NFL: The 2021 NFL Season: News, Notes, and Other Stupid Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Austin has a looooooooot more money than San Antonio. San Antonio is huge and growing like crazy, but Austin is a better landing spot long term when it comes to selling sponsorships and suites.
Plus if you want to live your life around Musk and Rogan (like a buddy of mine), Austin is the place!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jerry Jones will never, ever, never, not once nuh-uh, no f***ing CHANCE allow a team to move to Austin

They could see this as their chance to get to London. Not that I advocate for taking a team from Buffalo, or going to London, but they wouldn't have to realign, it would be pretty smooth for lack of a better term.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I know you can't compare college to the pros, but I was watching Trey Lance highlights yesterday and I was impressed by the guy's breakaway speed. He also has a pretty good arm and can get the ball away quick. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Preseason games. The 49ers are still Jimmy's team and I do not want to see Lance rushed, but my first impression of him so far is pretty good, and he's a hard worker and trying to set a nice first impression with the team and the coaches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lance will get the job by October and that's being modest

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Jameis definitely gonna be the week 1 starter. Not that I doubted that.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Taysom Hill can't throw the football and everyone except for Sean Payton knows this.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shocking thing I learned today: Randy Gregory is the fourth longest tenured Cowboy. He was drafted in 2015, has started one game, and has played in 38 of a possible 96 games due to failed dozens of drug tests.

Reactions: Club

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Taysom Hill can't throw the football and everyone except for Sean Payton knows this.
He can definitely throw a football, whether he can play quarterback….

I think he’s perfectly capable of being a backup who can play a handful of games if you can scheme for him. What he did last year was perfectly fine.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Saints are in a weird spot because it remains to be seen whether or not they have a QB and even if one emerges, their receivers are pretty bad without Thomas.

Speaking of, there was some smoke about a trade last year and it seems like it's a matter of when and not if they go their separate ways:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints are in a weird spot because it remains to be seen whether or not they have a QB and even if one emerges, their receivers are pretty bad without Thomas.

Speaking of, there was some smoke about a trade last year and it seems like it's a matter of when and not if they go their separate ways:

Seemed apparent going back to his last contract negotiations, and they really weren’t that happy with him last year and how he was dealing with injuries and whatnot.

I’m under no false illusions as to what the Saints probably are this year. They have and are under a renovation and you can’t do that and be a contender at the same time unless Tom Brady walks through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad