2021 Memorial Cup

Providing there is an event to hold - Which finalist will be awarded the 2020 Memorial Cup?

• Total voters

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
At this point it will really be up in the air for who actually will play big at the deadline table with nothing more than a season that is on a wing and a prayer right now and no schedule released it's hard to say who will be big players.

Once the OHL has got the green light to start playing games then will see who the big players are. The other big thing is the Memorial Cup tournament has yet TBD by the the CHL. The only thing that is determined is that if/when the league is a go on the season the OHL should be the host league.

Now that being said the two places that have been floating around in conversation have been Oshawa and Soo and in recent days I have heard of renavations happening to GFL Memorial Gardens up in the Soo including a brand new video board installed which would indicate that the Greyhounds are trying very hard to get the tournament. Now nothing has been confirmed by either the league or the CHL's Memorial Cup hosting committee yet but I would imagine that if and when the closer we get to seeing OHL hockey the OHL will make an announcement. Until then though everything about the 2020-21 season will be very much in limbo.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Once the OHL has got the green light to start playing games then will see who the big players are. The other big thing is the Memorial Cup tournament has yet TBD by the the CHL. The only thing that is determined is that if/when the league is a go on the season the OHL should be the host league.

Now that being said the two places that have been floating around in conversation have been Oshawa and Soo and in recent days I have heard of renavations happening to GFL Memorial Gardens up in the Soo including a brand new video board installed which would indicate that the Greyhounds are trying very hard to get the tournament. Now nothing has been confirmed by either the league or the CHL's Memorial Cup hosting committee yet but I would imagine that if and when the closer we get to seeing OHL hockey the OHL will make an announcement. Until then though everything about the 2020-21 season will be very much in limbo.
It’s not just being floated around, it’s been very much confirmed that Oshawa and the Soo are the only 2 teams who are bidding to host it. Neither team has even pitched their proposal to the board yet though

ohl has a board of governors meeting with all the owners on Monday. I assume we’ll have more answers after that

Reactions: HockeyPops

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
And cancellation now fixed things?
They move as fast as a slug.
Love to kick things down the road....

It literally does not make one iota of a difference if it's cancelled a year ago or cancelled today. Not one thing changes. It could not matter less

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It literally does not make one iota of a difference if it's cancelled a year ago or cancelled today. Not one thing changes. It could not matter less

At least if it was canceled a few months ago they can move on.
False hope for past few months didnt help at all.
Whole process been a shit show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad