GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft & Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So the Avs shouldn’t sign Mackinnon, Rantanen, or Makar to their next contracts?
This is an incredible bad take. Comparing 92 to 29, 8 and 96 is a terrible comparison.

Your talking a 2nd line winger (this what he is, he just happens to get the lucky opportunity to play with two all world guys who improve his stats), who happens to wear the C, vs. a 3 time Hart finalist, a 22 year old Norris finalist, and a consistent well over 1 pts per game winger.

This notion that 92 is at or near the same level as 29, 8 and 96 needs to stop. And really couldn't be further from the truth. 92 is not a franchise player, he needs to take something that works for the team as well. I'd he is looking to cash him, fine good for him, he can do it in Seattle.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is an incredible bad take. Comparing 92 to 29, 8 and 96 is a terrible comparison.

Your talking a 2nd line winger (this what he is, he just happens to get the lucky opportunity to play with two all world guys who improve his stats), who happens to wear the C, vs. a 3 time Hart finalist, a 22 year old Norris finalist, and a consistent well over 1 pts per game winger.

This notion that 92 is at or near the same level as 29, 8 and 96 needs to stop. And really couldn't be further from the truth. 92 is not a franchise player, he needs to take something that works for the team as well. I'd he is looking to cash him, fine good for him, he can do it in Seattle.
Oh my lord. I said above I was proving a point.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I know Sakic is giving EJ another chance...he's displaying a lot of loyalty to the guy. Which makes absolutely zero sense, given how he's playing hardball with the Avs' captain, Landeskog, who has been every bit as loyal to the club as EJ. If Sakic had to make business decisions with someone this offseason, the guy to do it with was the guy who doesn't contribute much to the team....EJ. It's an idiotic decision.
Which leads me to believe they don't expect EJ to actually take up that cap space.

Any other team would hint at that, but if you asked the Avs the time of day they'd tell you "no comment".

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Mackinnons game will age way worse than Landys imo.

Have to agree here. Mac's biggest advantage is his first step, which has to be one of the fastest in the league. Since Juniors, we has been able to outskate the competition. I am not sayng his other talents are not all-world; I am merely saying that he could look mortal when he loses that fast first step.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Didn't Joe say they expect him healthy?
spock-skeptical.gif

Reactions: niwotsblessing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events