Confirmed with Link: 2021 Schedule release (opener 1/13 v. Pittsburgh)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Even without the reseeding, you could still end up with matchups that normally wouldn't be possible.

There are teams in the Canadian and Central divisions that normally aren't in the same conference so you could still end up with two regular Eastern teams or two regular Western teams meeting in the Final.

That's fine. Just don't let them re-seed lol.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Worried about the goalie situation. Teams with a good backup are going to have an advantage here. If Hart goes down for a few weeks we could be in trouble

Maybe it’s just me but Elliott makes me feel more comfy than most backups we’ve had over the past decade. I feel like for the price he gives some value, I might be the only one though.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
That's the risk they took with so much uncertainty, was to go with the guy they had.

But I agree, that was a miss. They had the leverage to upgrade the position even though it would've cost more. With the taxi squad rules, it will actually be more difficult to address if something happens.

By the same token, if Hart plays to what he was at home last year, he will play 40 games. But even if there were crowd, we shouldn't expect that same kind of home record.
With the taxi squad carry 3 goalies issue solved as long as #3 isn't Lyon.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Isn't Ustimenko over here now? He's probably the #4 behind Hart, Elliott and Lyon. Maybe ahead of Lyon?
I think they loaned him to a KHL/MHL team. But he was my thought.

Actually he is loaned to the league in Belarus. And has played a whole 2 games this season. Yeah...he'd work.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Well that schedule sure is something. Better have depth. Too bad we don't get to play any teams I actually want to see, lol. Should have cancelled my cable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad