Manoah can do. If they hit the ground running maybe you only need one starter rather than 2 or 3.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Not sure it would be rushing them. Both would be knocking on the door if the minor leagues weren’t shutdown last year. They are pretty polished arms and I think both could help the team win this year.

id much rather roll with them than get bent over in a trade. We won’t be making an upgrade in the rotation until probably the July trade deadline so I’m all about seeing what SWR and Manoah can do. If they hit the ground running maybe you only need one starter rather than 2 or 3.
Especially after last years stunted minor leagues ill wait . Too much of a risk on young arms. Maybe we don't wait till deadline.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Still you don't waste those dollars on Walker. Matz only has a year too. Its early be patient. If the right deal comes up go for it.
I understand your feelings though. Genuine fan.

Right now they have :

Ryu

Matz - ERA of 9.68 last year, a reclamation project.
Ray - ERA of 6.62 last year, a reclamation project.
Stripling - ERA of 5.84 last year, reclamation project.
Pearson - top prospect, but is almost 25 and has not yet had MLB success and is constantly hurt.
Roark - 6.80 ERA last year, absolute garbage.

Literally nobody outside of the ace who could get anybody out last year. It’s what you’d expect a garbage rebuilding team like Seattle to be throwing out there. If one of those projects turns into a quality starter this year, that’s a huge win.

When you sign a 32 y/o Springer to a massive contract, that means you expect to compete now. And when you are trying to compete now, you have to do better than just crossing your fingers and hoping with your starting pitching.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Jays also have Hatch, Pearson, and Ray injured. Ray is going to be back very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad