2021 FPHL Season Thread

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
I'm just wondering where the "fill out the schedule" team will be billed from when there's a mid-season fold - Delaware? Cape Cod? Broome County? Danbury?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm just wondering where the "fill out the schedule" team will be billed from when there's a mid-season fold - Delaware? Cape Cod? Broome County? Danbury?
Delaware would be MY first choice, but I wouldn't bet against a dark horse like Belle Vernon or a second reincarnation of the Bluefins nominally based outside of MA or NY. Odds are favorable that the sub team would be named "Federals" per tradition & a stockpile of old practice jerseys..

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Delaware would be MY first choice, but I wouldn't bet against a dark horse like Belle Vernon or a second reincarnation of the Bluefins nominally based outside of MA or NY. Odds are favorable that the sub team would be named "Federals" per tradition & a stockpile of old practice jerseys..

"Here's a couple rolls of sock tape and some stale Gatorade. Go get 'em, guys!" - Sarge Richards, probably.

Hey Sarge, why haven't you answered my questions?

Is it reasonable to assume the reason the FPHL didn't have a game cancelled due to Covid-19 is because they just pretended it didn't exist? No testing plan and no tests means no positive means no games cancelled, right?

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
I sometimes wonder if we might see the great Jim Cashman reemerge from the depths of... whatever... in the Federal League.

Geoff, you had some experience with Cashman, didn't you?
Oneida County Comets here in the Utica area.

He was a heck of a talker, that's for sure.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I sometimes wonder if we might see the great Jim Cashman reemerge from the depths of... whatever... in the Federal League.

Geoff, you had some experience with Cashman, didn't you?
The league with the New England Stars was the Troll 2 of hockey: The greatest awful league ever. They won every game like 23-2 with 100 shots on goal and when they won the "Herb Brooks Memorial Cup" it was literally a random trophy they grabbed out of a display from the DIA. FPHL isn't exactly well run (an understatement I know) but in terms of professionalism it's the NFL in comparison to Cashman.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015

I'm going off the board for my bet with Connellsville, PA. The Fed had their sights set on it and used the Ice Mine for a neutral site game, but the NAHL snagged the venue out from under them, only for the junior team to fold after one season. The FHL settled for Belle Vernon instead.

Let's go Keystone Federals!

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Edit: Rumor is Watertown ownership is adding to Binghamton this season for a one year thing while Binghamton figures out their hockey future. This information was given to at least one arena sponsor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlantian

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Rumors have to start somewhere. Might as well be in your post.
I mean you can wait it out, I dont care much if you believe me, but I know it is in the works.

If a mod needs confirmation they can contact me.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Do you mean exhibition games? That would be out of character for Andreas to move Watertown when the market is so successful.
Edit: watertown ownership is starting another team in binghamton. so watertown is not moving, but owner will have two teams.

Last edited:

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Well that would be a smart thing to do piss off two hockey markets. Watertown take their team away from them, and then piss you off the fans in Binghamton by sticking the fphl when they're already upset about losing an AHL team, that makes no sense at all

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad