2021 Hot Seat/NCAA Coaching Carousel

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Welcome to the hotseat Manny "Manure" Diaz! In my 40 years of following The U I have never seen such a poorly coached, ill-prepared, gutless team in my life. Of course the administrators could care less.

#ComeHomeMarioC

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Matt Nagy, come on down.

Given the incompetence of the Bears owners, he's probably more likely to be extended.
Welcome to the hotseat Manny "Manure" Diaz! In my 40 years of following The U I have never seen such a poorly coached, ill-prepared, gutless team in my life. Of course the administrators could care less.

#ComeHomeMarioC
I just can't see Mario taking the job. Former blue bloods that have been churning through coaches in hopes of returning to glory will probably have to go the Sarkisian route, I can't really see any head coach who has spent years building their programs or their resume throw themselves into a pressure cooker where if they don't succeed in the first 1-2 years they are consistently on the hot seat. Maybe if you pay them/incentivize Saban or Dabo money they would reconsider.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Could I throw out the name of a GM whose name could be on the hot seat? I think a team failure this year could get him thrown out but not his coach.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Dave Gettelman?
Seems like a pretty obvious pick. However, I'm also suggesting his coach stays and I'd have a feeling if he's gone the Giants will clean house on Judge and Jones for better or worse. I could see Chris Grier axed if the Dolphins miss and the offensive line woes are awful. That team needs to protect Tua, and might need an Andrew Berry type to finish the rebuild. But I also can see Flores being immune at this point, especially if that defense still functions well.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He's the smartest GM in the NFL. Just ask him.
You can say this about the ego of most GMs, but with Gettleman... it was literally out of this world. The guy literally thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and would talk down to Albert Einstein if he could. It's really no wonder he was hired by a douchebag owner who was also extremely condescending to Peyton Manning.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
You can say this about the ego of most GMs, but with Gettleman... it was literally out of this world. The guy literally thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and would talk down to Albert Einstein if he could. It's really no wonder he was hired by a douchebag owner who was also extremely condescending to Peyton Manning.

It's not just having a massively inflated ego, it's having a massively inflated ego for absolutely no reason whatsover. He's the GM equivalent of Adam Gase.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's not just having a massively inflated ego, it's having a massively inflated ego for absolutely no reason whatsover. He's the GM equivalent of Adam Gase.
To be fair, he did GM a Super Bowl team... that already had the vast majority of the good players and all of the franchise players drafted by his predecessor.

I can't even begin to describe the hate I had for this garbage football mind and how much hate I got for going against his cult of personality. I originally enjoyed him running another franchise into the ground but now... I honestly just feel horrible for Giants fans.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
To be fair, he did GM a Super Bowl team... that already had the vast majority of the good players and all of the franchise players drafted by his predecessor.

I can't even begin to describe the hate I had for this garbage football mind and how much hate I got for going against his cult of personality. I originally enjoyed him running another franchise into the ground but now... I honestly just feel horrible for Giants fans.

Exactly why I compared him with Gase, who rode the coattails and giant forehead of Peyton Manning into multiple NFL head coaching opportunities he neither deserved nor earned (and after which he left giant smoldering craters of fail behind.)

Most of my extended family is Giant fans. Giant fans are not subtle, and they're pissed.

Reactions: Canes

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Which they could have won if he managed to build a competent O line for Cam.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dont really see appeal of Leftwich , look at guys he has had in TB

Not sold on him and if I recall correctly he was not good in Arizona when he took over at OC

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Coach O's chair is getting scorching. Will lose to Alabama, who knows to Florida/Arkansas/UK/Ole Miss.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Coach O's chair is getting scorching. Will lose to Alabama, who knows to Florida/Arkansas/UK/Ole Miss.
He got a pass last year with Covid and having players opt out like Chase and losing Joe Brady to the Panthers. This year, I see him on the hot seat. If LSU believes that they should be in the same category as Georgia and Alabama, then they should consider a move.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This is going like many expected when he made the jump to the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad