GDT: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft | July 21st 2021 | 8:00 PM ET | ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVAS

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why couldn't we just like, remove the salary cap for a couple years?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
f*** that trade Palat too. He's only got a year left. Johnson is a no brainer. They were probably among the best contracts SFY ever got done but it's time to move on from the expense. We can supplant our losses in free agency with guys looking to win a Cup.

If Killorn and Colton are surviving this then we have our 2nd line intact and a promising young wing who scored the Cup winning goal who can maybe play with Point and Kucherov

The thing with Palat is we can start negotiating an extension this summer. If we can get him on a team friendly deal after next year, there's no reason to trade him. If he wants to cash out, then it becomes more difficult. Do we value one more run with him with a depleted roster or do we focus on getting assets back?

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
If they take Gourde, we replace him with TJ (Yes... I know...), then trade Palat for a 1st or picks + prospect and use our AHL guys. It's a blow to lose the 3rd line but life's not easy

Assuming Seattle straight up takes Gourde then I agree with you.

Johnson is undervalued around the league, so it doesn't make sense to deal the undervalued asset.

That being said Palat/Killorn > Johnson, even if Johnson is very underrated, so JBB could decide to take a hit on value for a better shot to win in 2022.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
parise should still be decent i have no idea why the wild didn’t like him but his numbers are still fine

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The thing with Palat is we can start negotiating an extension this summer. If we can get him on a team friendly deal after next year, there's no reason to trade him. If he wants to cash out, then it becomes more difficult. Do we value one more run with him with a depleted roster or do we focus on getting assets back?

We need assets. We have almost nothing in the way of draft capital and prospects to barter with at a given TDL. Unless we want Al Murray batting .1000 for the next 3 years with like 4 picks within the first 4 rounds until 2023 and we give up the 2023 picks too, we otherwise have no way to replenish our losses.

We already need like 2 guys to wake up one day and realize they're Ross Colton and going forward we barley even have picks to take a guy

Trade Palat and Johnson and get someone or at least some draft capital so we better our odds of successful players coming up through the pipeline

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
If they take Gourde, we replace him with TJ (Yes... I know...), then trade Palat for a 1st or picks + prospect and use our AHL guys. It's a blow to lose the 3rd line but life's not easy
That's not gonna be a replace, that's gonna be a heeeeavy downgrade. TyJo shouldn't be on this team next year, his time is up

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
parise should still be decent i have no idea why the wild didn’t like him but his numbers are still fine

Yeah, I'm not all in on Parise but for the veteran league minimum he'd be a nice pickup as a tweener. High energy, decent offense, I think we really have to reimagine how our lineup is going to look next year. Our shutdown third pairing is gone

Reactions: ccman68

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I still dont understand why we even bother with the actual showing of the draft when all the insiders and what not leak 90% of the picks before noon

Reactions: ccman68 and Hoek

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If we lose Palat I think you move Stamkos up to the Point line and turn Cirelli's line into a true shutdown line. If we lose TJ then you can move Colton up to the third line and make the fourth line into a true grind line with Raddysh and maybe Katchouk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad