Speculation: 2021 NHL Draft thread

What Panthers should do their 2021 1st round draft pick?

• Draft best Center available ( no matter what role )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I didn't found Panthers 2021 NHL draft thread so i made this.
Panthers got eliminated 1st playoff round which means that
2021 1st round draft pick probably is somewhere TOP25 / TOP30 range.

Here's some prospects who might be available for Panthers 1st round pick.
C Francesco Pinelli
Francesco Pinelli - 2021 NHL Draft Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
Every Goal | Francesco Pinelli (2019-20) - YouTube
2021 NHL Draft | Francesco Pinelli (#71) Shift by Shift vs HK Olimpija, March 3, 2021 - YouTube

C Brett Harrison
Brett Harrison - Elite Prospects
Brett Harrison - 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
2021 NHL Draft | Brett Harrison (#29) Shift by Shift vs. FPS, February 12, 2021 - YouTube

D Daniil Chayka
Daniil Chayka - Elite Prospects
2021 NHL Draft | Daniil Chayka (#73) Shift by Shift vs. HC Dynamo St. Petersburg, February 15, 2021 - YouTube
The Best Of Daniil Chayka | Top Prospect For The NHL 2021 Draft | Hockey Highlights | HD - YouTube
Scouting Report: Daniil Chayka - Smaht Scouting

RW Nikita Chibrikov
Nikita Chibrikov - Elite Prospects
Scouting Report: Nikita Chibrikov - Smaht Scouting
2021 NHL Draft #18: Nikita Chibrikov Scouting Report (lastwordonsports.com)
2021 NHL Draft | Nikita Chibrikov (#91) Shift by Shift vs Loko Yaroslavl, March 22, 2021 - YouTube

LW / RW Oskar Olausson
Oskar Olausson - Elite Prospects
Oskar Olausson- 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
2021 NHL Draft | Oskar Olausson (#20) Shift by Shift vs. Tingsryd AIF, February 3, 2021 - YouTube
2021 NHL Draft | Oskar Olausson All 2020/21 Goals - YouTube

RW Simon Robertsson
Simon Robertsson - Elite Prospects
Scouting Report: Simon Robertsson - Smaht Scouting
Simon Robertsson - 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
Simon Robertsson: The Best Thing from Piteå since Pitepalt - YouTube
2021 NHL Draft | Simon Robertsson (#26) Shift by Shift vs. Mora U20, November 1, 2020 - YouTube

RW Samu Tuomaala
Samu Tuomaala - Elite Prospects
Samu Tuomaala | FinnProspects.com
Samu Tuomaala - 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
2021 NHL Draft | Samu Tuomaala (#27) Shift by Shift vs. SaiPa U20 March 28, 2021 - YouTube
Samu Tuomaala 2021 NHL Entry Draft U18 Tournament Highlights - YouTube

C / LW Samu Salminen
Samu Salminen - Elite Prospects
Samu Salminen – Finnish Junior Hockey
2021 NHL Draft | Samu Salminen (#18) Shift by Shift vs. Finland White U18, February 4, 2021 - YouTube

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
I would LOVE to get a player like Chayka in this draft, I think we need another potentially elite blue liner then we are set for a long time on defense

If not, I'd like us to trade the pick for a DFD or a goal scorer

Reactions: BabyBennettov

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
With Seattle in the draft, there is now 32 selections per round.
Might be 28th, depending on who wins the Stanley Cup.

Don't quote me on those overall picks. They are going to be close though.
That’s so lame we’re out first round and other teams who make it farther will still pick before us....

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Them's the rules I guess.
I think it's only first round, but the team that wins the Stanley Cup automatically get the last pick of the first round, so #32 overall.
Yeah oh well. Good thing is this draft is going to be all over the place so maybe later picks don’t matter too much.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Best player available. Contrary to most people, I think this draft has a lot of talent. I'd like us to take the best talent that falls to us, whoever they deem that to be. Pinelli would be my first choice in the late 20's, I've seen him all over the rankings. His hands+hockey sense is special, and his elite skating is just gravy on top of that. I've also really liked Brennan Othmann more than most, another winger with great hands and a decent all around player. He just looks like an nhl player whenever I've watched him. Also high on Matthew Coronato, 49g in 51 gp, absolutely phenomenal. Not big and nothing about his game jumps out at you, but he just knows how to score goals. I dont know how he isn't higher in rankings. Logan Stankoven has also been a fav of mine, 5'8" 170 but he's ultra talented, and he's not afraid of traffic. I think he's gonna succeed. I like a couple of the Swedish forwards but not super high on them.

For D, I like Chayka, Ceulemans, Nause, and Morrow in our range. Hoping Svozil is still there, but if there are any smart gm's out there, he won't be.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I know very little about this draft so far but we've got to hang on to the pick and draft BPA. Even if we don't pick up a superstar, every first round pick we trade away ends up increasing our odds of having to sign an expensive UFA 5 or so years in the future to fill that roster spot.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I know very little about this draft so far but we've got to hang on to the pick and draft BPA. Even if we don't pick up a superstar, every first round pick we trade away ends up increasing our odds of having to sign an expensive UFA 5 or so years in the future to fill that roster spot.

Yup, it's all about good cheap talent with Barky and Huby's new deals on the horizon. I think we should go for it and trade our 1st at the deadline either next year or in 2023, but in general we should continue to stockpile young talent.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Best player available. Contrary to most people, I think this draft has a lot of talent. I'd like us to take the best talent that falls to us, whoever they deem that to be. Pinelli would be my first choice in the late 20's, I've seen him all over the rankings. His hands+hockey sense is special, and his elite skating is just gravy on top of that. I've also really liked Brennan Othmann more than most, another winger with great hands and a decent all around player. He just looks like an nhl player whenever I've watched him. Also high on Matthew Coronato, 49g in 51 gp, absolutely phenomenal. Not big and nothing about his game jumps out at you, but he just knows how to score goals. I dont know how he isn't higher in rankings. Logan Stankoven has also been a fav of mine, 5'8" 170 but he's ultra talented, and he's not afraid of traffic. I think he's gonna succeed. I like a couple of the Swedish forwards but not super high on them.

For D, I like Chayka, Ceulemans, Nause, and Morrow in our range. Hoping Svozil is still there, but if there are any smart gm's out there, he won't be.
I really think every year is full of talented kids. Kids these days are getting more talented.

That's the reason why I thought the team should've traded Judge for a 2nd and 3rd. I thought that would be the asking price, and someone who's only going to play a handful of Games should've been moved at the deadline.

Never wrong with hindsight though.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I really think every year is full of talented kids. Kids these days are getting more talented.

That's the reason why I thought the team should've traded Judge for a 2nd and 3rd. I thought that would be the asking price, and someone who's only going to play a handful of Games should've been moved at the deadline.

I think if they realized Spencer was going to do this, they would have.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I agree, draft classes as a whole are just more talented than what I remember from even 10-12 years ago. But a lot of people are saying this is a weak class, I don't agree. It is underscouted, but I think this year is gonna separate the good drafting teams from the bad ones. We'll see what Churla is made of.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Pick 29 would be going by regular season points. We lost in first round, so aren’t we pick 24, as having the best record among the first eight teams eliminated from playoffs?

Would you trade this pick to move Yandle?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Pick 29 would be going by regular season points. We lost in first round, so aren’t we pick 24, as having the best record among the first eight teams eliminated from playoffs?

Would you trade this pick to move Yandle?

Usually the last pick in the round is the sc champ, then the sc finalist, then the conference finalists, then the regular season division winners. So I don't think we'll pick 29th but I don't think we'll pick 24th either.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Usually the last pick in the round is the sc champ, then the sc finalist, then the conference finalists, then the regular season division winners. So I don't think we'll pick 29th but I don't think we'll pick 24th either.
I thought it was the lottery teams, then first eight eliminated using regular season pts, then the next four, and so on until the champ with last pick.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No surprise, and you didn’t need an article to tell you, but the Panthers have sucked at drafting

(note: paywall)

Which NHL teams have drafted the best and worst since 2005?
Anytime the athletic tries to mention the Florida Panthers about anything, they make themselves look bad.
They barely had any notable picks for Florida outside of the first round. Daddy and Zach Hyman, that's it.
There is this one guy, Mackenzie Weegar, who was a 7th round pick in 2013. He might be worth looking into.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
"Playoff teams that did not win their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks" (after the teams in the draft lottery)

Carolina, Colorado, Toronto and Pittsburgh won the divisions meaning their picks are after Florida's pick.

And Vegas finished with more points than Florida in the regular season, so that's another team that is for sure after Florida even if they lose in the second round.

Toronto and Pittsburgh losing in the first round means there's at least two *new* teams that will make the conference finals who didn't win their division. 7 teams picking now after Florida.

If Tampa beats Carolina in the second round then Florida would move another spot ahead because that would make Tampa a conference finalist. Rest of the results in the second round around the league don't matter.

And Arizona's first round picks is forfeited, that's another spot gained.

My understanding is Florida will be selecting 24th or 25th, if Tampa beats Carolina it's 24th and Carolina wins it's 25th.

This is just my speculation of course, I'm waiting for official confirmation.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
"Playoff teams that did not win their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks" (after the teams in the draft lottery)

Carolina, Colorado, Toronto and Pittsburgh won the divisions meaning their picks are after Florida's pick.

And Vegas finished with more points than Florida in the regular season, so that's another team that is for sure after Florida even if they lose in the second round.

Toronto and Pittsburgh losing in the first round means there's at least two *new* teams that will make the conference finals who didn't win their division. 7 teams picking now after Florida.

If Tampa beats Carolina in the second round then Florida would move another spot ahead because that would make Tampa a conference finalist. Rest of the results in the second round around the league don't matter.

And Arizona's first round picks is forfeited, that's another spot gained.

My understanding is Florida will be selecting 24th or 25th, if Tampa beats Carolina it's 24th and Carolina wins it's 25th.

This is just my speculation of course, I'm waiting for official confirmation.

Yeah I think this is most likely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad