2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Would they have to pay him anything if they qualified him? Doesn't it involve 110% of his last year's salary? Does it matter if he is under another contract? I don't get Nill's fascination with him, nor his with coming back to the Stars organization last year, but I really wouldn't get it if it involved any real $$$.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Would they have to pay him anything if they qualified him? Doesn't it involve 110% of his last year's salary? Does it matter if he is under another contract? I don't get Nill's fascination with him, nor his with coming back to the Stars organization last year, but I really wouldn't get it if it involved any real $$$.

I don't think it costs any money but whats the point ? Not like he has any value on the trade market ( nobody wanted him on waivers ) and i sincerely doubt he will ever be a good NHL player much less for the Stars. That ship has sailed.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
His qualifying offer is going to be larger than whatever this Swedish team is paying, so he'd sign it in a second.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
His qualifying offer is going to be larger than whatever this Swedish team is paying, so he'd sign it in a second.

Well it depends. Pretty sure he was on a 2-way contract this year and his AHL salary was not all that much. Like 75k or something.

Edit : 90 k

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I was just thinking about what a package of Lindell & Guri plus a (Honka) low chip/draft pick might get.

Somehow Nill got Seguin for basically Eriksson and Smith. Lindell is younger and a solid d-man but that contract reminds me of Erikssons and Guri is a better than Smith at this this stage when trade was made.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I was just thinking about what a package of Lindell & Guri plus a (Honka) low chip/draft pick might get.

Honka has no value, because he is playing overseas for two years, plus, he sucks.

Why trade Lindell and Guri? You would have to get back in excess of a top 4 D, 2nd line LW, and more. Or, are you just in the camp that says if we trade some of our best players, we will somehow we will get better? Yes, you might assume that you can replace Lindell with Harley, although, that is not a given. Yes, that might open up our cap to sign a scoring winger, but then we will be net zero in the scoring department? How does this help, unless you are thinking possibly of Jack Eichel, or some UFA pickup.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Somehow Nill got Seguin for basically Eriksson and Smith. Lindell is younger and a solid d-man but that contract reminds me of Erikssons and Guri is a better than Smith at this this stage when trade was made.

Notice we haven’t made trades like that since Spezza? GM’s caught onto Nill pretty quickly after Seguin and Spezza. Nobody wants to get fleeced

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Honka has no value, because he is playing overseas for two years, plus, he sucks.

Why trade Lindell and Guri? You would have to get back in excess of a top 4 D, 2nd line LW, and more. Or, are you just in the camp that says if we trade some of our best players, we will somehow we will get better? Yes, you might assume that you can replace Lindell with Harley, although, that is not a given. Yes, that might open up our cap to sign a scoring winger, but then we will be net zero in the scoring department? How does this help, unless you are thinking possibly of Jack Eichel, or some UFA pickup.
Again, I wasn’t thinking about Honka, his name just came up so I threw it in there.

The thought on my end was looking at moving 5.8 cap (five years with a NTC) along with Nichushkin 2.0 if a deal looks good.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, a trade like that may make sense for caponomics reasons, and trading him before the onerous NTC kicks in may make some sense.

I am considering it only as a hockey trade. But, I think Nill would look at all other options first, frankly. Dobby, Comeau and Cogs are easy cap drops compared to Lindell.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Again, I wasn’t thinking about Honka, his name just came up so I threw it in there.

The thought on my end was looking at moving 5.8 cap (five years with a NTC) along with Nichushkin 2.0 if a deal looks good.
Gurianov isnt Barzal where he carries a line, but he's still a good player. He improved his point production while on a mishmash second line, and a mishmash second pp unit. He still has work to do on his overall game, but there is no reason to trade him away.

Reactions: Dallasman

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gurianov is not Nichuskin. Not even close . Is he Barzal or Connor ? No . He's still a top 6 winger with a great shot . Sometimes he goes on long cold streak but this was just his second year . He's about a year younger than Hintz and he's still somewhat cheap. The f*** would you want to trade him ? Not to mention Gurianov and Nichuskin are very different not just in playstyle. Val went whining to the Russian media outlets about how he wasn't happy and didn't like Ruff when things didn't go well for him here and then back to Russia.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well it depends. Pretty sure he was on a 2-way contract this year and his AHL salary was not all that much. Like 75k or something.

Edit : 90 k
That might still be more than the Swedish league pays. But my bigger point is there’s no point qualifying a guy getting healthy scratched in the AHL. If he signs the offer, you’re stuck with him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That might still be more than the Swedish league pays. But my bigger point is there’s no point qualifying a guy getting healthy scratched in the AHL. If he signs the offer, you’re stuck with him.

Probably not. SHL salary are between 50k-300k ish. Most european league pay better than AHL contracts outside the top-end AHL guys . SHL is especially on the higher spectrum there.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Was playing around on moneypuck looking at the expected goals % per line, and basically any line that had Pavelski on it dominated. So might be a good idea to move Guri back with Hintz

Could do something like this:
Robertson-Hintz-Gurianov (lose having a right hand on the draw to help Hintz, but this line actually performed really well so might be a better fit for Guri than next to Benn)
Benn-Pavelski-Radulov (this line dominated early last year before Radulov was injured, but I would worry about speed and I liked Benn as a C)
Kiviranta-Seguin-X (Two guys who didnt get a tonne of game time last year, but I think they could do well together)
X-X-X

I'm really hoping Damiani has a good offseason, I'd love for him to make the team next year.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Coleman-Seguin-Radulov
Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Kiviranta-Benn-Gurianov
Dickinson-Faksa-Comeau*

Not opposed to a Comeau return, on a cheap deal. Either way would have heaps of 4th line rw options.

Has the makings of a very strong forward group

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Gurianov is not Nichuskin. Not even close . Is he Barzal or Connor ? No . He's still a top 6 winger with a great shot . Sometimes he goes on long cold streak but this was just his second year . He's about a year younger than Hintz and he's still somewhat cheap. The f*** would you want to trade him ? Not to mention Gurianov and Nichuskin are very different not just in playstyle. Val went whining to the Russian media outlets about how he wasn't happy and didn't like Ruff when things didn't go well for him here and then back to Russia.
You’re right he’s definitely better than Nichushkin, was a horrible way to word it on my end. Was meaning how Guri would probably look better on another team. He’d get more top-6 mins and more points, at least compared to this season.

He had a hot start to the season but then played a lot with guys like Gardner, Caamano and Kero with really no Seguin or Radulov, Hintz missing games and Kivi out for a bit. It wasn’t until he was put on Benns wing he looked like Guri. I guess that should’ve happened sooner.

We do need to keep him and our other kids though. I’d hate to see what he would do on a more offensive minded team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig