2021 FPHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
FPHL Regular Season Schedule

NY teams only to start (Elmira & Watertown). Per the announcement in the OP: "When other member teams receive clearance to compete, a more inclusive schedule shall be presented."

Current rosters & coaching staffs for the Enforcers and the Wolves.

Last edited:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Considering what has occurred with college hockey schedules up that-a-way, I don't think "nonstop" is quite the way to put it. :facepalm:

At the same time, this is the FPHL, and one of the teams is freaking Elmira, whose owner (besides law enforcement) has made it not so subtle about how he feels towards COVID-19 restrictions.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
At the same time, this is the FPHL, and one of the teams is freaking Elmira, whose owner (besides law enforcement) has made it not so subtle about how he feels towards COVID-19 restrictions.

Are you from Elmira? If you are you don't have to support the team. Nothing wrong with community support behind the team whom they chose to name in honor of the strong local ties to Law Enforcement and Corrections officers. What ever personal opinions Robbie has about the C-19 restrictions so what, he is entitled to his thoughts just as long as he respects the restrictions and implements the measures.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Signs of life ...

ETA: I should've put a question mark after my first line. You Tube live feed finally had this to say @ 1:30 PM Eastern ... SORRY FOLKS GAME CANCELLED

ETA 2: But now they're warming up ... or maybe that was a replay of a previous game ... too many windows open at once ... :whaaa?:

ETA3: Wolves You Tube Live page says: "Live Stream 02/03/2021 Game Cancelled" ... Wolves still skating around the ice and going through warm-up drills. Enforcers departed @ 2 PM local.

Last edited:

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I suppose all Watertown/Elmira matches are off the table, and the league is going to have to hope other teams can play and convince them to be a third party to get this season to finish.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hearing reports of a four team 30 game season possible. Teams would be Columbus, Carolina, Port Huron, and Elmira
South Conference & North Conference, makes sense. Elmira will fight Port Huron for 30 games, while the River Dragons & Thunderbirds sip mint juleps together while they await the survivor to face in a neutral-site best-of-3 League championship at a rink straddling the Mason-Dixon Line.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyEddie20

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
As of right now, the four teams will be playing in three arenas with Carolina being a travel team until restrictions are lessened

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Danbury officially opts out because playing games with a 200 person capacity would've been pointless. The two junior teams will resume playing at the DIA with the limited capacity (which no game is probably going to reach, but at least there's games to go to).

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Danville Dashers are no more. They will be replaced by the Danville Bobcats of the SPHL apparently after a meeting between the arena and different prospective ownership groups.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
That helps Peoria and Quad Cities out if and when they come back to the SPHL.

On the FPHL front, however, that does make travel a bigger chore, and makes the Bloomington expansion a harder sell.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
That helps Peoria and Quad Cities out if and when they come back to the SPHL.

On the FPHL front, however, that does make travel a bigger chore, and makes the Bloomington expansion a harder sell.
Apparently the dashers ownership is going over all their options and relocation is still on the table. Many of the dasher faithful have said they will not support this new team.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Apparently the dashers ownership is going over all their options and relocation is still on the table. Many of the dasher faithful have said they will not support this new team.

The FPHL, much as I rag on it, caters to a unique type of audience that is very loyal, and having said team getting their venue taken from them resonates poorly. It can easily kill a town.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Danville will be a sleepier town than it already is if hockey support dies there, which would be a shame. But the desire for change has been simmering within the arena board for at least 2 years, so it will have to run its course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad