• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Liljegren is nothing like Stralman. Stralman oozed confidence immediately. Stralman was a prickly arrogant individual with a high hockey IQ. Other than handedness, Sandin is the closest thing to Stralman since Stralman.
What? Aside from being Swedish Sandin and Stralman don't have much in common. Stralman was never an offensive stud like Sandin projects to be, but he was a lot more defensively sound and made less mistakes. The only thing I see in common between their games is their hockey IQ.

Reactions: stickty111

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I'm excited to see what Liljegren will do with the NHL minutes and responsibility he'll get this year. I'm confident he'll make the jump.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is how I feel about our skaters (in order of readiness not ranking):

Liljegren: Floor #5D, Ceiling #2D
Sandin: Floor: #6D, Ceiling #1D
Robertson: Floor: AHL 1st liner, Ceiling: 2nd line sniper
Kokkonen: Floor: AHL all star, Ceiling: #4D
Amirov: Floor: KHL top 6er, Ceiling: all star winger
Niemela: Floor: #7D, Ceiling #2D
Holmberg: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling 3rd liner
Kral: Floor: AHL all star, Ceiling #4D
Steeves: Floor: AHLer Ceiling: 3rd liner
Hirvonen: Floor AHL top 6er, Ceiling 2C
Rubins: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling #5D
Knies: Floor: 4th liner, Ceiling 1st line winger
Hollowell: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling #4D
Abramov: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling high end 2C
Abbruzzese: Floor: full blown bust, Ceiling: 2nd liner
SDA: Floor: Jeremy Bracco, Ceiling: top 6er
Kara: Floor: bust, Ceiling: 4C
Miettinen: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling: All star
Rindell: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling #5D
Koster: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling #4D
Gogolev: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling: top 6 complimentary winger
Ovchinnikov: Floor: bust, Ceiling: 2nd line winger
Villeneuve: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling: #4D
Tverberg: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling: Bottom six energy winger
Loponen: Floor: bust, Ceiling: #5D
Schingoethe: Floor: bust, Ceiling: bottom 6er
Voit: Floor: AHLer, Ceiling: top 6er
Kizimov: Floor: bust, Ceiling: 4th liner
O'Connell: Floor: bust, Ceiling: #7D
Miller: Floor: bust, Ceiling, 3rd liner
Fusco: Floor: bust, Ceiling: #5D

You might as well add me to this list:
Floor: bust, Ceiling: #1C (Elite)

Reactions: hockeynorth

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
That's funny because that was 1 of the issues GMS were quoted on at draft day. And 1 of the reasons Liljegren fell. He had a confidence to him that made it look like arrogance and made it seem like he was better than everyone else.

Liljegren clearly doesn't have that type of personality. Perhaps you've either made that up or confusing him with another prospect. I remember Liljegren having a bad case of mono plus showing less growth from his draft-1 season.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
What? Aside from being Swedish Sandin and Stralman don't have much in common. Stralman was never an offensive stud like Sandin projects to be, but he was a lot more defensively sound and made less mistakes. The only thing I see in common between their games is their hockey IQ.

Stralman played at higher levels of hockey at comparable ages to Sandin. Stralman scored 20 goals in 46 games in his last junior season at 16. Stralman was a regular pro player at 17.

Anyways, that's a total deflection. Stralman was a cocky, confident player and so is Sandin. Liljegren is not that type of individual.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
A young Stralman was an OFD. He became a stout defensive player and settled into a safer style as he aged but he was not like that in the early stages.

Liljegren compares better to the late stage Stralman, which is the better version anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad