2021 Roster discussion part 4: Who? The Kids Are Alright or Odds and Sods.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
With Bjork playing LW with Cozens-R2, that likely means an Eakin-Okposo reunion. Get ready for KO to be worthless again.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I've been thinking that our forward lineup for next year will look something like this:

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Olofsson-Cozens-Ruotsolainen
Asplund-Mittelstad-Tage
Girgs-Eakin-Okposo

Disregarding the line structure for a sec, and obviously there will be offseason changes, but I wonder where Bjork fits in. If KA did in fact target him, I wonder who he sees moving out.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
‪Curious, does anyone know why Caggiula had to quarantine for 7 days but Bjork doesn’t?

Caggiula was coming from Arizona, so he was in the US (not Canada). Is it because Bjork was already in the Sabres division? ‬

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
‪Curious, does anyone know why Caggiula had to quarantine for 7 days but Bjork doesn’t?

Caggiula was coming from Arizona, so he was in the US (not Canada). Is it because Bjork was already in the Sabres division? ‬

It's because Bjork can cook good Swedish food and is an indie singer on the side.

Cagguila is a terrible emperor. I'd make him wait too.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It's because Bjork can cook good Swedish food and is an indie singer on the side.

Cagguila is a terrible emperor. I'd make him wait too.
giphy.gif

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

I believe it has to do with the state that they’re coming from :dunno: or most likely from outside division.

In theory Bjork is staying in his NHL bubble by staying in division.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Bjork drove from Boston to Buffalo. Hall drove from Buffalo to Boston. So they can play.

Caggiula flew commercial from Arizona to Buffalo so he has to quarantine.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Bjork drove from Boston to Buffalo. Hall drove from Buffalo to Boston. So they can play.

Caggiula flew commercial from Arizona to Buffalo so he has to quarantine.
I think actually since the game is in Boston I bet Bjork just stayed there and met up with the team today. Anyway same difference, if you travel by yourself you don’t have any new exposure.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I've been thinking that our forward lineup for next year will look something like this:

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Olofsson-Cozens-Ruotsolainen
Asplund-Mittelstad-Tage
Girgs-Eakin-Okposo

Disregarding the line structure for a sec, and obviously there will be offseason changes, but I wonder where Bjork fits in. If KA did in fact target him, I wonder who he sees moving out.

from the ED perspective
Protected 4 Eichel, Mitts, Reinhart, Olofsson
Protected next 3 Asplund, tage, skinner
Exposed KO, Eakin, Girgs, Bjork
Exempt Cozens, Ruots

what we don’t know....maybe in conversations with Seattle they toldAdsms They had interest in Bjork.

it will be interesting to see what happens before Seattlepicks and at entry draft before free agency happens.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
from the ED perspective
Protected 4 Eichel, Mitts, Reinhart, Olofsson
Protected next 3 Asplund, tage, skinner
Exposed KO, Eakin, Girgs, Bjork
Exempt Cozens, Ruots

what we don’t know....maybe in conversations with Seattle they toldAdsms They had interest in Bjork.

it will be interesting to see what happens before Seattlepicks and at entry draft before free agency happens.

There seems to be some redundancy with Girgs/Bjork. Maybe they are planning to lose one, and that will be OK I guess.

Or maybe expose Olofsson and get the SK 2021 2nd round pick back?

Cody Eakin needs to be buried or bought out. I think Miller can be...salvaged or rehabilitated. He can be traded to some team, cant say the same about Eakin

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There seems to be some redundancy with Girgs/Bjork. Maybe they are planning to lose one, and that will be OK I guess.

Or maybe expose Olofsson and get the SK 2021 2nd round pick back?

Cody Eakin needs to be buried or bought out. I think Miller can be...salvaged or rehabilitated. He can be traded to some team, cant say the same about Eakin

Olofsson isn’t getting traded for a 2nd.

sure an option is exposing A/B similar players. It’s an approach if you protect 3D Then expose 2 similar Dmrn and if one is picked you move on.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Mitts and Cozens emerging as the long awaited center spine depth behind Eichel? So sorry Botterill is not around to see his plan come to fruition. Oh well!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Maybe if he didn't hire bad coaches he'd still be here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's the least he could do for the organization after sticking us with the Skinner contract. I shudder to think the direction he'd take the roster in if either Housley or Krueger panned out in the slightest. But he got this one thing right, and for that I applaud him -- from afar.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
We have to buy Eakin out right? It’s not damaging at all. Or try and get Seattle to take him for a third. Either way, I’ll be pretty pissed if he’s a Sabre next year
If they want to get rid of Eakin, and I'm not sure that they do as much as many of us may wish, there really isn't a ton of upside in buying him out compared to just waiving him and sending him down. They'd save a little more than 500k against the cap next season, but take on an additional 800k cap hit the following season. And who knows, maybe someone claims him on waivers, maybe he doesn't report, or maybe someone even trades for him (even with retention) for depth. It's not like we're talking about big money differences either way, but that seems like all the more reason that it would be better to keep their options open.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Olofsson isn’t getting traded for a 2nd.

sure an option is exposing A/B similar players. It’s an approach if you protect 3D Then expose 2 similar Dmrn and if one is picked you move on.

I agree his value is (hopefully) a low 1st. We are going to lose an asset to the Kraken. Which is why to Seattle maybe a high 2nd. Just a thought.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Do we go into next season with a center spine of Eichel/Reinhart/Cozens/Mittelstadt?

Fire Eakins into the sun (or 13th forward). It's much easier to find competent wingers during FA and trades than it is the find competent centers.

That’d work. Put Beniers in the wing to start.:sarcasm:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Do we go into next season with a center spine of Eichel/Reinhart/Cozens/Mittelstadt?

Fire Eakins into the sun (or 13th forward). It's much easier to find competent wingers during FA and trades than it is the find competent centers.
Mittlestadt or Cozens as the 4th line Center doesn’t make much sense to me, especially when both look superior to Reinhart.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00