Who is going to be chosen by Seattle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Same top six forwards as everyone else, I say keep Dowd as 7th forward.
Same two top defenseman as everyone else, I say keep Jensen as the 3rd.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Protecting Schultz or Dillon over Jensen would put me in the Fire GMBM camp.

They’ve tried for over a year to trade Jensen….prepare yourself.

Do they protect the cheaper guy in hopes of a selection of a more expensive guy, or maybe they know an expensive guy is unlikely to get picked, realize they need to shed any salary they can and make the guy with the shorter contract and smaller AVV available.

Last edited:
Reactions: txpd

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
5gowq0.jpg

1880s? I'm old, but not THAT old!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Forwards
Backstrom
Kuznetsov
Eller
Dowd
Oshie
Mantha
Wilson

Defense
Carlson
Orlov
Jensen

Goalie
Samsonov

Approach to the forwards was that you build a team down the middle, so emphasis on the centers. Regarding the d, Jensen might not appear on many list but I just prefer him over Dillon and Schultz.

The only two players that I would have some heartburn over if we lose them in the draft is Vanecek and Hathaway, all the rest meh.

Picked almost the exact same but I thought they'd protect Schultz over Jensen because Lavi seems very high on JS, he plays 2 min more per game than NJ, and Schultz is the only other D on the team to get significant PP TOI/G. And I say this as someone who thought he sucked coming down the stretch and in the playoffs. I'm going with what I see the team doing rather than personal preference per the poll.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Dillon and Sheary to Vancouver for Nate. Dillon's from New Westminister, B.C. which is a Vancouver suburb I believe.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So for ease of reading:

Forwards
Backstrom
Kuznetsov
Eller
Dowd
Oshie
Mantha
Wilson

Defense
Carlson
Orlov
Schultz

Goalie
Samsonov

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Something just dawned on me. Ron Francis, who use to be the Canes GM and is currently GM of the Kraken, could pick up Trevor Van Riemsdyk instead of Jensen/Schultz/Dillon. So it might not matter which of the 3 get exposed. TVR and Jensen are both better skating d-men than Dillon. The only negative is Jensen/TVR/Schultz don't have the hitting/toughness of Dillon. With Chara gone, Dillon is probably the slowest skater on the back end now.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Something just dawned on me. Ron Francis, who use to be the Canes GM and is currently GM of the Kraken, could pick up Trevor Van Riemsdyk instead of Jensen/Schultz/Dillon. So it might not matter which of the 3 get exposed. TVR and Jensen are both better skating d-men than Dillon. The only negative is Jensen/TVR/Schultz don't have the hitting/toughness of Dillon. With Chara gone, Dillon is probably the slowest skater on the back end now.
Dillon is actually a pretty good skater IMO. He’s probably faster than Orlov (but not as shifty), Carlson, and TVR.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I voted Sprong, Jensen, Vanecek and the common Fs and D

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
IF Kuzy was left exposed, would Seattle take him given his reputation and salary/term? I’m not so sure myself but thought I’d ask.

There isn't a world you don't take a top line center who has 153 points over his last 180 games. They need offense, and something to excite their fans.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I feel bad for Vanecek. If he stays in Washington he is 1 of 2 goaltenders and has a reasonable chance to start. If Seattle picks him, he has a reasonable chance of not even making the team.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's gonna be VV. He is cheap and young. Worst case he is your backup at a low price. Best case he is the starter and takes the lumps while the team begins to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad