2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I'd say Harley unless I'm forgetting someone from 2019. Could make the argument for Oettinger? There were a few really good prospects available in that spot.

Edit: And Bourque, forgot about him lol
Yeah once it gets past the top 15 or so the BPA is pretty subjective, so its hard to say

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Pretty sure honka was picked right around where he was ranked aswell .
Depends on which rankings you went off i guess.
Most had Honka at 20 or lower.

Mckenzie for instance had larkin at 12, honka at 20,
Button is the only 1 i recall having Honka higher than larkin, and he still had Honka at 18.
Iss had honka at 40 but pretty much everyone else had him in the 20s.

Same with tufte, though he was taken about where he was ranked, some lists had him above guys like howden and Thompson, some had him below them. Mckenzie had him in the low 20s (20 or 21 iirc)
I wouldn't consider him the bpa at the time, but he was in the mix according to most, though I'm 100% sure it was because of him being 6'6. Which artificially inflated his ranking. His HS numbers were great but his ushl numbers were pretty poor, which is usually indicative of someone who can use his size advantage against lower quality competition and lacks talent... but you know, can't teach size

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Absolutely no contract thats even a little bit bigger on waivers will be picked up. Nobody has Capspace and the players on waivers aren't exactly great either. Otherwise they wouldn't be on waivers.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think there's a decent chance the Canucks season is over . Situation is reportly much more serious than what any of the other teams had been dealing with including players getting IV's . Brazilian variant supposedly involved which is just bad news all around

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My ideal forward group for next season:

X = Free agent top 6 forward hopefully

Robertson - Seguin - Radulov
X - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Dellandrea - Gurianov
Kiviranta - Faksa - Dickinson/whoever

So, who could we realistically get to play that top 6 LW or even RW spot and push Hintz and Pavelski over? Or do we have a rookie step in like Damiani and try that out?

I don't think it has hit me yet how impactful the emergence of Robertson, and even Hintz, will/can be. With everyone healthy we could legitimately be a decent offensive team

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
My ideal forward group for next season:

X = Free agent top 6 forward hopefully

Robertson - Seguin - Radulov
X - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Dellandrea - Gurianov
Kiviranta - Faksa - Dickinson/whoever

So, who could we realistically get to play that top 6 LW or even RW spot and push Hintz and Pavelski over? Or do we have a rookie step in like Damiani and try that out?

I don't think it has hit me yet how impactful the emergence of Robertson, and even Hintz, will/can be. With everyone healthy we could legitimately be a decent offensive team

i know the preferred positions are why they are but why would you break up Jrob and Hintz after they have formed such a good chemistry?

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
i know the preferred positions are why they are but why would you break up Jrob and Hintz after they have formed such a good chemistry?

I just wanna see JRob with Seguin, but you can swap anyone in the top 6 and Id still be fine with it, as long as only those guys are in the top 6

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I just wanna see JRob with Seguin, but you can swap anyone in the top 6 and Id still be fine with it, as long as only those guys are in the top 6
Alex iafallo is probably a relatively realistic target to play 2nd line lw. Can even play center when hintz inevitable gets injured

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You've been pumping Iafallo's tires in a few threads.

I gotta admit: The first time you pumped him I had to look up who he was. :oops:
I think I've mentioned him twice.
But ufa, 27, solid numbers on a horrible la team, can play in all situations.
He'd be an ideal utility player in the vein of coleman. Do everything well, not really exceptional though.

Basically what everyone hoped dickinson would be, just you know better

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Alex iafallo is probably a relatively realistic target to play 2nd line lw. Can even play center when hintz inevitable gets injured

I wouldn’t mind Iafallo if we managed to dump some of the plugs off the roster.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I understood why Dallas didn't keep him and I wasn't really interested either, but it's pretty funny he has more goals than Benn and Guri.
Tbh I don’t though I didn’t really think much of it. Why do you think that is?

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Yeah makes sense. I would like to have seen him back and he obviously isn’t as productive in the stars system but not the end of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad