LeBrun: 2021 ufa market opening day is july 28

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Now the people in Canada who actually take a day off of work or school to watch the trade deadline day can do the same for free agency day 1

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Free agency is a national holiday in Canada so no one has to take a day off. That’s how big it is.,
It's now a distraction day for us at work... Typically on Canada day, it's nice to have 100% focus on it :(

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

take a day off of work or school 1

I can see how Leafs fans would need or would have needed summer school.Ha ha . I went for social studies in 10th grade back in the early 80s . We drove our mopeds to school then right to the beach

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Luckily, I got alot of vacation days next year. Assuming this this doesn't fall on one of the seemingly random down weeks that the auto industry loves throwing at their employees throughout the year.

Inventory smoothing, I believe, is the term they normally use.

Reactions: TopCheese

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I wonder why Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is missing? And when is the expansion draft? I'm expecting most if not all UFAs to wait until after the expansion draft!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Weak UFA class

Maybe but it might be the biggest rfa class of all time - assuming they dont sign in season of course. Offer sheet eligible names include:

Dahlin
Heiska
EP
Makar
Hughes

Just those 5 above are all blockbuster names. There's a few more too

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Bargain bin UFAs include Jeremy Bracco, Anthony Duclair and Dominik Kahun.
Not a big goalie class, with Mrazek, Rinne, Raanta and Halak leading the way.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Maybe but it might be the biggest rfa class of all time - assuming they dont sign in season of course. Offer sheet eligible names include:

Dahlin
Heiska
EP
Makar
Hughes

Just those 5 above are all blockbuster names. There's a few more too

Remember a few years ago? When Marner, Tkachuk, Point, Boeser, McAvoy, Werenski and so on were all available through offer sheets?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Remember a few years ago? When Marner, Tkachuk, Point, Boeser, McAvoy, Werenski and so on were all available through offer sheets?

Yeah and the biggest name of the class - Matthews - signed prior to july deadline.

I think the 5 names I mentioned all have a bigger reputation than the ones you mentioned - outside of maybe Marner whose on that level, and possibly Point (Point sure is today - but I mean as of 1 year ago when he was holding out). So - next year's crop looks arguably better is what I'm saying.

And I didn't even add names like Laine, Svechnikov who are also going to be very sought after.

With the uniqueness of the cap and low revenue season this year - I don't think we should ignore RFA's too quickly and assume all re-sign with their teams easily.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Yeah and the biggest name of the class - Matthews - signed prior to july deadline.

I think the 5 names I mentioned all have a bigger reputation than the ones you mentioned - outside of maybe Marner whose on that level, and possibly Point (Point sure is today - but I mean as of 1 year ago when he was holding out). So - next year's crop looks arguably better is what I'm saying.

And I didn't even add names like Laine, Svechnikov who are also going to be very sought after.

With the uniqueness of the cap and low revenue season this year - I don't think we should ignore RFA's too quickly and assume all re-sign with their teams easily.

That class was much better and deeper. Rantanen was there too, and Laine too

you’re wrong about point. He was a 90+ player. Same with Marner and was 3 points away. I dunno if you’ll ever see a strong RFA class ever

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This looks like one of the worst free agent crops in quite a while.

While I am guessing many guys will get signed I just looked at who is available and it looks great. Ovechkin could potentially be a UFA :P

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think Seattle will land a few of the bigger Ufa options out there at a bargain. Seattle underpaying is better than most teams can afford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad