Prospect Info: 2021 HF-Panthers top 25 prospects, full results

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm surprised if Denisenko and Heponiemi still continue to stay in NA and dont bolt to Europe.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm surprised if Denisenko and Heponiemi still continue to stay in NA and dont bolt to Europe.
Hippo is too good for Europe. If he gets an actual chance, he will be a very solid bottom 6er with any team in the NHL.

If Denisenko isn't a full-time player with the Panthers by the end of the 2022-23 season (RFA year), I think he goes back to Russia.

Reactions: harv33173

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Hippo is too good for Europe. If he gets an actual chance, he will be a very solid bottom 6er with any team in the NHL.

If Denisenko isn't a full-time player with the Panthers by the end of the 2022-23 season (RFA year), I think he goes back to Russia.
Usually I'd agree, but with Denisenko (and other Russian guys), it's currently more complicated than just "best hockey situation" for them. Depending on where he stands politically, he might not want to return home, he might want to leave ASAP - or he might not care, who knows.

(We have this situation at work now - a former Russian colleague who went home about a year ago recently returned and is now seeking visa/asylum because she'd be persecuted at home for writing an anti-Putin facebook post in February. Her husband couldn't get out and is still stuck in Russia).

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Usually I'd agree, but with Denisenko (and other Russian guys), it's currently more complicated than just "best hockey situation" for them. Depending on where he stands politically, he might not want to return home, he might want to leave ASAP - or he might not care, who knows.

(We have this situation at work now - a former Russian colleague who went home about a year ago recently returned and is now seeking visa/asylum because she'd be persecuted at home for writing an anti-Putin facebook post in February. Her husband couldn't get out and is still stuck in Russia).
Deni is staying in Miami for the off-season it seems like. Possibly for injury recovery.

I don’t think we need to be worried about him: he got massively screwed by the two team set ups and Covid so I’m not writing him off her

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Deni is staying in Miami for the off-season it seems like. Possibly for injury recovery.

I don’t think we need to be worried about him: he got massively screwed by the two team set ups and Covid so I’m not writing him off her
he looked great in those few games pre playoffs a few years ago on barkys wing. just saying.

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't like the sound of "hip surgery"; hopefully he's okay now and it doesn't affect his game. We'll see.

Ya now that I read the article again, I forgot it was hip surgery...
Only thing scarier is back surgery or dreaded concussion(s)...

He wasn't really fast to begin with but his work ethic is one of his best qualities.
Just praying he has a healthy path for next few years, his toolbox is so exciting.

Off topic, but I always remember your love for Kinnunen and he's blossoming now, good eye LGC haha.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ya now that I read the article again, I forgot it was hip surgery...
Only thing scarier is back surgery or dreaded concussion(s)...

He wasn't really fast to begin with but his work ethic is one of his best qualities.
Just praying he has a healthy path for next few years, his toolbox is so exciting.

Off topic, but I always remember your love for Kinnunen and he's blossoming now, good eye LGC haha.
Ah, the sweet times when I could spend the time following all our prospects including the 7th rounders... :D
From what I remember, some of Kinnunen's issues were that he couldn't score to save his life and that he was very lightweight especially with his height. Scoring seems to have improved from "nonexistent" to "very meh", and he still looks kinda skinny... I'd love for him to make it but we'll see. This year with Charlotte should be telling.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ah, the sweet times when I could spend the time following all our prospects including the 7th rounders... :D
From what I remember, some of Kinnunen's issues were that he couldn't score to save his life and that he was very lightweight especially with his height. Scoring seems to have improved from "nonexistent" to "very meh", and he still looks kinda skinny... I'd love for him to make it but we'll see. This year with Charlotte should be telling.

Hoping the trio of you, @Knighty Knight and I can rekindle the prospect info and keep all the posters informed of the next budding superstar with weekly updates.

You been busy with work it sounds like?
Hope all is well your way.

Reactions: austropanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hoping the trio of you, @Knighty Knight and I can rekindle the prospect info and keep all the posters informed of the next budding superstar with weekly updates.

You been busy with work it sounds like?
Hope all is well your way.
Knight Knight took the summer off...we should probably reach out to make sure his health is okay though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad