2021 Seattle Expansion Draft (Seattle selects D. Gavin Bayruether)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
LOL that deal was terrible.
We gave up a 1st and got to dump Clarkson while keeping Korpi, Anderson, and Murray. Karlsson had a fluke year playing in the perfect aystwm with the pwrfect linemates with 1c minutes and 1pp time... he is back to 15-20g getting PLD ice time or maybe more. We got our 1st player we wantes with a 2nd rounder so the 1st didnt matter.

The fact that people still wish we kept Karlsson and got rid of Anderson is insane because Karlson never scores more then 30g here.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We gave up a 1st and got to dump Clarkson while keeping Korpi, Anderson, and Murray. Karlsson had a fluke year playing in the perfect aystwm with the pwrfect linemates with 1c minutes and 1pp time... he is back to 15-20g getting PLD ice time or maybe more. We got our 1st player we wantes with a 2nd rounder so the 1st didnt matter.

The fact that people still wish we kept Karlsson and got rid of Anderson is insane because Karlson never scores more then 30g here.

If Jarmo didn't flub his protected list - Hartnell, who he proceeded to buy out LMAO - then he could have protected Anderson and let Vegas take Karlsson anyway. It also wasn't just the 2017 1st rounder (Kristian Vesalainen) it was also our 2019 2nd rounder (used on Samuel Fagemo). Clarkson literally didn't matter because he'd go on LTIR here anyway. But we have cheap ownership, so...

Yes, we sure couldn't have used Wild Bill's 24-32-56 last year. Guy is on a 57-point pace again. Nope, we have no problems at 2C whatsoever. Jarmo and Torts really evaluated their talent well on that one.

If Jarmo hadn't botched the Dzingel trade last year, the expansion draft trade would rank as his worst in Columbus.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Liam is interesting, I think he'll be a winger at the next level and if his upper body catches up to his lower body he would have unreal physical talents. He could be one of those guys that actually plays better at higher levels (Josh Anderson) where the game is faster or he could be a Cogliano type where his speed atleast allows him to be a reliable 3rd liner/PKer

If Jarmo didn't flub his protected list - Hartnell, who he proceeded to buy out LMAO - then he could have protected Anderson and let Vegas take Karlsson anyway. It also wasn't just the 2017 1st rounder (Kristian Vesalainen) it was also our 2019 2nd rounder (used on Samuel Fagemo). Clarkson literally didn't matter because he'd go on LTIR here anyway. But we have cheap ownership, so...

Yes, we sure couldn't have used Wild Bill's 24-32-56 last year. Guy is on a 57-point pace again. Nope, we have no problems at 2C whatsoever. Jarmo and Torts really evaluated their talent well on that one.

If Jarmo hadn't botched the Dzingel trade last year, the expansion draft trade would rank as his worst in Columbus.
you do realize just because he was on LTIR the team still had to pay him to do nothing right? Same with buying out hartnell. That was managements decisions they said get Vegas to take Clarkson and he made a deal getting that done and the 1st waa alwaya going to.be.Tex it shows that in a behind the scenes draft day where they were talking about him in the first then jump to take him when he keeps sliding.

And Karlaaon doeant play 1C minutes here... he would never get that pace because he would never get those minutes. He alao would be in a defensive 3C role here. Its like people dont realize us and Vegas have different playbooks and rosters. He would have been with fligs and jenner. Thats not a 60pt line.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
you do realize just because he was on LTIR the team still had to pay him to do nothing right? Same with buying out hartnell. That was managements decisions they said get Vegas to take Clarkson and he made a deal getting that done and the 1st waa alwaya going to.be.Tex it shows that in a behind the scenes draft day where they were talking about him in the first then jump to take him when he keeps sliding.

And Karlaaon doeant play 1C minutes here... he would never get that pace because he would never get those minutes. He alao would be in a defensive 3C role here. Its like people dont realize us and Vegas have different playbooks and rosters. He would have been with fligs and jenner. Thats not a 60pt line.
im assuming I wasnt meant to be quoted in this?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
you do realize just because he was on LTIR the team still had to pay him to do nothing right? Same with buying out hartnell.

If the front office was competent they would have insured Clarkson's contract, covering 80% of the cost.

Hartnell isn't remotely the same as actual dollars to him cuts down drastically when you do a buyout vs. keeping an injured player around. They paid him $1.25m/year for four years instead of $4.5m and $3m the final two years of his deal.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

pled

Sep 7, 2009
If the front office was competent they would have insured Clarkson's contract, covering 80% of the cost.

Hartnell isn't remotely the same as actual dollars to him cuts down drastically when you do a buyout vs. keeping an injured player around. They paid him $1.25m/year for four years instead of $4.5m and $3m the final two years of his deal.
insurance for injury prone player contract is way too high.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I as reading up on the Seattle expansion draft and as Visqi pointed out above, impending UFA's with NMC's have to be protected.

So that means Foligno for sure and maybe Dubi(?). Either way it forces Jarmo into the 7/3/1 model unless he wants a decent F to be picked.

So it seems the list would be:

Foligno
Nyqvist
Cam
Bjorkstrand
PLD

2 of the following:
Anderson
Jenner
Wennberg (ugh) or Dubi if he has to be (double ugh)

The 3 D will be Jones,Zach & ? Murray, Savard or Gav.

My guess is that the Jackets lose a D under this scenario.

That makes one of the three D prime trade bait this off season imo.

It will be interesting.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I as reading up on the Seattle expansion draft and as Visqi pointed out above, impending UFA's with NMC's have to be protected.

So that means Foligno for sure and maybe Dubi(?). Either way it forces Jarmo into the 7/3/1 model unless he wants a decent F to be picked.

So it seems the list would be:

Foligno
Nyqvist
Cam
Bjorkstrand
PLD

2 of the following:
Anderson
Jenner
Wennberg (ugh) or Dubi if he has to be (double ugh)

The 3 D will be Jones,Zach & ? Murray, Savard or Gav.

My guess is that the Jackets lose a D under this scenario.

That makes one of the three D prime trade bait this off season imo.

It will be interesting.
I don't see a world where cap is such an asshole that he force jarmo to protect him... he can just waive.

any player can waive their nmc.

and I highly doubt he is the kind of player to refuse to waive just to f*** with a team.

same for dubi if he magically become healthy.

I hope that you just forgot he could wave and not actually believe Cap to be this kind of guy

and I dont have the rule on hands but im pretty sure they dont have to be protected to avoid this kind of situation where a player can just shit on a team

edit from vegas draft :

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft. Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.

so they dont have to be protected anyway

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Dubi will get a medical exemption if the status quo holds, like Marc Savard did last time.
I don't think so since he might not have career ending injury anyway hes pending ufa so it doesn't matter. it's not really the same as Savard for that.

Last edited:

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
Would imagine that Foligno will waive whatever clauses he has since his contract is up July 1st. He'll know before the draft whether he's coming back for a reduced role/contract or he'll end up being the captain for the Seattle Kraken.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Would imagine that Foligno will waive whatever clauses he has since his contract is up July 1st. He'll know before the draft whether he's coming back for a reduced role/contract or he'll end up being the captain for the Seattle Kraken.
he doesn't have to waive. nmc ending 1st of july are automatically waived. seattle can still try to sign him before columbus but if he want to stay he can just say no.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Thought he would if he has a partial no trade clause, which I believe he does.
na I looked up the rules. ufa with nmc are considered void. at least it was in vegas draft and it's supposed to be the same rule. anyway I don't see how he wouldn't wave so it's a non concern for us.

unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
"edit from vegas draft :

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft. Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.

so they dont have to be protected anyway"

This is good news, I think but Foligno has a modified NTC. Does that mean he still has to be protected unless he waives?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
"edit from vegas draft :

so they dont have to be protected anyway"

This is good news, I think but Foligno has a modified NTC. Does that mean he still has to be protected unless he waives?
no that part wasnt really related. if he has a modified ntc its like it was a full nmc for draft purposes. anyway they are both waived because he's ufa. I just shouldn't have quoted that part it wasn't relevant.

It's good new yeah. you can redo your own draft without protecting him see what you get.
Murray and Savard are also UFA btw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad