2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hey - Sens fan here. Do you think there is any possibility that Dallas will consider dealing Pavelski? With $41mil committed to 8 guys in 2022-2023 and Klingberg, Heiskanen, Robertson, Gurianov and Oleksiak all in need of new deals (+ 7-9 other roster spots to fill)... not saying you will be hard-pressed to fit them, but it's hard to see you guys re-signing Pavelski and having much room to play with to improve the roster otherwise.

I don't really know what the consensus is in Dallas... I can see an argument for pushing all the chips in next year, before some tough decisions will need to be made, but I can also see the merit in doing a bit of retooling. Is Dallas a true contender next year? Maybe. But, at the same time, with the young core there is a ton of reason for optimism down the road and a small step back today might help you guys take a step forward down the road.

That said, I am just wondering what you guys all think and, if you think Dallas would consider dealing Pavelski, what you think they would target in return.

I suspect this is exactly what will happen, btw.

No because it's just one year left on Pavelskis deal and Heiskanen will sign a bridge anyway . His camp indicated as much . After next season Radulov and Pavelski expire that will give the team plenty of flexibility. Not to mention Pavelski has been way too good this year to just move him. THere's easily enough capspace for Oleksiak ( if he wants to return ) and Heiskanen next season.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Hypothetically we lose Oleksiak to either seattle or even FA.

Who out there would be a good top 4 replacement out there?
There's certainly lots of FA players who could be available.

I think any one of these players could come in and Heiskanen could play well with.

FA players: Tyson Barrie, Dougie Hamilton, Mike Reilly, Ryan Murray, Jake McCabe, Travis Hamonic, David Savard, Alec Martinez, Alex Edler, Brandon Montour

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
There's certainly lots of FA players who could be available.

I think any one of these players could come in and Heiskanen could play well with.

FA players: Tyson Barrie, Dougie Hamilton, Mike Reilly, Ryan Murray, Jake McCabe, Travis Hamonic, David Savard, Alec Martinez, Alex Edler, Brandon Montour

Hamonic, Savard, and Montour all nice options for the Right Side

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Savard would fit good I believe with Heiskanen. Has played in a similar defense first system. Would be nice for a season (possibly two) until Harley is in full time.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
What would Martinez price tag be? If we lost Oleksiak i think he be a perfect play for ~2seasons till Harley is top 4 D pair ready...

Always liked his two way game. Defends well and has good offensive prescence. 9 goals and 32 pts this year.

33 so might not get a huge pay day as a FA (carried a $4 mill aav contract)

Could he play opposite Heiskanen? Or are they same side?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
What would Martinez price tag be? If we lost Oleksiak i think he be a perfect play for ~2seasons till Harley is top 4 D pair ready...

Always liked his two way game. Defends well and has good offensive prescence. 9 goals and 32 pts this year.

33 so might not get a huge pay day as a FA (carried a $4 mill aav contract)

Could he play opposite Heiskanen? Or are they same side?
Heiskanen can play both sides .

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Heiskanen makes it so damn flexible, you can bring in pretty much anyone and he'll make it work as a pairing, just gotta find the right player that will help bring the best out of Heiskanen.

Main thing is they can be that 20 minute guy so the Stars can maintain their dominant top 4 on D, and also need some improvements on the PK.

Oleksiak averaged 20:28 per game. Around there:

Hamilton 22:43 - would be a huge talent, but would have to shed salary to sign him, and would mean no Klingberg re-signing
Martinez 22:33 - would help the PK, plays a ton. Could be a the perfect fit.
Edler 20:48 - played a ton on the PK for van, but their PK was just as middling as Dallas. There has been interest in the past
Forbort 20:44 - don't know too much about Forbort, never really been a huge fan, but fits the criteria of PK + 20 mins.
Montour 20:29 - not sure he would help out the PK as much, but I just think he would be a real nice fit for skating, passing, forward thinking play.
Savard 19:50 - not quite at the 20 min mark, but might be due to the depth from being behind Werenski/Jones and now the stacked TB d group.

Savard, Montour, and Hamilton are right shots which would be nice to add.

Reactions: Bfantz

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Heiskanen makes it so damn flexible, you can bring in pretty much anyone and he'll make it work as a pairing, just gotta find the right player that will help bring the best out of Heiskanen.

Main thing is they can be that 20 minute guy so the Stars can maintain their dominant top 4 on D, and also need some improvements on the PK.

Oleksiak averaged 20:28 per game. Around there:

Hamilton 22:43 - would be a huge talent, but would have to shed salary to sign him, and would mean no Klingberg re-signing
Martinez 22:33 - would help the PK, plays a ton. Could be a the perfect fit.
Edler 20:48 - played a ton on the PK for van, but their PK was just as middling as Dallas. There has been interest in the past
Forbort 20:44 - don't know too much about Forbort, never really been a huge fan, but fits the criteria of PK + 20 mins.
Montour 20:29 - not sure he would help out the PK as much, but I just think he would be a real nice fit for skating, passing, forward thinking play.
Savard 19:50 - not quite at the 20 min mark, but might be due to the depth from being behind Werenski/Jones and now the stacked TB d group.

Savard, Montour, and Hamilton are right shots which would be nice to add.

Martinez is the dream, but I’m alright with bringing Oleksiak back

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
My guess on Miro is 5.000/3. Hasn’t done enough to request more than McAvoy, Werenski, or Sergachev at this point and the cap hasn’t raised since those guys signed

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
My guess on Miro is 5.000/3. Hasn’t done enough to request more than McAvoy, Werenski, or Sergachev at this point and the cap hasn’t raised since those guys signed

Had a pretty elite playoffs last year. His contract will probably be based on the other rfa dmen signing this off season like makar and dahlin.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I wonder how much value Lindell has. If he was traded to say Detroit as they have room to protect him, or to Buffalo to play next to Dahlin for scoring help, then the Stars can re-sign and protect Oleksiak

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I noticed that Darren Helm is a UFA this summer.......... can't wait for Jim to sign him.

Ken Holland is gonna take him. Nill hasn't signed too many former Detroit guys . Eaves and Hudler a couple of years back are the only two i remember.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Ken Holland is gonna take him. Nill hasn't signed too many former Detroit guys . Eaves and Hudler a couple of years back are the only two i remember.

Oh gawd, did Hudler play here?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He wasn't good on in the AHL last year. I don't see how he gets qualified again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad