Patriots/NFL 2021 Season II: 1-2; Week 4 vs. TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
An all time great coach got matched up with an all time great quarterback. They had an amazing run and contribute to each other’s success in ways no one else could.

The fact that some of you Patriots fans can’t move on from that is baffling.

How is it baffling when the Patriots suck and the Bucs won the SB and will contend to repeat? It is anything but baffling. It is totally understandable.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
But I am sure you'll be on board with the pro Belichick spin in the upcoming Wickersham book that could be a reason for the Brady camp's crowing? Bill is no saint here. He gets the info out to the press that he wants out there. Whether it's Wickersham or his 3rd son, Adam Schefter.

Do you know Wickersham's book will have pro Belichick spin? What has Wickersham ever written about Belichick and the Pats that makes you think he'll paint them in a favorable light now? (A Schedfter book though I'd agree you're on to something.)

Maybe Belichick, who continues to take the high ground with Brady and isn't a thin-skinned baby trying to get out ahead of the book, just doesn't give a shit.

Reactions: Mione134

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
How is it baffling when the Patriots suck and the Bucs won the SB and will contend to repeat? It is anything but baffling. It is totally understandable.
If you broke up with your partner and were still talking and whining about it a year and a half later, everyone would be telling you you need to move on.

You had some great times together, nothing lasts forever. Just remember those good times.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I mean Bill drafted him so I dont see how it could be the other way around.

Every coach had plenty of HOFers. Gibbs had Darrell Green and Art Monk. Parcells had Lwerence Taylor and Harry Carlson. The point is the coaches are always going to need the players

And Bill had Ty Law, Seau, and Moss. But we were talking about QBs, which is why you threw out Starr. So yeah....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do you know Wickersham's book will have pro Belichick spin? What has Wickersham ever written about Belichick and the Pats that makes you think he'll paint them in a favorable light now? (A Schedfter book though I'd agree you're on to something.)

Maybe Belichick, who continues to take the high ground with Brady and isn't a thin-skinned baby trying to get out ahead of the book, just doesn't give a shit.

It's well documented that Wickersham has been a mouthpiece for the team and Belichick for quite a long time now. Same thing with Schefter.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
And Bill had Ty Law, Seau, and Moss. But we were talking about QBs, which is why you threw out Starr. So yeah....
I was talking about players in general not only QBs. Either way, the coach needs the players. Bill was in a unique position were he was coach and gm so to say it was all Brady when Bill built the roster is just not true. He rebuilt the roster twice for two championship runs where they won 3 SBs each time.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tom hand picked a loaded team, the Patriots are rebuilding. It's not hard to understand.

Lol. We're gonna do this completely false narrative again? Not a single person was calling the Bucs a loaded team when Brady signed. It is 100% revisionist history. People mocked the situation of Brady only being able to attract a couple offers including the lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Reactions: LSCII

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think that if the Patriots turn in a sub-par season this year, Coach Bill could find himself of the hot seat with the Krafts. Unlike some owners of professional sports teams, the Krafts actually want to win. The last time the Patriots had back-to-back losing seasons was 1992 and 1993 - the year BEFORE Bob Kraft bought the Patriots.

Here are some numbers that I guarantee Bob and/or Jonathan Kraft are aware of:

27-30 ~ Belichick’s record as Patriots head coach WITHOUT Tom Brady.

63-74 ~ Belichick’s CAREER record as head coach of the Patriots and Browns without Tom Brady.

5-12 ~ The Patriots’ record in their last 20 games (minus 3 wins vs. the PUTRID NY Jets) over their last 20 games.

I understand that last year was what it was, but given all the free-agent spending this year, and a full offseason to gear up, who would have thought the Patriots would play so badly? Every great coach has a great quarterback, but for Belichick’s sake, I hope the Patriots improve. And soon.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If you broke up with your partner and were still talking and whining about it a year and a half later, everyone would be telling you you need to move on.

You had some great times together, nothing lasts forever. Just remember those good times.

Sports fandom and a relationship with a significant other are not the same thing.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Lol. We're gonna do this completely false narrative again? Not a single person was calling the Bucs a loaded team when Brady signed. It is 100% revisionist history. People mocked the situation of Brady only being able to attract a couple offers including the lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
They had a really good defense, plus two pro ball wrs and gronk. All they were missing was a QB

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
so whats the narrative if winston does well with NO and stunk up the place with TB
Winston has looked pretty mediocre, so I guess time will tell. I'm not gunna hold my breath that Winston is going to light it up in NO

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I guess all those highly publicized articles Wickersham has had ripping the whole organization had me confused.

I didn't say he wasn't opportunistic when it suited him. Just that it's well known he gets a lot of insider info from the Pats/Belichick. And as there are plenty of people in the biz that have seen and read advanced copies of the book, you can be sure Brady and his camp are well aware of what's in there and where it came from. Which is why they went full court press early to get their narrative out there before it drops. I don't even have a problem with that, give the Patriots have played plenty of media related games on topics and players over the years. It's part of the deal these days.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I didn't say he wasn't opportunistic when it suited him. Just that it's well known he gets a lot of insider info from the Pats/Belichick. And as there are plenty of people in the biz that have seen and read advanced copies of the book, you can be sure Brady and his camp are well aware of what's in there and where it came from. Which is why they went full court press early to get their narrative out there before it drops. I don't even have a problem with that, give the Patriots have played plenty of media related games on topics and players over the years. It's part of the deal these days.

Brady acted like a f***ing asshole his last season here, even when they were the defending champs with an 8 and 0 record. We all commented on his attitude in real time, so this isn't creating a narrative after the fact.

I'm not surprised some people have thoughts on his behavior at the end.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Most of the mocking in the national media was coming from the Patriots themselves. Unfortunately for them, that hot take didn't hold up too well in the grand scheme of things....:laugh:

It was also patently false, but hey, who gives a shit about being truthful when you can smear a star player on the way out the door here???

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Brady acted like a f***ing asshole his last season here, even when they were the defending champs with an 8 and 0 record. We all commented on his attitude in real time, so this isn't creating a narrative after the fact.

I'm not surprised some people have thoughts on his behavior at the end.

He did, absolutely. I can't blame him though. He continually took well below market value and what did it get him? Nothing. To Belichick, he was just another guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln