NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Seattle Seahawks vs (6) Los Angeles Rams - LAR wins 30-20

SEA vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So the Packers will get THIS Rams team which is a defense without an offense or a Bears team that has had a Sisyphean track record vs Rodgers

I’d like to congratulate Green Bay on their free win

Reactions: trellaine201

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So the Packers will get THIS Rams team which is a defense without an offense or a Bears team that has had a Sisyphean track record vs Rodgers

I’d like to congratulate Green Bay on their free win
Yeah because Green Bay is such a juggernaut in the playoffs. What decade is it again?

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Yeah because Green Bay is such a juggernaut in the playoffs. What decade is it again?
It’s the year 2021 and the Packers earned the top seed in the National Football Conference. I don’t think it’s that ridiculous of a comment.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Was watching this game more casually

Just saw Wilson’s stat line
Now that is a garbage stat line

Rams were all over him, they played a terrific game especially the defensive front, even when Donald got hurt they gave Wilson no time at all. Seahawks were bad but it was the Rams forcing them to be bad and taking advantage, not really unforced errors. I would not count that defence out against anybody, they are really good.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hasn't Josh Allan made a somewhat strong case to be nominated for MVP? He won't get it (Mahomes or Rodgers will) but Allan's had a hell of a year.
Rodgers is first you could easily say Allen has done better than Mahomes this year due to him sitting a game.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It’s the year 2021 and the Packers earned the top seed in the National Football Conference. I don’t think it’s that ridiculous of a comment.
The fact is the Packers haven't played for a Super Bowl for over a decade. This year's team is very good, yes but Green Bay has had just as good if not better teams over the last decade and it has guaranteed them nothing. And it's a ridiculous comment because @ChrisK97 the king of hot takes will be the first to call them a choker if they lose next weekend.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
The fact is the Packers haven't played for a Super Bowl for over a decade. This year's team is very good, yes but Green Bay has had just as good if not better teams over the last decade and it has guaranteed them nothing. And it's a ridiculous comment because @ChrisK97 the king of hot takes will be the first to call him a choker if he loses next weekend.
I don’t find the past relevant to the matchup on hand. Like does Green Bay need to worry about a dominant air attack because the Rams used to field Holt, Bruce, Proehl, and Az-Akim?

I won’t comment on the other part haha

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rams were all over him, they played a terrific game especially the defensive front, even when Donald got hurt they gave Wilson no time at all. Seahawks were bad but it was the Rams forcing them to be bad and taking advantage, not really unforced errors. I would not count that defence out against anybody, they are really good.
Game went the way I expected for the Rams to win.

Run the ball. They needed their DLine to dominate the Seattle OL which is something that they have done many times, all the way back to their time in STL under Fisher. No matter who is on the OL or coaching Seattle, they can't handle the Rams DL. And get a turnover or two.

Seattle would be in tough to move the ball and put up a lot of points.

Seattle knew that the Rams with Wolford or an injured Goff would also be pressed to put up points. They could not afford to give up a defensive score like AZ did last week. But, on that screen pass they did. Rams knew that play was coming as Seattle wanted to get the to Metcalf. Same applies to any team with a top end WR. Great play by their corner to blow past the rookie WR to get in front of Metcalf. That's a play the WR has to make to help his QB and fellow WR. That CB is his responsibility.

After that, Seattle and their short yardage execution was again ineffective. Coming up short late in the first half and punting to not be able to cut into the lead with even a FG was big. As was the 4th and short when Lewis was hurt. That is unforgiveable by Wilson and Carroll to not get the play call in and ready to go before Lewis is even off the field.

Seattle had 2 turnovers. Pick 6 and the fumble on the Punt. Both lead to Rams TD. Lose the turnover battle and that is what is going to happen.

Rams were able to hit on a couple of big chunk plays with the Kupp catch over Adams and the Akers catch and run setting up scores for 10 points.

Seattle, honestly, needs a 3rd receiving option. Either a TE or WR would help, but no 1st or 3rd in this draft.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Has to be a disappointment for Seattle. Their offense just completely fell apart somehow halfway through the season.
RB got hurt, but as a Defence, you focus on doubling Metcalf. And take your chances with Lockett. After these 2, there's not much else that is dynamic on Seattle in the pass game. Chris Simms when he breaks down Seattle says that they have very basic route combinations. Need better schemes to create easier opportunties.

Olsen, Hollister, Dissly are a solid group of TE, but nothing amazing. Dissly didn't look the same this year coming off a pair of season ending injuries. He looked promising early on. Parkinson was a rookie TE at 6'7. He may offer some red zone options next season. Feel that they could have used a Josh Gordon/AB who would have gotten one on one opportunities.

But, the Hawks OL doesn't match up against the Rams DL. They have their number, going back several years.

And Carroll and Schotty are very conservative both with play calls and going for it on 4th down. even when they had Lynch they struggled on short yardage.

I have no idea where Seattle is spending their money. Wilson, Brown, and Lockett are their big contracts on Offence. On D, Wagner, Wright, Reed are the big cap hit guys. Not sure that there is another 8 figure cap hit on the roster. yet, they are tight to the cap.

Have to pay Griffen at CB, Carson is a free agent. But, I think both sides should make it work. Don't think there is much appetite from NFL teams to pay RB. Reed is also a free agent. Think they have to let Wright walk since they drafted Brooks to basically be his replacement. No choice, but to do that.

Those misses at the draft 3-5 years ago are biting them now. 3 years ago it was Penny. They could have sat at their original pick which they dealt to GB who took Alexander the CB. Seattle ended up with Penny and Green the DE. 4 years ago they traded down multiple times at the draft and took McDowell who never played due to injuries from an ATV accident. Ramczek was the guy I wanted them to get. Don't think they kept any of the guys that they got from trading down. then they moved a 2nd to get Richardson to make up for McDowell getting hurt. So, that pick got compounded.

Team hasn't been the same since they made the Graham trade. Identity took a hit when they moved unger and a first for Graham and a 3rd/4th. Lost that physicality.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For Seattle, I do wonder if this will spark anything on their end to make some changes to their coaching staff. Quinn and Bradley (now that Lynn is out, is likely out as well), you have a pair of former Seattle DC could be available.

3 straight years of playoff after their miss at 9-7 season. But have gone 1-3 with their only win vs Philly after Wentz got knocked out with a concussion.

On Offence, will they bring in someone more creative that Schotty? Can still be a running team, but maybe be more creative with it like McVay/Shanahan are with theirs.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
After today, I will never compare Goff to Trubisky again.
Goff has proven superior. It was never that I thought Trubisky was that good, it was that I thought Goff was that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad