2021 Training Camp

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Bit late, I completly forgot about the hockey... I just come for the Simpsons thread in offseason :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But damn it Patches you used up our 1 PP goal for the next 3 months in a preseason game.

Reactions: hackeyman

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So pretty much he is most likely NHL ready but due to numbers, he will probably be in the minors?

Not sure I would say NHL ready, if by that you mean permanently. I think he's ready for a taste though. Can still improve his skating and willingness to shoot. He could probably outplay Kolesar or Carrier in a 4th line role, but I don't think that would be great for his development. I think after Krebs he'll get the most games of the AHL forwards this year.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not sure I would say NHL ready, if by that you mean permanently. I think he's ready for a taste though. Can still improve his skating and willingness to shoot. He could probably outplay Kolesar or Carrier in a 4th line role, but I don't think that would be great for his development. I think after Krebs he'll get the most games of the AHL forwards this year.

On a team without so many established veterans in spots he would definitely play on the 4th line and then they would see if he could get to 3rd line with some experience. I don't think too many are expecting him to be a top six guy long term. Anything is possible but he strikes me as a solid 3rd line guy, but don't know if the scoring touch he showed in NCAA can translate fully to NHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Cuts. Cormier, who has drawn some Girard comparisons, will not follow the same path to the NHL as Girard walked.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Cuts. Cormier, who has drawn some Girard comparisons, will not follow the same path to the NHL as Girard walked.

Thought he looked much better as the game wore on, but not NHL-ready.

Other thoughts: Krebs showed flashes of talent, like Glass his first year he got pushed around a bit, but he's a far superior skater.

Dadanov played like he knows he has something to prove.

Liked Connor's game, he's also only 21.

I'll be there tomorrow too, hope they are a bit more organized, really didn't look great yesterday, but I wouldn't read anything into that

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Thought he looked much better as the game wore on, but not NHL-ready.

Other thoughts: Krebs showed flashes of talent, like Glass his first year he got pushed around a bit, but he's a far superior skater.

Dadanov played like he knows he has something to prove.

Liked Connor's game, he's also only 21.

I'll be there tomorrow too, hope they are a bit more organized, really didn't look great yesterday, but I wouldn't read anything into that
Do you mean Cotter?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Projected lineup, Brossoit starting. That middle pairing should be a trash fire defensively. :laugh:

I don't know, Ive gotta be Hague's biggest detractor, and he'll never be able to skate, but he was cleaning up some turnover issues late last season. I think the third line is going to be the barnfire because of youth and inexperience.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Health update from Sunday's injury report.

Kewep Theodore and McNabb out for pre-season.

Good news none of the 3 seriously hurt. Stone was right in front of me when he took the puck, He could've fractured facial bones, which can be career threatening (ask Marc Staal).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Projected lineup, Brossoit starting. That middle pairing should be a trash fire defensively. :laugh:

Ugh, I see that fourth line you know management just won't be able to resist using. Poor Nic, he deserves so much better.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Ugh, I see that fourth line you know management just won't be able to resist using. Poor Nic, he deserves so much better.
Meanwhile Howden gets to play with Krebs, and a revolving door of other interesting names(Cotter, Dugan, Elvenes at one practice and most likely next up).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Meanwhile Howden gets to play with Krebs, and a revolving door of other interesting names(Cotter, Dugan, Elvenes at one practice and most likely next up).

I didn't see anything from Howden Sunday that made me say "man they need to get him on the roster!" He didn't have a BAD game, just didn't capture my attention like Cotter and Nolan did.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I didn't see anything from Howden Sunday that made me say "man they need to get him on the roster!" He didn't have a BAD game, just didn't capture my attention like Cotter and Nolan did.

Sunk cost fallacy. You watch, they are thinking we gotta get Howden in the lineup when nothing in his history tells you he's worthy of a spot. Just the way VGK management and coaching rolls, if you are a rookie you better be a superstar in the making if you think we're going to give you playing time.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Sunk cost fallacy. You watch, they are thinking we gotta get Howden in the lineup when nothing in his history tells you he's worthy of a spot. Just the way VGK management and coaching rolls, if you are a rookie you better be a superstar in the making if you think we're going to give you playing time.

Nothing they've done says they're handling Howden like that. Seems to me like they view Howden as an extra forward based on training camp thus far. They don't think he's better than Carrier and Kolesar which is pretty telling.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Oh I had the offseason to completely forget about the existance of the golden helmets... did they have to remind me in that Martinez highlight package?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad