GDT: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (General Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
He's not wrong. 4 games for a first time offender in what would equate to a 12 game regular season suspension has absolutely no merit but because it was less than 5, he also couldn't appeal it.

I don't blame Scheifele for calling out DoPS like this and I wish he went even further.

100% disagree with this. Who cares if its his first time.... he charged a vulnerable player with the sole intention of hurting him. That play has no business in the game today. Get it out of here.

Oh ok, since its your first time trying to kill a guy, we will lessen your suspension. Get out of here!

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Schiefele continuing to play the victim after what he did is disgusting. I didn't buy his sincerity on wishing the best for Evans either. Sounded like some rehearsed script their PR guy gave to him.

He's still claiming his intentions were to negate a goal too. And that he wasn't preparing to make a hit. Which to me is just a blatant lie based on how he stopped skating and didn't even go for the puck.

He's really revealed what weak character he has with all of this IMO.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Schiefele continuing to play the victim after what he did is disgusting. I didn't buy his sincerity on wishing the best for Evans either. Sounded like some rehearsed script their PR guy gave to him.

He's still claiming his intentions were to negate a goal too. And that he wasn't preparing to make a hit. Which to me is just a blatant lie based on how he stopped skating and didn't even go for the puck.

Not a good look for him. I respected Mark as a player alot before this season but after the last two pressers I dont know anymore.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
McAvoy goes to the room, and then the Refs call a trip on Boston shortly afterward.

NHL, IMO, could use a ref in the booth that can call down to the on-ice refs and call those missed dirty hits. That should have easily been 4 for roughing, and quite possibly a major.

They need a 3rd off ice official watching the game with all the TV angles and a mic to the referees wearing ear pieces.

That way if they catch something egregious or catch a phantom penalty the ref called, they can let them know.

It wouldn't delay the game much, because this interaction could be had while the ref is skating to the box to make the call, or after the play stops and before the next face-off. If they don't catch it in time before the next faceoff then so be it.

I think the refs would get on board with this too, because it helps prevent them from making game charing mistakes that they'll be blamed for.

The officiating has just become too poor with the increased speed of the game. They need to make improvements somehow, and the best way to do it is to give them help from someone not at ice level.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seeing some of these in season acquisitions make an impact for their teams in the playoffs makes me feel some type of way.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Isles winning this is good for the Avs. Statistically more likely that there is at least one Game 7 from a 3-2 series. So it will be the Avs.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The D certainly isn't helping on the last two but that's still an awful rebound by Rask and the one prior probably counts as his turnover along the boards.

Bruins are done.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I can't believe what he said after. Don't say anything... Way better approach.

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad