Patriots/NFL 2021 Season II: 1-2; Week 4 vs. TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Burt Brier was on 98.5 this morning. He said all players and teams are aware that leaving the area will rest in this 5 day testing thing. They don't want players going other places, or leaving the area.

He thinks the Patriots are covering for Cam.

Players don't leave camp as a rule, unless it's death, birth or a medical appointment.

Where did Cam go? he violated the protocals last year..

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Burt Brier was on 98.5 this morning. He said all players and teams are aware that leaving the area will rest in this 5 day testing thing. They don't want players going other places, or leaving the area.

Players don't leave camp as a rule, unless it's death, birth or a medical appointment.

I do too.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

They literally said it was for a team approved appointment. Not all medical stuff is done exclusively through the team.

Honestly, I don't get the vitriol that Newton has had to deal with since being here. I get he had a bad year, but it started well before he even played a game for them.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
They literally said it was for a team approved appointment. Not all medical stuff is done exclusively through the team.

Honestly, I don't get the vitriol that Newton has had to deal with since being here. I get he had a bad year, but it started well before he even played a game for them.
Newton sometimes rubs some people the wrong way. His antics don’t bother me. In fact, I find him amusing.

That being said…

I can’t speak for anyone else, but he did have a bad year last year; I don’t see any reason to think this year will be any better; and I think Jones is good enough to be the starter THIS year.

Just my opinion.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It’s honestly quite sad Breer considers himself a reporter when the information he is speculating on is publicly available

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Scott Zolak is being dumped on by the media because he suggested Cam Newton is distracted by rap music at practice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He also wants those punks to stop skateboarding on the sidewalks and to get off his lawn

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mac Jones’ Girlfriend Was Crucial During QB’s COVID Training At Alabama

Mac Jones probably wouldn’t be where he now is without Sophie Scott’s help.
The New England Patriots quarterback’s girlfriend played an indispensable role in helping him win the job as Alabama’s starting quarterback for the 2020 season. Jones couldn’t access Alabama’s facilities during part of the COVID-19 pandemic but he continued to work on his craft, and Scott helped him each step of the way.
The Athletic’s Jeff Howe explained Friday in a column how she supported Jones:

When the NCAA shut down football facilities during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Jones set up a net in the living room of his apartment, gathered a bag of footballs, took them outside and fired passes through an open window to stay sharp. Then after teaching his girlfriend the Alabama playbook, they’d go to the gym at night and set up more nets, and she’d shout out plays so he could make the subsequent checks and deliver more passes. It was all part of his mission to win the starting job in a competition against five-star recruit Bryce Young."

"Jones didn’t just win the job in his junior year. He led Alabama to an undefeated season and the national championship, earning himself recognition as a Heisman Trophy finalist. He also boosted his draft stock to that of a first-rounder, and the Patriots picked him No. 15 overall."

Mac Jones' Girlfriend Was Crucial During QB's COVID Training At Alabama

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
for a guy that did nothing but hold a clipboard he got a lot of nerve….and lack of brains IMO.

He's a risk to say something profoundly stupid every time he's got a mic in front of him. It's why I find him to be hilarious. He's just so dumb...

Last edited:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Mac Jones’ Girlfriend Was Crucial During QB’s COVID Training At Alabama

Mac Jones probably wouldn’t be where he now is without Sophie Scott’s help.
The New England Patriots quarterback’s girlfriend played an indispensable role in helping him win the job as Alabama’s starting quarterback for the 2020 season. Jones couldn’t access Alabama’s facilities during part of the COVID-19 pandemic but he continued to work on his craft, and Scott helped him each step of the way.
The Athletic’s Jeff Howe explained Friday in a column how she supported Jones:

When the NCAA shut down football facilities during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Jones set up a net in the living room of his apartment, gathered a bag of footballs, took them outside and fired passes through an open window to stay sharp. Then after teaching his girlfriend the Alabama playbook, they’d go to the gym at night and set up more nets, and she’d shout out plays so he could make the subsequent checks and deliver more passes. It was all part of his mission to win the starting job in a competition against five-star recruit Bryce Young."

"Jones didn’t just win the job in his junior year. He led Alabama to an undefeated season and the national championship, earning himself recognition as a Heisman Trophy finalist. He also boosted his draft stock to that of a first-rounder, and the Patriots picked him No. 15 overall."

Mac Jones' Girlfriend Was Crucial During QB's COVID Training At Alabama
Wow. He needs to marry that woman because it sure seems like they make an unbelievable team.

Mrs. 103 has helped me study for certifications in the past, so I know how helpful that kind of support can be. He has to be a good guy for her to offer that kind of help in the first place, and she’s a good woman to support him so much. It really seems like a true partnership - as any relationship is supposed to be.

Mac Jones hasn’t played a meaningful snap yet, but I’m a huge fan already.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Chris Gasper REALLY dislikes Mac Jones.

It's actually sad.
WTF… As my old man used to say, “some people complain if their ice cream is cold.”

There are several people in the Boston sports media who want nothing more than Boston to be “Loserville” again and the “fellowship of the miserable” to return to the airwaves. They can’t accept that the ‘90s are over* and we’re never going back. Deal with it, assholes. Go f*ck a hat.

*The 1990s is the only decade since the founding of the National League in 1876 that a Boston team failed to win a single championship in one of the four major sports.

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What did he say?
Since the day we drafted Mac, he has been saying he's terrible. Calling him "Jag" Jones. Comparing him to Colt McCoy. Never willing to give him any credit. He was just on Felger and Mazz still being blah on him.

This was his take on Mac when we drafted him. This take has never changed. Except he was talking about Andy Dalton comps today.

Screenshot_20210827-165731_Chrome.jpg

He's up Cam's ass. But when Mac has a good day he's like "meh".

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Since the day we drafted Mac, he has been saying he's terrible. Calling him "Jag" Jones. Comparing him to Colt McCoy. Never willing to give him any credit. He was just on Felger and Mazz still being blah on him.

This was his take on Mac when we drafted him. This take has never changed. Except he was talking about Andy Dalton comps today.

View attachment 462704

He's up Cam's ass. But when Mac has a good day he's like "meh".
One would think these reporters would want the fans to like and respect them. If Mac ever wins anything in NE, I hope thousands of people call Gasper on his bullshit and totally hang him out to dry.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That's great he did well in practice. Let me see him after he's played 3-4 real games.

Take the fawning down a notch. Yikes.

Also, no point in getting wound up over what someone said on twitter. It is all part of a writer's brand. Gasper gets paid to give his opinion on 98.5 and his job at Ch.5 is to report on sports and provide analysis based on what happened on the field.

Think of his twitter as an extension of his gig on 98.5.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Over the last few years, teams have been un awe with mobile young QBs for a reason. Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Kyler, Allen are all great talents and tough to defend.

However, with this new QB world, people tend to forget that good pocket passers are also tough to defend. Belichick has been in this game for long enough to know that.

Everyone would draft Manning, Brady, Brees over again in today’s game. Pockets passera should not be overlooked only because it’s not the « way the game is played now »
Brady, Brees and Manning aren't good examples of why pocket passers shouldn't be overlooked. You're talking about 3 of the greatest quarterbacks ever and only one of them is still playing. Until the last few drafts i would say it was still taboo to pick qb's who are great athletes and extend plays with their legs because of those guys you named who were all drafted in the late 90's to early 2000's were somehow keeping that style of qb as the only way to play the position.

Pocket passers are way more likely to be total busts than the mobile qb's these days. Winston, Wentz, Darnold, Rosen, Bridgewater, Haskins, Weeden and EJ Manuel. These are all guys who were 1st round pick pocket passers who were busts in the last 10 drafts. Jury is still out on Tua as well. The college game doesn't teach these guys how to be quarterbacks at the nfl level anymore and the nfl game moves closer and closer to the gimmicky college offenses every year. You have to have all the intangibles and still have a great arm to be considered as good a prospect as the guys who can run and have cannons for arms now. I hated the Mac Jones pick but have liked what i have seen and heard so far but if he even becomes a top 10 qb in the league he would be the exception with his play style not the norm and is part of a style of qb that is dying.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I have nothing against Cam and I defended him last season while he was taking a lot of crap . Simply haven’t seen any other player on the Patriots have the same COID related issues Has had.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
One would think these reporters would want the fans to like and respect them. If Mac ever wins anything in NE, I hope thousands of people call Gasper on his bullshit and totally hang him out to dry.

the reason he is able to get away with saying that is because he gives himself a safe landing by jokingly saying he’ll win 6 Super Bowls, so if he wins he can always point back to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad