Rank. Name, Pos (%), change from last year
1. Quinton Byfield, F (98.6%), +0
2. Brandt Clarke, D (43.3%), NR
3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1
5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (67.1%) +3

+ Kirill Kirsanov, D

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
Samuel Helenius, F
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Kasper Simontaival, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Vladimir Tkachev, F
Matthew Villalta, G

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Going with Madden again, but so close in this tier it could easily be Kupari/Madden/Fagemo/Thomas/Pinelli and I wouldn't blink. Spoke my piece on Madden in the last thread. Might do it on Pinelli in the next :laugh:

Add Moverare

Last edited:

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
King'sPawn.....

Are you in a hurry or something? The #6 poll started only @ noon yesterday and peeps only had 11 hours to vote upon it. I didn't even seen it! And now there's #7? Seriously. Please put down the crap pipe!!!

Thanks!!!

BTW.....

There's about 200 regular participants on this board. Of those, roughly HALF of them do not log in during the weekends. So when you start a poll Saturday morning and end it Saturday night (or Sunday), you're disenfranchising roughly HALF of the regular forum participants. Please take note of this.

Thanks Again!!!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
King'sPawn.....

Are you in a hurry or something? The #6 poll started only @ noon yesterday and peeps only had 11 hours to vote upon it. I didn't even seen it! And now there's #7? Seriously. Please put down the crap pipe!!!

Thanks!!!

BTW.....

There's about 200 regular participants on this board. Of those, roughly HALF of them do not log in during the weekends. So when you start a poll Saturday morning and end it Saturday night (or Sunday), you're disenfranchising roughly HALF of the regular forum participants. Please take note of this.

Thanks Again!!!

Polls are staying open 24 hours then.

Vote and discuss. I'll start a new one when the poll closes and I get to it.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Thomas. Given that there probably won’t be a center spot available for him, I see Akil developing into a cerebral, puck possession and play driving winger somewhere in between JDub and Iafallo.

Add Simontaival.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I went with Fagemo, I think he's got top six potential. Add Simontaival.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
King'sPawn.....

Thanks!!!

BTW.....

Thanks Again!!!
I think we need to question your dedication to this process vato

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Gonna stick with Akil Thomas.

Add Master Yoda.
EmAiy1VXYAMxg_Z.jpg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think Thomas' floor is Trevor Lewis and his ceiling is what we wanted Trevor Lewis to be when we drafted him. I think he's as close to a sure thing as it comes with regards to holding a roster spot with LA in the future, barring injuries. They talk about him like they talk about Clifford.

Still went Fagemo, but just my two cents on Thomas.

Reactions: Lt Dan and KINGS17

Token

May 15, 2019
I think Thomas' floor is Trevor Lewis and his ceiling is what we wanted Trevor Lewis to be when we drafted him. I think he's as close to a sure thing as it comes with regards to holding a roster spot with LA in the future, barring injuries. They talk about him like they talk about Clifford.

Still went Fagemo, but just my two cents on Thomas.
Trevor’s career in Manchester was at 0.5 PPG.

Akil is currently at 0.65 PPG with busted shoulders.

I expect more from Thomas.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
King'sPawn.....

Thanks!!!

BTW.....

Thanks Again!!!

So looking at last year's most-participated-in prospect polls--we would get about/just over 100 respondents, which is consistent with the last few as well...200 isn't accurate.

@King'sPawn this is your show but I think your discretion has been fine. If we get 70 votes on a player and no one else is getting more than 10, it's pretty fair to shut down early, as you can't predict participation will suddenly double in 24 hours when it never has before.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Trevor’s career in Manchester was at 0.5 PPG.

Akil is currently at 0.65 PPG with busted shoulders.

I expect more from Thomas.

Lewis was better skater than Thomas. If Akil can improve his speed, he can have as long and good career than Trevor Lewis.

Just like coach Wroblevski said on Thomas:

"“So very, very impressed by his rookie year and with a couple more steps, a couple steps quicker, a little more power to his stride, he could someday push for a spot with Kings.”

Ontario Reign’s Coach Wrobo: Akil Thomas is “Like an Avalanche”

edit.

Voted Thomas. He seems to be a good kid.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So looking at last year's most-participated-in prospect polls--we would get about/just over 100 respondents, which is consistent with the last few as well...200 isn't accurate.

@King'sPawn this is your show but I think your discretion has been fine. If we get 70 votes on a player and no one else is getting more than 10, it's pretty fair to shut down early, as you can't predict participation will suddenly double in 24 hours when it never has before.
It's all about turnout, and how many people hate the incumbent.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If Turcotte stayed in school and did what Madden achieved, we'd all be very pleased. I think that puts things into perspective.

I like Akil Thomas but I don't see him being a significantly better prospect than say Linden Vey.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If Turcotte stayed in school and did what Madden achieved, we'd all be very pleased. I think that puts things into perspective.

I like Akil Thomas but I don't see him being a significantly better prospect than say Linden Vey.
oh I do

Thomas is a MUCH smarter player and is also more talented. He was also playing with two bum shoulders last season.
My spidey senses tell me that he will surprise at training camp

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Oy vey! I hope you are wrong about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad