Roster Moves: 2021 Roster Thread XXV: Extended Qualifying Offers to Bunnaman, Hart, Kase, Sanheim; Morin re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Something tells me Fletcher wants Nick Ritchie, but the cost is no bueno. I’m not a big Nick Ritchie fan, but I could see his play style being complemented by Frosts play making ability in high danger areas. Hell, even Laughton and Ritchies play style are complementary.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something tells me Fletcher wants Nick Ritchie, but the cost is no bueno. I’m not a big Nick Ritchie fan, but I could see his play style being complemented by Frosts play making ability in high danger areas. Hell, even Laughton and Ritchies play style are complementary.

We have 800 wingers

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
Using a +5 rule (just looking at prospects drafted within 5 spots of 36th overall to factor in draft day consensus rankings)

2019 - 36th could have landed Nils Hoglander (41st overall)

2018 - 36th could have landed Alex Romanov (38th overall)

2017 - 36th could have been Jason Robertson (39th overall)

2016 - 36th could have landed Alex DeBrincat (39th overall)

2015 - 36th could have landed Brandon Carlo (37th overall)

2014 - 36th overall was Thatcher Demko. (Nedeljkovic was 37th)

Expanding this to +10 adds even more quality players and would not be unreasonable. Plenty of talent to be had at 36th overall if you nail the pick.

I take the position that the NHL draft after early picks is crap shot with significant flat out blind luck. Way too much credit is given for late picks hitting. Logically if a team is so good at identifying a talented player why didn't they just pick that player earlier? The heralded Lightning made three picks, 2 of which are guys that have never played in the NHL before picking Point. There is a strong case to be made that if they were so brilliant at identifying talent how did they pick 2 guys that have played no games before Point? The 3rd guy is DeAngelo which is questionable for other reasons that are still occurring since the draft.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
we need a power forward for sure.. everyone is playing on the outside and no one drives the net, no one gets in dirty areas where Simmonds/Knuble/LeClair used to play.
Allison is a cheaper option. Who would Ritchie replace? I’d rather bet on NAK going back to his rookie year forechecking prowess than handing Ritchie a 3 year 3 mil AAV deal to play in the B6. We already have one of them in Laughton and likely Lindblom.

If we didn’t have a plethora of wingers then sure, but idk about now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m sure the heat maps don’t support the claim that nobody is driving the net and everyone is on the perimeter.

This is more “the whole team is slow”, “everyone refuses to shoot”, “they all gave up” nonsense.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m sure the heat maps don’t support the claim that nobody is driving the net and everyone is on the perimeter.

This is more “the whole team is slow”, “everyone refuses to shoot”, “they all gave up” nonsense.

Well, they could use more of it.
JVR does it well on the PP, not so much at ES.
Lindblom will go to the net, lacks strength last year (duh) but should be 100% in October
Allison does, which is why I think he'll push his way up the lineup.
Foerster and Wisdom are possibilities, as is Ratcliffe if he keeps filling out

Who else?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Ah, the Morin is good at defense thing is back.

I too enjoy fiction!

Reactions: Striiker

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We have 800 wingers

big-pile-deep-fried-chicken-wings-food-background-concept-deep-fried-chicken-wings-golden-skin-food-background-162645205.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad