• Josh Lopina

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I like LaCombe more then Thrun since he still is so new to the position. I think his upside is higher.

They are close for me though.
I think as well that LaCombe has a higher ceiling but also longer road to reach it. Right now I have more faith in Thrun but I'm quite certain that LaCombe will reach the NHL

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I went with Groulx because he has steadily progressed and had a solid rookie season in the AHL. If Lundestrom doesn't find his offense I imagine Groulx will get that opportunity. His upside might not be as high but he seems closer to NHL than the other guys on the list.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
And wasn't Thrun playing his off-side at WJC too?

I think I have the opposite of recency bias... I like Thrun because he's shown a little more.
I think he may have at times. But he was playing PK and in the top 4 on a pretty stacked team, and he never looked out of place. Lacombe definitely has more upside if he hits it, since his tools are better. But I think Thrun at worst is an NHL player, and could easily be a 3 or a 4 if he hits his potential.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I went Zellweger here because his season was a relatively small sample but the results + being one of the youngest players in the draft is a pretty wild combo for me. I think he has more pure upside than Thrun or Groulx and no big question marks other than his size, unlike Pastujov who has a lot of work ahead of him to improve his skating and pace of play to an NHL level.

I think Groulx is next up for me.

Reactions: duxfan1101

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I took Groulx because I think he's the closest to the NHL roster and I believe in the offense enough to where I think he can be a middle-six fixture as soon as 2022-23. Barely edged out both of LaCombe and Thrun.

Imagine Dostal--through no fault of his own--not finding his way into the top 5. This pool is DEEP.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Went with lacombe…. He’s been great since draft and has pretty good upside m.

not to say zell/pastujov arnt good prospects, I just need more time to get acclimated to them.

groulx is a tough 1 for me…. Love the player but I feel like I hold him back because he hast limited upside.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not that I don’t see a point to be made there, but I find it a little funny how a) the consensus is that the Ducks are much better at drafting defensemen than forwards, b) the Ducks just drafted a defenseman in Zellweger above a forward in Pastujov and c) some are going to go against that order here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad