NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (4) Los Angeles Rams

TB vs LAR

• Total voters

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Big if, of course, but if the secondary is healthy + Lenny and Wirfs, I don't think Rams could beat us at Raymond.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Rams strengths are a great Dline and very good Oline. If they can 1) continually pressure Brady rushing 4 guys and 2) give Stafford time to throw , they will win easily.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rams strengths are a great Dline and very good Oline. If they can 1) continually pressure Brady rushing 4 guys and 2) give Stafford time to throw , they will win easily.
McVay needs to treat the duo of Michel and Ackers like Gurley and feed them. Don’t want to leave it all on Stafford’s shoulders. OBJ playing well with the loss of Woods which they absolutely needed.

Ramsey one on one with Evans will be a huge matchup. Double Gronk. Most likely defensive strategy.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
There's no team in this league that could win easily at Raymond and you know that. Well, expect Saints. We need healthy secondary, Wirfs and probably Lenny. That's it.

Winfield was nickel against Eagles, so I would love to see him against Kupp. That would be epic.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The Rams did last year. I'm a huge Brady fan but if he doesn't get time on Sunday they will get their asses handed to them.
The Rams won 27-24, far from easily. They have a good team, but Stafford will also deal with a great pass rush(assuming everyone is healthy), and Brady isn't the QB that's thrown 8 picks over the last 5 games. Rams can definitely win, but have to agree with the above poster that if they do, it won't be easily.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You remember what happened against Chiefs and then what we did in the SB?
Chiefs D line was and is nowhere near as strong as the Rams. And the Bucs D line took advantage of banged up Chiefs and Packers Olines last year. Both Ram lines are good and healthy so that's why how the Bucs handle them are the keys to Sunday's game. I'm just looking at this realistically.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Rams won 27-24, far from easily. They have a good team, but Stafford will also deal with a great pass rush(assuming everyone is healthy), and Brady isn't the QB that's thrown 8 picks over the last 5 games. Rams can definitely win, but have to agree with the above poster that if they do, it won't be easily.
Score was not indicative of the play. Rams gained over 400 yards to 260 for the Bucs. If Goff hadn't had a couple of brain fart interceptions the game would have been a double digit loss for the Bucs. Bottom line in the game was the Brady was pressured and Goff wasn't. And Stafford is a better QB than Goff so if you give him time he will pick you apart.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Until I see Brady lose I won’t believe it will happen.
I've seen him lose enough over the years and it's always because a dominant Dline overpowers his OLine and Brady faces lots of pressure. If the Bucs had a healthy line and had Godwin and Brown playing I would be very confident they win. But the Rams have the capability to shut down Evans and Gronk so that mean either a lower tier receiver or the running game will have to really excel for them to win. Or the Bucs D plays out of their minds and score a defensive TD or 2!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I've seen him lose enough over the years and it's always because a dominant Dline overpowers his OLine and Brady faces lots of pressure. If the Bucs had a healthy line and had Godwin and Brown playing I would be very confident they win. But the Rams have the capability to shut down Evans and Gronk so that mean either a lower tier receiver or the running game will have to really excel for them to win. Or the Bucs D plays out of their minds and score a defensive TD or 2!
I still go with TB as the slight favorite. It is concerning that his OL will either be going with a weakened starter or a backup against Miller.
OBJ seems to have found his groove in LA now. He stepped up when AZ double covered Kupp.

both teams will probably need to establish the run to keep the pass rush off the QB. Whichever team does a better job at that should win the game.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Score was not indicative of the play. Rams gained over 400 yards to 260 for the Bucs. If Goff hadn't had a couple of brain fart interceptions the game would have been a double digit loss for the Bucs. Bottom line in the game was the Brady was pressured and Goff wasn't. And Stafford is a better QB than Goff so if you give him time he will pick you apart.
So the game actually means little since different personnel and different years. Brady still isn't the QB who's thrown 8 picks in his last 5 games. Stafford is as up and down as they come, another reason I wouldn't pick the Rams to win 4 playoff games.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So the game actually means little since different personnel and different years. Brady still isn't the QB who's thrown 8 picks in his last 5 games. Stafford is as up and down as they come, another reason I wouldn't pick the Rams to win 4 playoff games.
I don't think the Rams could beat the Packers but I give them a slight nod for this weekend.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If either or both of Fournette and Jones are effective, it will greatly increase Tampa's chances. While I'm sure the Rams will put Ramsey on Evans and double Gronk, Brady has several other capable targets(Brate, Grayson, Perriman, Miller, Johnson even the corpse of O.J. Howard possibly). The Bucs secondary should also have a couple guys they didn't have in their 1st meeting. The health of some of the Bucs offensive starters is concerning and could be the tipping point if Brady is beat up all day. The Bucs have a great run defense so if they lose, it's more likely Stafford burned them again and/or Brady turned it over/was sacked a bunch due to the oline injuries. Should be a good game, and while I picked the Bucs, if the Rams win it won't be a shock or anything.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brady without a solid OL is in trouble. So important for their guys to not only play but actually be healthy enough to last the game. Not start and by drive 2 be on the sidelines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad