Prospect Info: 2021 Entry Draft #60 - Janis Moser (D)

rimpirate

Nov 19, 2013
Hi, I'm a season ticket holder in Biel and congratulate you on picking Moser. He may not (yet) be a very physical D-man, but he makes very few mistakes, is virtually never out of position, and since last season has gained confidence to use his speed to make rushes on attack. His shot is sub-par and he'll certainly need to adjust to the NHL-sized rink, but I am certain that he has all the tools and the mindset to succeed.

I'll add a few anecdotal observations:
In his rookie season, he only got a courtesy call-up from juniors because a veteran defender got injured. He basically took over the vet's ice time, role and responsibilities without a hitch.
In his sophomore season, he mostly played the defensively responsible part while allowing his linemate to contribute on the attack.
Last season, he was the best D-man on the squad, including imports. For a time, he lead the team in points and put in a production compared to a certain Roman Josi.
He made the Swiss WHC squad and, despite a rather shaky start for him, never looked out of place and held his own against top-calibre opponents.

He might well turn out to be a steal. And if he turns out to be a bust, we're more than happy to take him back

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
Is there anything team related in there? Name? Logo?
Team logo (the two crossed hatchets) and the name of the team is on the jersey. You can see it on the front and on the sleeves, rest of it is adds. Pro hockey in Switzerland (and most of Europe) wouldn't be financially viable without the ads, best explained by this old reddit post. But at least we don't have commercial breaks as of now (even though that's only a matter of time).

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Team logo (the two crossed hatchets) and the name of the team is on the jersey. You can see it on the front and on the sleeves, rest of it is adds. Pro hockey in Switzerland (and most of Europe) wouldn't be financially viable without the ads, best explained by this old reddit post. But at least we don't have commercial breaks as of now (even though that's only a matter of time).

Commercial breaks 10 times better than skating billboards.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I was a big Suchy fan, solid defensive defenseman who scored a ridiculous highlight reel goal one time. Sad I can't find it, iirc he went end to end and cut in from the right faceoff dot and roofed it short side.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I thought they would wait until after the rookie camp/tournament. Good sign.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I saw this link on the main prospects board after the draft. I thought it was interesting that we were mentioned as the frontrunners at the time the piece was written. I'm glad they didn't mess around with trying to wait for him in a later round if he actually proves to be NHL ready this year as a regular. He was generating a good amount of interest from other teams.

Biel's Janis Moser has been in contact with ten teams from the NHL

I know very little about most draft eligible prospects and I know even less about this guy. I think we could be underrating him a bit since he didn't crack the top ten of our most recent prospects poll. At least I hope he proves that to be the case.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No announcement from the Yotes yet.

I believe he was the team captain this year. I wonder if they called him alternate just because of a picture that is old?

Scott Wheeler (who’s a big fan of this player/pick) called him captain. And elite prospects shows him as captain.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
They don’t/can’t post until the contract clears the league office. That doesn’t mean someone else won’t jump just to get the scoop.

BTW…. Craig with deets…

Don't you wish your job had this type of incentive to perform well? Just think if your employer offered a 10 fold increase in pay if you moved up to the A team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad