• SWITZERLAND

• GERMANY

• CZECH REPUBLIC

• AUSTRIA

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Figured we have a lull of NHL news right now so why not get amped for the WJC and talk about the upcoming prospects we may have competing in the tourney.
Some will be locks and some are dark horses to make their respected teams.

The tourney will take part from December 25th to January 5th, 2021 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Likely being played in EDM's arena, Rogers Place.

The schedule and matchups/times can be found here: https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2020-21/world-championship/stats/schedule

Scott Wheeler from the Athletic posted his projected rosters for the 5 powerhouse clubs: CAN, USA, SWE, FIN and RUS.
On his list, he has the following FLA prospects:

Knight in for USA as their #1 goalie

Heineman in for SWE as their 4th line LW

Lundell in for FIN as their #1C
Puutio in for FIN as their bottom pair RD

As for his predictions on medalists:

Gold - CAN
Silver - USA
Bronze - SWE

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's usually hard for the previous year's winner to repeat, but as much as I want to say usa will win it, and also Knight...I think Canada takes it again. They are just too stacked. And I think Levi will have something to say about it.

Reactions: Mase

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's usually hard for the previous year's winner to repeat, but as much as I want to say usa will win it, and also Knight...I think Canada takes it again. They are just too stacked. And I think Levi will have something to say about it.

Wheeler states the only weakness or uncertainty for Canada is their goaltending so maybe Levi does impress enough to nab one of the three spots. He doesn't mention Levi in the running or at all, for the top two spots though.
He notes they have extended rosters of 22 skaters and 3 goalies for this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So pumped for this tournament right now!
My cousin Mason Millman is trying out for Team Canada. So far he has made the first cut. Camp starts November 16th in Red Deer, Alberta.
If he makes Team Canada I am going to lose it! You never know? :crossfing

You gonna fly out West if he makes the team and they're in the gold medal game?
Also, ask your cuz if Levi is gonna make the team, need some insider info.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Wheeler states the only weakness or uncertainty for Canada is their goaltending so maybe Levi does impress enough to nab one of the three spots. He doesn't mention Levi in the running or at all, for the top two spots though.
He notes they have extended rosters of 22 skaters and 3 goalies for this year.

I think Levi is gonna upset people's plans like he always does.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You gonna fly out West if he makes the team and they're in the gold medal game?
Also, ask your cuz if Levi is gonna make the team, need some insider info.
Unfortunately no.
No fans allowed makes it tough. Plus I've been to Edmonton, definitely no need to go back. Especially in these times.

Next time I see him I'll definitely ask about Levi. I'm sure he's in the zone right now , so he doesn't need me in his ear. :blah:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Unfortunately no.
No fans allowed makes it tough. Plus I've been to Edmonton, definitely no need to go back. Especially in these times.

Next time I see him I'll definitely ask about Levi. I'm sure he's in the zone right now , so he doesn't need me in his ear. :blah:

I figured they would let some family members attend but guess not.
How was it? Been to Calgary (Banff) but not Edmonton or Vancouver yet.

Ya work your magic, would be nice to know if Levi makes the roster before its announced.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Ya work your magic, would be nice to know if Levi makes the roster before its announced.

I was there 25 years ago. I don't remember much other than we spent a few days at the West Edmonton Mall. Really cool for a kid. Back when I went in 1995 we did the whole loop: Calgary, Drumheller, Red Deer, Edmonton, Banff, Lake Louise. Pretty nice looking province. I went to Vancouver almost a decade ago when my sister lived there. Also really nice looking place. Neither places I would want to live at. I love Southwestern Ontario. :heart:

I think maybe there is family allowed, but if it is like other sports, only immediate family, so his parents and sister maybe. :dunno:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Is Finland not strong this year at all? Obviously, the overall Finnish development program has taken a huge step forward in the past decade or dozen years. Why would it not be in the running again?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Is Finland not strong this year at all? Obviously, the overall Finnish development program has taken a huge step forward in the past decade or dozen years. Why would it not be in the running again?
Team doesn’t look great this year to be honest. But you never know.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Thats just one guys opinion though.
I've seen people not have them medaling and then they end up in the top 3.

Reactions: harv33173

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

There never in the running if you havent noticed every time they have won any hockey championship there underdogs

Reactions: harv33173 and KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
There never in the running if you havent noticed every time they have won any hockey championship there underdogs
Sure have. That’s why I wanted to make the point.

For year and years there was frustration in Finland. Now there’s results. That’s why I’m picking the no-names to win this year.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Sure have. That’s why I wanted to make the point.

For year and years there was frustration in Finland. Now there’s results. That’s why I’m picking the no-names to win this year.

Yet.. 99% of people in Finland dont expect to win championships before any tournament

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yet.. 99% of people in Finland dont expect to win championships before any tournament
Since I’m not in Finland anymore, I can be part of the 1%.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

As much I hate giving Edmonton credit...the rink is beyond beautiful. I have pics from last years Fla Edm game. I’m going back for sure. Can’t wait for Calgary to finally get the new rink in 3-5 yrs time.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
As much I hate giving Edmonton credit...the rink is beyond beautiful. I have pics from last years Fla Edm game. I’m going back for sure. Can’t wait for Calgary to finally get the new rink in 3-5 yrs time.
Is there any official they're getting new rink? They've been talking about replacing the Saddledome forever it seems like!

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Is there any official they're getting new rink? They've been talking about replacing the Saddledome forever it seems like!

Flames' new arena construction to begin in August 2021, end in May 2024

Here’s a recent article. Excited to finally see a path to a new arena. The oldest arena now going excluding * MSG which has had massive re construction over the years.

The Flames have had one location already rejected by city council because of contamination land issues.

Below ... is an article when our city was hit with a major flood in 2013. See the Saddledome pictures in said article :

Inside the Saddledome: Photo reveal scale of damage in Calgary Flames' flood-ravaged home | National Post

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Flames' new arena construction to begin in August 2021, end in May 2024

Here’s a recent article. Excited to finally see a path to a new arena. The oldest arena now going excluding * MSG which has had massive re construction over the years.

The Flames have had one location already rejected by city council because of contamination land issues.

Below ... is an article when our city was hit with a major flood in 2013. See the Saddledome pictures in said article :

Inside the Saddledome: Photo reveal scale of damage in Calgary Flames' flood-ravaged home | National Post
I’ve always thought the saddle dome was the coolest looking arena. Although I thought I read somewhere that the roof design limited them as far as hanging things from the ceiling. It would be nice to see if they could incorporate the saddle look into the new building.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Russia will be one gold medal contender in this years ( 2021 ) U20 WJC's.
They absolutely dominated Karjala- cup tournament winning all 3 games.

Larionov has done very good job behind Russia's bench.
And that hockey what Russia played in Karjala-Cup was great.
Canada and USA have to give their best if they wanna beat Russia.

Medal team predictions
Gold Russia
Silver Canada ( i'm sorry but this is Russia's year )
Bronze USA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad