Draft 2021 NHL Draft and FA thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm not getting excited about the draft because I doubt we're picking 15.. Now if we traded Strome and or Buch for another 1, then I'll get a bit more into it about who we could get in the first round.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
best name of the draft.
Whenever I hear and interview with a Canadian sports reporter on this upcoming amateur draft they always say Chaz Lucius’s name and then they say “best name in the draft”. Tried looking it up and came up empty.
Any Canadians here want to share? Is Chaz a slang?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Whenever I hear and interview with a Canadian sports reporter on this upcoming amateur draft they always say Chaz Lucius’s name and then they say “best name in the draft”. Tried looking it up and came up empty.
Any Canadians here want to share? Is Chaz a slang?

His brother is called Cruz Lucius. I think his parents are just a fan of those kind of names.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Zero % chance we are taking a goalie in the 1st round. Sorry boys but Drury didn't get the job to draft a player that will take 4-6 years to get to the NHL. He was brought in to make the team better ASAP. We'll get someone who is ready in 2 years.

I’m sorry but Wallstedt shouldn’t need 4 to 6 years to make the NHL. If you were tracking him you would know that. He plays on Nils Lundkvist’s Lulea team and made that team as a 17 year old. He’s 6-3 214 lbs. By season’s end he’d played half Lulea’s games. Lulea is an SHL team. It’s not a CHL team or an NCAA team. The SHL is a good level above all that. Wallstedt could probably play in the AHL as soon as next year if his drafting team wanted him to and do okay.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I agree that if those top11 guys on Bob's list are gone, and Wallstedt slips to us, I wouldn't want to pass up on him.

Ideally though, we could work a trade with somebody willing to overpay to get their hands on him. Like Minnesota.

15 + 64
for
21 + 24

Or something like that.

If the board breaks close to Bob's, I'd be fine with Pinelli at 21 and one of Chibrikov/L'Hereaux/Boucher (assuming injuries aren't an issue) at 24

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lol he basically just said "yes, we're trading it."

Gotta find the right deal.

A pick at 15 has decent value, so we have to get something good in return. I say that because even for me, it’s easy to take that for granted when we’ve spent the last few years talking about first and second picks, or 6th overall picks, etc.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I'm not getting excited about the draft because I doubt we're picking 15.. Now if we traded Strome and or Buch for another 1, then I'll get a bit more into it about who we could get in the first round.
. Personally I think the Rangers are trying to acquire another first. I don’t think they want to wait til Round 3 to start their draft

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
2021 BOLD PREDICTIONS

Welcome back to this nonsense, right? lolol

This year hopefully saw the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to covid and we can finally get back to normal come September. We, unfortunately, have one more virtual format of the draft, but this week will be insane regarding Expansion, Draft, and Free Agency all in a short time frame. But nevertheless, here are some bold predictions that I think could happen in the following weeks...

... but first... a crack at Seattle's picks...

Expansion Draft
ANA: C: Derek Grant
ARI: RW: Christian Fischer
BOS: D: Jeremy Lauzon
BUF: C: Zemgus Girgensons
CAL: D: Mark Giordano
CAR: D: Jake Bean (RFA rights)
CHI: D: Nikita Zadorov (RFA rights w/ arbitration)
COL: RW: J.T. Compher
CBJ: C: Max Domi
DAL: LW: Blake Comeau
DET: D: Troy Stecher
EDM: C: Jujhar Khaira (RFA rights w/ arbitration)
FLA: RW: Frank Vatrano
LAK: D: Kurtis MacDermid
MIN: G: Kaapo Kahkonen
MON: C: Phillip Danault (UFA rights)
NAS: RW: Colton Sissons
NJD: RW: Nathan Bastian
NYI: RW: Josh Bailey
NYR: C: Colin Blackwell
OTT: C: Chris Tierney
PHI: D: Robert Hagg
PIT: RW: Brandon Tanev
SJS: D: Radim Simek
STL: RW: Vladimir Tarasenko
TBL: C: Mathieu Joseph
TOR: D: Travis Dermott
VAN: G: Brayden Holtby
WAS: G: Vitek Vanecek
WIN: RW: Mason Appleton

Without further ado...

Trade/Signing Rumors
1. Tuukka Rask WILL retire.
2. Gabriel Landeskog WILL re-sign in Colorado long-term.
3. Oliver Ekman-Larsson WILL be traded to a team out east.
4. Tampa Bay WILL unload Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, AND Ondrej Palat in separate trades. They WILL keep Yanni Gourde.
5. Alex Ovechkin WILL NOT be signed by anyone other than the Capitals.
6. Evgeni Malkin WILL get traded to a team that has cap space.
7. Vegas WILL trade Robin Lehner and WILL NOT trade Fleury.
8. Zach Parise and Ryan Suter WILL sign with the same team.
9. Matthew Tkachuk WILL be traded to a team out east and it WILL NOT be the Rangers.
10. Seattle WILL select Phillip Danault in expansion and sign him before he hits Free Agency.

Draft
1. Luke Hughes goes in the top 5.
2. Jesper Wallstedt goes in the top 10.
3. Carson Lambos goes in the top 15.
4. Zach L'Heureux goes in the top 20.
5. The biggest risers in the 1st round will be Fedor Svechkov and Francesco Pinelli.
6. The biggest fallers in the 1st round will be Matthew Coronato and Fabian Lysell.
7. More goalies will go in the 1st round than we originally anticipated.
8. Chaz Lucius WILL NOT drop out of the top 10, but Kent Johnson WILL.
9. Shai Buium, Oskar Olausson, Prokhor Poltapov, and Jack Peart will be 1st round picks on Friday.
10. Aatu Raty, Daniil Chayka, Corson Cuelemans, and Xavier Bourgault will fall out of the 1st round.

With the 15th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft... The New York Rangers select...

Fedor Svechkov

Quote this post with your thoughts!! Although I said multiple times that they'll trade this pick, the bold thing to do is select Svechkov with it.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Zero % chance we are taking a goalie in the 1st round. Sorry boys but Drury didn't get the job to draft a player that will take 4-6 years to get to the NHL. He was brought in to make the team better ASAP. We'll get someone who is ready in 2 years.

Wallstedt might get here in 2 seasons. He's not going to be a long-term project pick. The kid could compete in the NHL now.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don't think we've chatted about this. I tend to keep out of the fray when things are off the rail as they are in most topics lol. That and I tend to stay interacting with only certain posters who I find worth the time. I don't have the time and energy to engage in online debates as I did years ago. Plus, I don't condemn analytics but they're also not be all end all and that seems to be the crux of many conversations here. I'm out here tossing likes though. But I digress....

Completely agree on Wallstedt and Shesty, part of me is hoping he's there at 15 for sure. I'm thinking Knight and his little show this year is going to inspire some team in the top 10 or soon after to nab him though. If I'm a GM and I see a fall off at 8 and I don't have a concrete solution in net 4 years from then, I'm jumping on him.

As far as keeping/moving the pick I'm not so there with ya. I wouldn't hate it to be moved for a center I suppose, but I just don't think the right deal is there for them, or will be before they're on the clock. It feels like to me there's more foreplay that has to happen in whatever deal, or the right guy isn't even available right now, and I'm a firm believer in perfect is the enemy of great.

I can see Dvorak a bit as he's so cost controlled, he can be a 3C if Chytil passes him. Conversely, if we go looking for a new 2C in 2 years because he doesn't work out, he shouldn't really hinder that process. I can see Larkin, I'm not scared of trading with the Great and Might Y. He won't get fleeced though, and there's some definite risk/reward involved with Larkin. I think he blossoms here point wise but am I willing to give up either one of Nils or Krav who I think are pretty sure things (just my opinion).

Feels like a big trade to fill 1C might be forcing more than a smaller trade to move up to get a guy from this draft at C. I also don't think that small trade up prohibits them from going after a 1C if they really want long term. The dream is to nab Lundell from Florida IMO though.

Agreed completely. Great post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad