2021 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
So just a quick perusing of the QMJHL top point scorers, here's their shooting percentages:
9.79 (defenseman)

Here's from the top goal scorers:

So yeah, Mercer's is a bit higher than those guys, but it's not much of a concern to me at this point.
When I get away from a work computer I will compare Mercer's S/G and sh% to other top end players the last 5 years to see if there are any trends.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
When I get away from a work computer I will compare Mercer's S/G and sh% to other top end players the last 5 years to see if there are any trends.
He’s only played 21 games, the QMJHL season ends on June 24th so he’s got plenty more games. He’s on a pretty dominant team, I’m loving the scoring, but I’m mostly looking forward to the playoffs.

In terms of stats the QMJHL website has shots and “dangerous shots”, though I’m not sure what they mean by that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He’s only played 21 games, the QMJHL season ends on June 24th so he’s got plenty more games. He’s on a pretty dominant team, I’m loving the scoring, but I’m mostly looking forward to the playoffs.

In terms of stats the QMJHL website has shots and “dangerous shots”, though I’m not sure what they mean by that.

The dangerous shots smoke cigarettes and wear leather jackets.

My3Sons

Sponsor

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I wonder if they can petition for a delay on his contract to take effect after Providence leaves since he hasn't played yet for the AHL or NHL? At this point would he even want to go back?
Providence is still done, they had a 24 hour window. The Notre Dame withdrew after that window.

Reactions: My3Sons

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Misyul played just under 8 min yesterday in KHL playoffs for Yaroslav (they lost 3-2).
lol a defenseman playing 8 minutes? Why even bother at that point. Still, impressive that he's even in the lineup for a playoff game at the age of 20.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Do we know what his contract status is? I'd love to see him come to camp in the fall and try to win a spot.

Of the two - him and Misyul - Zaitsev's game to this point suggests an element that would fill an organizational need (a physical defense-first defender).

How his game compares to Bahl and Vukojevic will be one of the things to watch if we are back to the traditional prospect/development camp and training camp model.

Given the political climate in New Jersey that is far from certain.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Of the two - him and Misyul - Zaitsev's game to this point suggests an element that would fill an organizational need (a physical defense-first defender).

How his game compares to Bahl and Vukojevic will be one of the things to watch if we are back to the traditional prospect/development camp and training camp model.

Given the political climate in New Jersey that is far from certain.

Move training camp to the Southern US plenty of people and places don't seem to be concerned about coronavirus restrictions anymore and think that it's ok to put people in close contact with each other starting in May. I have to think by training camp they can get something set up.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Move training camp to the Southern US plenty of people and places don't seem to be concerned about coronavirus restrictions anymore and think that it's ok to put people in close contact with each other starting in May. I have to think by training camp they can get something set up.

Great idea.

AusDev

Jan 13, 2015
Reportedly Gritsyuk is expected to extend his KHL deal for two more seasons (until the end of 2022/23).

I forgot how young he is. It makes sense for him to keep developing at his own pace at home with everything going on.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I updated this last night, graduating Ty Smith, Janne Kuokkanen and Yegor Sharangovich, as I feel like they are NHL regulars going forward. I'll add more notes at the bottom. Gimme your thoughts!

TGIL's Top 30 Devils Prospects
Rank Prospect Age* Position Potential
1. Dawson Mercer, 19, C/RW - Top 6
2. Alexander Holtz, 19, RW - Top Line
3. Nolan Foote, 20, LW - Top 6
4. Jesper Boqvist, 22, C/LW - Top 6
5. Tyce Thompson, 22, RW - Middle 6
6. Shakir Mukhamadullin, 19, LHD - Top 4
7. Kevin Bahl, 21, LHD - 4/5
8. Graeme Clarke, 20, RW - 2nd Line
9. Nikita Okhotyuk, 20, LHD - 4/5
10. Reilly Walsh, 22, RHD - 4/5
11. Daniil Misyul, 20, LHD - 4/5
12. Aarne Talvitie, 22, LW - Middle 6
13. Patrick Moynihan, 20, C/RW - 3rd Line
14. Nico Daws, 20, G - Solid Starter
15. Jaromir Pytlik, 19, C - 3rd Line
16. Michael Vukojevic, 20, LHD - 5/6
17. Fabian Zetterlund, 21, RW - Third Line
18. Nathan Bastian, 23, RW - Bottom 6
19. Mikhail Maltsev, 23, C/LW - Bottom 6
20. Nick Merkley, 24, C/RW - Bottom 6
21. Michael McLeod, 23, C - Bottom 6
22. Arseni Gritsyuk, 20, LW - Longshot Top 6
23. Case McCarthy, 20, RHD - 5/6
24. Eetu Pakkila, 21, LW - Longshot Middle 6
25. Benjamin Baumgartner, 21, LW - Longshot Middle 6
26. Nikola Pasic, 20, LW - Longshot Middle 6
27. Marian Studenic, 22, RW - Bottom 6
28. Ethan Edwards, 19, LHD - 6/7
29. Yegor Zaitsev, 23, LHD - 6/7
30. Nate Schnarr, 22, C - Bottom 6
*Age during the 2021 Season (Through July)

Notes
-Dawson Mercer jumped Holtz in the rankings. Mercer has been unreal so far in his D+1 year while Holtz, on a bad team, has failed to impress after a hot start. Nothing changes in their potentials as both should be sure fire NHLers.
-Dropped Bahl from a Top 4 D potential and the 4th spot to a 4/5 potential and the 7th spot. He just hasn't produced with Bingo. He has 1 assist in 14 games. That may not be fair due to how we may be using him but it's how I'm interpreting it for now until we see him with the big club.
-Boqvist, while merely okay with the NHL club, has been impressive with Bingo playing his natural position. Ideally, he'll be used to upgrade the NHL club via trade as he really doesn't have a spot on this roster. He's either a top 6 C or nothing IMO. He's not cut out for LW.
-Bumped Tyce Thompson up to a top 5 slot due to a repeat of a successful PPG season on a lesser Providence team than last year.
-Okhotyuk jumped Walsh while Misyul fell a few spots to outside the top 10. Walsh is scoring at a 0.5 PPG pace, which is nice, but Okhotyuk has been the shutdown guy on a team defense that bleeds constantly. Misyul, while falling a few spots, didn't do anything wrong to change his outlook so the falling has more to do with Okhotyuk and Walsh. He's producing in the KHL similarly to how he produced in the MHL. They are really interchangeable in this range.
-Gave Moynihan a fairly significant bump up to 13 after an impressive near PPG Sophomore season at Providence.
-Vukojevic jumped noticably from a back end top 30 prospect to borderline top half. He's been impressive with Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad