NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (4) Los Angeles Rams

TB vs LAR

• Total voters

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Would have liked to see Brady win another one but happy for Stafford. Dude deserves every minute of this after putting up with the Lions and never complaining in 12 years.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Don't think Brady is done. He loves the game, still reallly good.

But Bucs is in nowhere land right now. Aging DL, a lot of UFA from the starters. Not sure how they replace Suh, Gholston, JPP, Whitehead, Davis, Godwin, Cappa and Jensen, Lenny. Not to mention they could use another young LB because there's not much left in Lavonte.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Like, why???

We will probably never see a player like him again, if not for a really long time. May as well enjoy the ride and watch greatness while we can.

But Bucs is in nowhere land right now. Aging DL, a lot of UFA from the starters. Not sure how they replace Suh, Gholston, JPP, Whitehead, Davis, Godwin, Cappa and Jensen, Lenny. Not to mention they could use another young LB because there's not much left in Lavonte.

Pretty sure he'll give a heads up when its his last season the way Kobe did (except he did it a month into the season).

I don't think he's done either, I had people tell me he was finished after he lost to the Titans and that clearly wasn't true.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Bucs and Tom Brady know who exactly their trouble spots are: last two years including playoffs, they're 1-7 vs. Rams and Saints, 28-3 vs. everybody else. #28-3

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's an amazing player and always has been. Never understood the folks who rag on him.
Where you land matters at any position. But no more so than QB.

Josh Allen is amazing. But would he have developed as well in Seattle if the rumours of Wilson getting traded to Cleveland had occurred and the Hawks went ahead and drafted Allen? Allen under Schottenheimer’s offense the first 2 years in the nfl and with that shoddy OLine? Would have greatly depended on what Seattle did with the $25 mill of cap space from Wilson’s contract compared to Allen’s to get talent around him.

Just shows for QBs in bad organizations. Take charge of your future. If you’ve given them several years and it’s not working don’t stay.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Bucs still have room to maneuver the cap. They will bring back Godwin, Whitehead, Davis . Lenny and Jensen will be resigned if Brady comes back.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
That final throw by Stafford was incredible.

Guy in his face, off back foot, 50 yards in the air absolute DIME.

Just an insane throw in the biggest moment of his career, give the man some respect. He played a hell of a game.
It was a good throw , but the rusher was not "in his face". Overall he got lots of time to throw all game and he hit his open guys. He played well.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It was a good throw , but the rusher was not "in his face". Overall he got lots of time to throw all game and he hit his open guys. He played well.
I mean it was a 0 blitz and he got dropped maybe half a second after he threw it. He made the right read, quick released a ball 50 yards downfield on a dime with 2 guys coming in virtually untouched on him.

If that's not close enough to in your face for your definition then by all means go off. It was an incredible throw and he was clearly the best quarterback on the field taking down the GOAT.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean it was a 0 blitz and he got dropped maybe half a second after he threw it. He made the right read, quick released a ball 50 yards downfield on a dime with 2 guys coming in virtually untouched on him.

If that's not close enough to in your face for your definition then by all means go off. It was an incredible throw and he was clearly the best quarterback on the field taking down the GOAT.

Sorry to burst your bubble but when Stafford releases the ball on that last throw no Bucs are within 2 yards of him and he didn't throw off his back foot. ( PS I looked at the film ) In that throw, like virtually all others throughout the game , Stafford had lots of time with little or no pressure. On the contrary, Brady was under considerable more pressure , even with only 4 Rams rushing .

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Sorry to burst your bubble but when Stafford releases the ball on that last throw no Bucs are within 2 yards of him and he didn't throw off his back foot. ( PS I looked at the film ) In that throw, like virtually all others throughout the game , Stafford had lots of time with little or no pressure. On the contrary, Brady was under considerable more pressure , even with only 4 Rams rushing .
Yeah I watched the film too only I don't have homer eyes like someone here.

Brady was bad for most of the game. Stafford absolutely did not have lots of time to throw on a 0 blitz lol give me a break.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yeah I watched the film too only I don't have homer eyes like someone here.

Brady was bad for most of the game. Stafford absolutely did not have lots of time to throw on a 0 blitz lol give me a break.
Guys like you always get defensive when you are called out for embellishing points just to justify your over the top narrative. Did Stafford play well? Yes he did but was he only good not great considering the vast majority of plays he had lots of time to throw . The real stars of the game for the Rams were Von Miller, Aaron Donald and Ogie Okoronkwo who registered 22 QB pressures and 3 sacks between them. That was the most pressures the Bucs had allowed all year. See backing up your take with actual facts isn't that hard!

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Guys like you always get defensive when you are called out for embellishing points just to justify your over the top narrative. Did Stafford play well? Yes he did but was he only good not great considering the vast majority of plays he had lots of time to throw . The real stars of the game for the Rams were Von Miller, Aaron Donald and Ogie Okoronkwo who registered 22 QB pressures and 3 sacks between them. That was the most pressures the Bucs had allowed all year. See backing up your take with actual facts isn't that hard!
Did I say anything about the Rams defense?

Stafford significantly outplayed Brady. If Cam Akers, Kupp and the center don't have fumbleitis the Bucs don't even sniff a comeback. They couldn't stop the Rams at all.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

hahah what. the two bucks are fractions of a second away from leveling him as he releases.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
hahah what. the two bucks are fractions of a second away from leveling him as he releases.
2 yards away as he releases his throw is an eternity to an NFL QB.
As I said he played well and he made a good read on this play but let's stop making his effort out to be some spectacular play.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
2 yards away as he releases his throw is an eternity to an NFL QB.
As I said he played well and he made a good read on this play but let's stop making his effort out to be some spectacular play.

it was a great play, it was a game winning drive in the playoffs that routed a comeback from the GOAT facing two unblocked pass rushers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad