Prospect Info: 2021 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #7

Who is the Kings #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Madden is tough for me to gauge. Haven't seen him that much in the pro game so it's hard to get a read on his development. He's got great pedigree and skills, I just don't have any idea how he translates yet.

I always have a difficult time with smaller guys though, for years they were passed over for the most part unless they had obvious talent. Moore wasn't even drafted, but if he put up the numbers he did in the USHL and college nowadays he'd be a 2nd rounder.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So looking at last year's most-participated-in prospect polls--we would get about/just over 100 respondents, which is consistent with the last few as well...200 isn't accurate.

@King'sPawn this is your show but I think your discretion has been fine. If we get 70 votes on a player and no one else is getting more than 10, it's pretty fair to shut down early, as you can't predict participation will suddenly double in 24 hours when it never has before.

I appreciate that.

My intentions have been good, and obviously not everyone will be happy.

There have been a lot of landslides where there hasn't been much discussion. Byfield was 77-1.

But this is supposed to be fun. If people feel they are being left out, then that's a problem. I just didn't think it would be fun to have zero to talk about aside from "I agree."

If there's an uptick in votes with me keeping it at 24 hours, I'll be happy to keep it that way. But if there's little to no change for 14 hours several polls in a row, I may go back.

Alternatively, other people are welcome to make the polls, too. This isn't me being petulant - it's a communal activity I'm running but don't claim ownership.

So far we're at 72 votes during a weekday with 8-ish hours to go in the poll. I hope to see many more.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
oh I do

Thomas is a MUCH smarter player and is also more talented. He was also playing with two bum shoulders last season.
My spidey senses tell me that he will surprise at training camp
I don't think Akil is going to be in training camp.

There's two ways you can look at the shoulder surgeries. It could be a good thing or a bad thing.

We were pretty high on Vey around here. He had 67pts in 74 games in his second AHL season. I think we'd be pretty happy if Thomas could score at a similar rate this season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I appreciate that.

There have been a lot of landslides where there hasn't been much discussion. Byfield was 77-1.

But this is supposed to be fun. If people feel they are being left out, then that's a problem. I just didn't think it would be fun to have zero to talk about aside from "I agree."

If there's an uptick in votes with me keeping it at 24 hours, I'll be happy to keep it that way. But if there's little to no change for 14 hours several polls in a row, I may go back.

Alternatively, other people are welcome to make the polls, too. This isn't me being petulant - it's a communal activity I'm running but don't claim ownership.

So far we're at 72 votes during a weekday with 8-ish hours to go in the poll. I hope to see many more.
You know what the road to H-E-double hockey sticks is paved with...

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have to go with Akil here. Debated between Fagemo, Madden and Thomas and ultimately decided that of the first year pros that played with the Reign this year, I was most surprised by his production. Byfield and Kaliyev isn't surprising since they're the best offensive players in our pool, but I thought out of all of our prospects I thought Akil was going to take the longest to adjust to professional hockey and he slotted in a lot better than I thought he would. Add in that he was dealing with shoulder injuries throughout the year makes it more impressive in my mind. If it was a full AHL season he would've been on pace for about 46 points and close to 20 goals, which I absolutely would not have expected out of him in his first year.

I mean its literally not possible for me to like this kid anymore than I already do. I really really want him to succeed and I want him on this team for a long time

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
oh I do

Thomas is a MUCH smarter player and is also more talented. He was also playing with two bum shoulders last season.
My spidey senses tell me that he will surprise at training camp

Peter Parker will soon inform you, that Akil is not expected to be at training camp and be ready around early November...

eek..and note to self: "self, please read all posts, before posting. johnjm22 noted that Akil will not be at camp" sorry.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I appreciate that.

Just wanted to say thanks for doing these! They're super fun and I'm glad I get to participate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad