2021 Roster discussion part 4: Who? The Kids Are Alright or Odds and Sods.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Ukko-Pekka Ukko-Pekka
Ukko-Pekka Ukko-Pekka
Ukko-Pekka Ukko-Pekka
Ukko-Pekka Ukko-Pekka
I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Coach, you just don't realize
What you do to me
When you tie me
With your rules so tight
You let me know
I can't play it right
I'm stuck in a system
I'm high on believing
That you're suffocating me

upload_2021-5-11_15-23-37.png

Reactions: DJN21 and Fezzy126

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This will be unliked, and criticized, but there is a path where Adams says 'f*** it', keeps Eichel AND Reinhart.

Skinner Eichel Bjork
Olofsson Reinhart Cozens
Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson
Girgensons Boyd Ruotsalainen
Dahlin Jokiharju
Nemeth Borgen
Sameulsson Miller
Fleury
Luukkonen
Okposo Sheahan Bryson

Send Risto to Seattle
Deal for Fleury
UFA to a defensive center (Travis Boyd) and a bot-4 LD (Patrick Nemeth)

High risk, and could come with losing some trades later, but in the short term, you chase for the playoffs with Mitts, Dahlin, Joki, Cozens, and try to give them that experience, with unquestionably the best center spine we've had since 2007.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
High risk, and could come with losing some trades later, but in the short term, you chase for the playoffs with Mitts, Dahlin, Joki, Cozens, and try to give them that experience, with unquestionably the best center spine we've had since 2007.
That's what i was hinting at in an earlier post i made. Now add to that a good coach, something that has never happened to this team for a long time, and they are in serious playoff contention.

The Sabres need to wait this out, but not in a passive way. They should be on top of the Eichel and Reinhart situation. I think that's where they've failed, and if they keep failing (on a communication level), then they have to trade them eventually.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This will be unliked, and criticized, but there is a path where Adams says 'f*** it', keeps Eichel AND Reinhart.

Skinner Eichel Bjork
Olofsson Reinhart Cozens
Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson
Girgensons Boyd Ruotsalainen
Dahlin Jokiharju
Nemeth Borgen
Sameulsson Miller
Fleury
Luukkonen
Okposo Sheahan Bryson

Send Risto to Seattle
Deal for Fleury
UFA to a defensive center (Travis Boyd) and a bot-4 LD (Patrick Nemeth)

I actually agree. Winning changes everything.

Whether it is this off season or next when Eichels NMC kicks in, you're simply going to lose a trade that sends out Eichel.

With a high end coach the team can compete. A winning team and playoffs changes a lot.

If it fails and Eichel/Reinhart still want out then trade Reinhart at the deadline and Eichel next season.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Reinhart clowned Harrington during that interview when he tried to bait him, and Harrington is throwing a hissy fit as a result, which is all he can do
I hope sam knows that 90% of fans think he's a good player and also think Harrington is a joke

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We need to get over the Botterill hangover that's causing so much pessimism. Adams doesn't make crazy stupid trades and Karmanos has a normal size head.
Even though he has renounced him Karmanos is still the son of the Antichrist so I do have some trepidations.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I hope sam knows that 90% of fans think he's a good player and also think Harrington is a joke

So much this. I think some of them occasionally read this board, and Harrington is a fat clout chasing boomer who wouldn't know talent if it snuck into his timmies order.

The one constant through all of this nonsense has been TBN writing staff harassing players and staff. I wouldn't doubt a portion of the misery is directly attributable to their desire for petulant drama over actually doing their job and analyzing the comings and goings of the games and league.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
So much this. I think some of them occasionally read this board, and Harrington is a fat clout chasing boomer who wouldn't know talent if it snuck into his timmies order.

The one constant through all of this nonsense has been TBN writing staff harassing players and staff. I wouldn't doubt a portion of the misery is directly attributable to their desire for petulant drama over actually doing their job and analyzing the comings and goings of the games and league.

You can bet on some scathing assassinations of the character of Sam and Jack on their way out by Harrington and Hamilton. Same happened with ROR.

They've already referred to Sam as a malcontent and brat so far.

Reactions: sabremike

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
You can bet on some scathing assassinations of the character of Sam and Jack on their way out by Harrington and Hamilton. Same happened with ROR.

He's a pretty decent guy who they probably hate because he's smart enough to instantly see through their BS

2 others

Mar 9, 2021

That's why journalists around the world are getting a lot of heat atm. I'm not saying it's ok to supress and threaten journalists, that is terrible and everything has to be done that something like this doesn't happen. However, it seems to me that journalists have become somewhat similar to influencers. Instead of reporting, they try to manipulate and influence their audience about someone/something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad