Prospect Info: 2021 Entry Draft #223 - Sam Lipkin (LW)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It seems like turning pro makes sense in his particular situation. He’s 20 years old and can’t go back to the WJC, he’s playing for a pretty old college team that’s likely to lose much of its core and take a step back, and he’s already played a huge role on a championship team, winning the title and scoring a point per game. Plus he’s already very big and strong and mature. I just don’t see what another year of amateur hockey can do for him. I’m not sure why he’d even consider it.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I mean what does he really have left to prove in college aside from taking on a bigger offensive role. He could probably slot right into Tucson’s top 6.

What a pick

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It seems like turning pro makes sense in his particular situation. He’s 20 years old and can’t go back to the WJC, he’s playing for a pretty old college team that’s likely to lose much of its core and take a step back, and he’s already played a huge role on a championship team, winning the title and scoring a point per game. Plus he’s already very big and strong and mature. I just don’t see what another year of amateur hockey can do for him. I’m not sure why he’d even consider it.
How does he compare to a McBain or a Smith? Talent, skating etc.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How does he compare to a McBain or a Smith? Talent, skating etc.
late bloomer but he looks to be right around the mark of Nathan Smith. Likely plays on 3rd/4th line. Big player so would pair nice with McBain in time. Played with Doan (and Fantilli) in Chicago. Watched a ton of him last year.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Too early in the rebuild to be dealing our prospects.
I like Lipkin better than Jenik, Lutz or any other LW prospect so I would really like to hang on to him.
Even better than our newest LW, Logan Cooley?
agreed, Lipkin would be ideal 4th/3rd liner...plays big, great defender and has some offense
Ah, c'mon! We have 2 7ths in this years draft! All kidding aside, you've got to give to get and he is still in Hamden!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00