Patriots/NFL 2021 Season II: 1-2; Week 4 vs. TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol. We're gonna do this completely false narrative again? Not a single person was calling the Bucs a loaded team when Brady signed. It is 100% revisionist history. People mocked the situation of Brady only being able to attract a couple offers including the lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

they had 2 #1 WR and a strong TE room, then they added AB and Gronk. They were absolutely loaded on offense and that is not revisionist history. Winston didn’t throw for all them yards on accident. The only reason they weren’t a good team is because Winston was good for 3 turnovers a game and it’s hard to win living like that

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
they had 2 #1 WR and a strong TE room, then they added AB and Gronk. They were absolutely loaded on offense and that is not revisionist history. Winston didn’t throw for all them yards on accident. The only reason they weren’t a good team is because Winston was good for 3 turnovers a game and it’s hard to win living like that

Weren't Gronk and AB added after Brady signed? The Bucs had two very good WRs but again, not a single person was calling them a loaded team that was just a QB away from contending for a SB. That simply is not true.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In the spirit of moving on, I think I may be onto something as to why the offense here stinks this season. They went out on a spending spree and brought in new guys, and on the surface it seems legit. But when you look at it and realize what they did, it's pretty much on par with the Bruins playing the elevate Coyle to second line center game. They got Agholor and Bourne, and that's fine on at first blush. But when you slot them in, Bourne is really a 3 and Agholor is really a 2. The issue is that they have Agholor playing WR1 and Bourne at WR2. They slotted up and it's simply not good enough because each guy is out of their natural spot and playing above their abilities.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Weren't Gronk and AB added after Brady signed? The Bucs had two very good WRs but again, not a single person was calling them a loaded team that was just a QB away from contending for a SB. That simply is not true.
I'm not sure how you can sit here and tell me they aren't a loaded team. They were a QB away. Winston threw 30 picks the year before. The problem was at QB for them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Literally 3 Super Bowl titles (and 4 trips) in the five seasons before he demanded out.

So, uh, it got him a lot.

Nah. Love ya buddy, but that's revisionist history. He didn't demand out. He wanted a 2 year commitment from the team and BB was petty and leveraged him to go year to year. After that he finally signed a deal and made the team put it in writing that the franchise tag was off the table.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
In the spirit of moving on, I think I may be onto something as to why the offense here stinks this season. They went out on a spending spree and brought in new guys, and on the surface it seems legit. But when you look at it and realize what they did, it's pretty much on par with the Bruins playing the elevate Coyle to second line center game. They got Agholor and Bourne, and that's fine on at first blush. But when you slot them in, Bourne is really a 3 and Agholor is really a 2. The issue is that they have Agholor playing WR1 and Bourne at WR2. They slotted up and it's simply not good enough because each guy is out of their natural spot and playing above their abilities.
It's gunna take some time with the offense. Rookie QB, 2 new WRs, and 2 new TE's. If they look like this at the end of the year without any improvement then I would be worried

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm not sure how you can sit here and tell me they aren't a loaded team. They were a QB away. Winston threw 30 picks the year before. The problem was at QB for them.

Congrats on being literally the only person in the world who thought the Bucs were just a QB away from being a SB contender.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

I personally thought the WR signings were lack luster. I also hoped there would be more action and results from the TEs

OL has been atrocious and Mac is a rookie. Its still early but I see this team being 9-7 or 8-8.
The optimist sees MAYBE 10-6 but even then its a 1 and done in the POs

Reactions: LSCII

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Congrats on being literally the only person in the world who thought the Bucs were just a QB away from being a SB contender.
I’ve been a Bucs fan my whole life. NO ONE thought they were one QB away.

We were most certainly one TOM BRADY away though. Once he signed, the whole aura around the team changed. Just by having him in TB, every player on that instantly believed they could contend.

That’s what makes him special IMO. it’s not the yards, the records, etc. It’s the belief, with him, there is not one game you are out of.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Oh and for shits and giggles, while I’m here. When most people talk about Tampa it’s usually about the offense.

People always neglect the fact that they have arguably the best front seven in the NFL. Defense has been solid for years. However when you’ve got Jameis chucking up 30+ picks your defense is going to be in bad spots a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad