HF Habs: 2021 HfHabs Prospect Rankings #1

Who is our best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
no offense meant but keep in mind with these polls that a lot of posters likely haven't seen the much of most of the prospects, as we can recall that last years had Romanov voted #1 over Caufield and the year before that had Poehling voted #1 and he went on to have the worst rookie season of any of Timmins 1st round picks in the AHL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
no offense meant but keep in mind with these polls that a lot of posters likely haven't seen the much of most of the prospects, as we can recall that last years had Romanov voted #1 over Caufield and the year before that had Poehling voted #1 and he went on to have the worst rookie season of any of Timmins 1st round picks in the AHL.

Goes without saying with some comments about Mailloux when dude spent his season in division 3 Sweden.

It's a fun exercise none the less

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Goes without saying with some comments about Mailloux when dude spent his season in division 3 Sweden.

It's a fun exercise none the less

for sure on both counts, I had never even seen a game at the HockeyEttan level before the draft. I know nothing about the level of play there, it can't be that good though, if a 17 year old blueliner in just 19 games is 1 pt away from the team lead. In fact he lead the entire league in points for U-18 players.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I get people in the know like Norlinder. I’m just very concerned about his size vs big NHL forwards. To be that size, you need to be exceptional, i.e Makar.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I get people in the know like Norlinder. I’m just very concerned about his size vs big NHL forwards. To be that size, you need to be exceptional, i.e Makar.

He's around the size of Markov, so I don't think it's a big issue, he needs to get stronger for sure and you have to worry about the injuries, his defensive issues, but he can snipe the puck for sure. It's not like we are talking about someone Mete's size.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Difficult choice between Norlinder and Guhle. Norlinder seems to have the higher ceiling (has all the tools to be a number 1-2 D) but the higher risk (couple of injuries ridden season, a bit older and needs to work on his defensive zone coverage) while Guhle is a surefire bottom pairing D but unsure about his offensive potential and ability to be more than a top 4 D. Went with Guhle because of his impressive performance in the AHL and because I believe there is some untap offensive potential but could see Norlinder being way better in a couple of years.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
He's around the size of Markov, so I don't think it's a big issue, he needs to get stronger for sure and you have to worry about the injuries, his defensive issues, but he can snipe the puck for sure. It's not like we are talking about someone Mete's size.

He’s listed 5’10, 179 on Hockeydb. Sometimes those numbers are a bit off I know... And he might be the best prospect in our system. if he is but isn’t exceptionally gifted it doesnt say much about Guhle and the rest of the prospect pool.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He’s listed 5’10, 179 on Hockeydb. Sometimes those numbers are a bit off I know... And he might be the best prospect in our system. if he is but isn’t exceptionally gifted it doesnt say much about Guhle and the rest of the prospect pool.

The guy can make any offensive play in the book from defense and has done it against men in the playoffs at the SEL level.

Reactions: SOLR

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I have Caufield as #1, but considering his playoff run, I can see how he can treated as "graduated" .

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Have to go with Guhle when I factor in his high probability of being an NHLer some day soon and ultimate upside. Poehling has a high probability of being an NHLer too but with a somewhat lower upside/role. You can make a case for Norlinder on potential impact alone, his ceiling is the highest on the list.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wonder if Guhle could play this year in the NHL...

He barely played last year. It wouldn't be right. He needs a full WHL season and the WJCs.

Will probably play AHL year after too. I expect him to fight for a spot in 2023-2024 season.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I wonder if Guhle could play this year in the NHL...

He was injured this year and that hampered his development. One might think that another full year of development would never hurt in his case.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I like the possibilities with Kapanen, from the Scouting reports I have read, but I have never actually seen him play..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

never use hockeydb for height/weight, they don't always update the site. I've seen a ton of Norlinder, he's 6'0 or close enough to it and into the 180s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad