• SWITZERLAND

• GERMANY

• CZECH REPUBLIC

• AUSTRIA

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
The plan I always saw was:

2yrs in college (he’s finishing up his second year now)

then either:

1yr in the AHL if he succeeds there
2yrs as the backup in the NHL
Get out from the last 2yrs of bob after that, once he earns the starting position

or

2yrs in the AHL if his first season isn’t amazing and needs adjusting to the pro level
1yr as the backup at minimum
Still get out of the last 2yrs of bob

I still envision this being the progression. He’s not going to come out of his 2nd college season and immediately be an nhl starter with no AHL/pro experience and no nhl experience at all

Reactions: BabyBarkov

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Seems a bit early, earliest I could see it is when he has 3 years left (which is a buyout length of 6 years) which may align when Knight is actually in NHL and other big money comes off the books: Huberdeau, Yandle, Hornqvist, Connolly and Gudas combined for $26 million.
Even with 3 years left, Viola would be paying Bob nearly $18 million total to not play here, that's a ton of cash, imagine what it is with 4 or 5 years left :laugh:
If he still sucks next season he needs to go. It's still cheaper than paying him 10M to not even be a NHL caliber goalie.

I hope I eat crow and Bob is back to being great with a, I just don't expect it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If he still sucks next season he needs to go. It's still cheaper than paying him 10M to not even be a NHL caliber goalie.

I hope I eat crow and Bob is back to being great with a, I just don't expect it.
He’s not gonna suck. I feel like I need to state the obvious a million times. It’s depressing that people don’t think clearly.

Did Bob become good by accident?
Does Bob know what to work on?
Are his mistakes correctable?
Will he work on correcting them?
Do goalies have bad games and seasons?
Do goalies bounce back?
Do good goalies suck forever after one bad season?

Use logic. Bob is not going to suck this year. That’s not the right concern. The right question is, will he be good or great?

Reactions: BabyBarkov

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
He’s not gonna suck. I feel like I need to state the obvious a million times. It’s depressing that people don’t think clearly.

Did Bob become good by accident?
Does Bob know what to work on?
Are his mistakes correctable?
Will he work on correcting them?
Do goalies have bad games and seasons?
Do goalies bounce back?
Do good goalies suck forever after one bad season?

Use logic. Bob is not going to suck this year. That’s not the right concern. The right question is, will he be good or great?

I hope you're right but there are definitely concerns.

Do goalies bounce back? - Sometimes, sometimes not.

Do good goalies suck forever after one bad season? - Yes, depending on the reason for them sucking. Are they aging, have injury problems, etc.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Aging is not one of the problems. He's 31.
Yes aging is a problem. Goalies on average don't improve with time after their mid 20's. I'm not sure why we would expect something different from a position that relies so much on reaction time.
Last year's dip might be a deviation (downward) from his "normal" declining curve, but I'm still not expecting a .918 at age 32.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yes aging is a problem. Goalies on average don't improve with time after their mid 20's. I'm not sure why we would expect something different from a position that relies so much on reaction time.
Last year's dip might be a deviation (downward) from his "normal" declining curve, but I'm still not expecting a .918 at age 32.

I'm not saying he'll improve on what he's already done in his career, what I'm saying is he's not done at age 31. Plus he's probably the most athletic goalie in the league. There' s no reason why he can't have a .915 this season, plenty of much older goalies have done it.

Reactions: Cold Cat

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm not saying he'll improve on what he's already done in his career, what I'm saying is he's not done at age 31. Plus he's probably the most athletic goalie in the league. There' s no reason why he can't have a .915 this season, plenty of much older goalies have done it.
The bigger concern with Bob is that he hasn’t played in training camp: he is a notorious slow starter with less prep than ever in a short season. I’m a bit worried

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad